Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixed signals from a woman

Options
  • 02-12-2018 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭

There's this cute as a button babe who has a stall at my local market we sometimes have a chat & flirt every sunday....but today she was as cold as ice:confused: giving me one word answers no eye contact...is she playing it cool? or is it an indirect signal > i'm not into you move on??

advice please?

(btw - before you ask she's definitely single.....and straight)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

It sounds like the latter to me, but that is just me.

You may have pushed it a bit far last time, maybe not.

She mightn't be feeling good about herself today, which probably happens more than we realise.

Approach with just a bit more caution next week, you'll know for sure then...and good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

It sounds like the latter to me, but that is just me.

You may have pushed it a bit far last time, maybe not.

She mightn't be feeling good about herself today, which probably happens more than we realise.

Approach with just a bit more caution next week, you'll know for sure then...and good luck!!

Or don't approach, who wants to go out with a moody bitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Which market would this be now? : )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

the only person who can tell you what she's thinking is the lady herself so just ask and at least you'll know.

I wouldn't assume anything by her mood today, maybe something's happened to make her a bit preoccupied. It might not be you.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Or don't approach, who wants to go out with a moody bitch?

Oh yea, everybody is in a great mood every day!!

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    There's this cute as a button babe who has a stall at my local market we sometimes have a chat & flirt every sunday....but today she was as cold as ice:confused: giving me one word answers no eye contact...is she playing it cool? or is it an indirect signal > i'm not into you move on??

advice please?

I'd say she's having a bad day. Don't take it personally. She might be back tomorrow full of the joys.

My only advice is ask her out before someone else does.

Give it a crack and move on one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Maybe you were a complete arse the last time you seen her.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^

nope, we were having a laugh together................today it was like i p!ssed in her handbag...just wondering did someone bad mouth me???? hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

We all have our off days, see how she is next time would be my advice, if she was off with me.again i would ask out straight if i had offended her in some way.

• Advertisement

advice please?

She works in a market trying to make you buy stuff. All day she has guys flirting with her, it's meaningless banter. Probably just having a bad day but I wouldn't expect much from the situation even if she is back all bubbly next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Oh yea, everybody is in a great mood every day!!

some people are. and even if the are not they do not behave like the woman in the OP. Avoid I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Badmouthing sounds unlikely if you don't have any known mutual acquaintances.

She's not giving mixed signals. She's giving very clear fnck off signals. The polite response is to fnck off.

The worst thing you can do is to respond by becoming more forward. Don't ask if you offended her. Don't ask her out. If you go back to the stall be polite and don't try to engage with her.

Classic female behaviour. She got you interested, now she wants to get you obsessed, so she is short. See how being friendly with you got you thinking you have a chance? See now how she has you on the internet like a teenager?

Skip her for a week. But pass her stall

Then buy something at her stall, see how she reacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

She's about to be made homeless. Or her cat died. Or her BFF ghosted her when she went looking for the money they owed her. Could be a hundred and one reasons for a bad mood.
    Did she serve anybody else while you were nearby? Was she the same with them?

^^^^^^^^

No, she was friendly with other customers bar me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Maybe like a typical MAN you ****ed up as usual !

Typical MAN always blaming women!

Sexist pigs!!

#metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

^^^^^^^^

Uh-oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

^^^^^^^^

Did you actually piss in her handbag? That might explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Erm,

Im not sure what you want from this thread OP.

Do you want to ask her out? Or do you want to be her friend with friendly banter.

If its the former, then why havent you..........

if its the latter than just be friendly like a normal person.

• Advertisement

Badmouthing sounds unlikely if you don't have any known mutual acquaintances.

we do have mutual acquaintances (2 females) but can't think of any reason why they would badmouth me...unless they're two-faced
    listermint wrote: »
    Do you want to ask her out? Or do you want to be her friend with friendly banter.

If its the former, then why havent you..........

cause if i ask her out and she's says no...i'll never be able to show my face at that market again, i'd find it mortifying

i want to be certain she likes me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

She is just trying to sell you stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

we do have mutual acquaintances (2 females) but can't think of any reason why they would badmouth me...unless they're two-faced

cause if i ask her out and she's says no...i'll never be able to show my face at that market again, i'd find it mortifying

i want to be certain she likes me

What kind of market is this? Snotty jams and over priced coffee place, an Xmas market or auldwans selling week old fruit and knock off nikes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Her boyfriend was watching.

What kind of market is this? Snotty jams and over priced coffee place, an Xmas market or auldwans selling week old fruit and knock off nikes?

the former, Snotty jams and over priced coffee place

Classic female behaviour. .....

I agree...... but many males are no different

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

That's pretty much the situation if shes daycent looking and working behind a counter

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Is there a chance you have some sort of RomCom fantasy going on in your head about how this could end up for you two, whereas her reality is that you're just one of dozens of people she sells stuff to from a stall every weekend?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

shush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Just buy something from the stall next to her next week and just nod a hello as you walk past. Be as friendly as you can with the seller next door and then just walk away !!

Advertisement