Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing coil/filter

Options
  • 30-11-2018 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Hi. Vaping over a month now & getting on extraordinarily well. My only motivation was Financial & I am certainly noticing the extra few shillings in my pocket. How do you know when the coil thingy needs replacing? I have changed mine once - just to get the hang of it, but I'm curious to know how will I know it NEEDS to be replaced? Thanks

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Once you notice the flavour of your juice dropping off or if you get a burning taste then it's time to change.
    Some juices are harder on coils than others, highly sweetened juice will gunk up a coil quickly and you'll need to change more frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Another giveaway is a dry hit - can happen if there's no liquid left in the tank but also if the cotton has packed it in and can't absorb liquid as easily. You'll notice from the cough-inducing dry throat feel usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

If it NEEDS to be replaced, you'll know it straight away! People get mad into the flavours, and as soon as the flavour drops a little bit they'll change the coil. But you could limp on for another few days no bother, with a slightly burned taste creeping in - but once it's vaping fine and you're getting your nicotine you're grand. You said you're vaping a month - your taste buds will be redeveloping for the next few months, and after that you might find yourself changing coils once a week for the constant fresh taste. But until then, don't worry about it. Just make sure you have a spare coil or two, cos when you get a dry hit you'll know all about it...! Fire in the lungs hurts like crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Aw, thank you all so much. I am so absolutely delighted with myself for going 5 weeks without buying cigarettes, I'd feckin' hate it if technology was the reason I went back to square one. I'm anal at the best of times, (I think it could be a seige mentality) so I have stockpiled 12 bottles of juice & a five-pack of coils 'just in case'.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Aw, thank you all so much. I am so absolutely delighted with myself for going 5 weeks without buying cigarettes, I'd feckin' hate it if technology was the reason I went back to square one. I'm anal at the best of times, (I think it could be a seige mentality) so I have stockpiled 12 bottles of juice & a five-pack of coils 'just in case'.

Well done! It's probably wise to have a few spares handy. It's not a bad idea to have a backup device available as well, just in case your main one breaks and you're tempted. Some people opt for having a cheap disposable "pod" system, but seems like most vapers get the collecting bug and end up with enough gear to stock a small shop. Whichever way you go, best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Nice one Foggy,it's good to hear you're still off the smokes...

Advertisement