Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leave Apple alone, go after the whiskey tax dodgers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Sure we've no business person I can think of with a Malta connection. Anybody?
    I do find it amusing that such stories make little impact but we have recurring 'entitlement culture' yarns.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

DeVore? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I do find it amusing that such stories make little impact but we have recurring 'entitlement culture' yarns.

What are you talking about? The double Irish has received huge amounts of coverage over the years to the point that it even got closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

So whats the point of the thread? There was a loophole, US authorities have dealt with it, Revenue are dealing with it, job done...

What are you talking about? The double Irish has received huge amounts of coverage over the years to the point that it even got closed down.

Would you say it got as much coverage as a Traveler family having a disagreement with their council or the Christmas bonus? I wouldn't not by a long shot.
    Just commenting on perspective. What grinds the gears of some...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Would you say it got as much coverage as a Traveler family having a disagreement with their council or the Christmas bonus? I wouldn't not by a long shot.
    Just commenting on perspective. What grinds the gears of some...

It definitely has gotten more coverage than those. The double Irish was huge international news. A few years back it was in the news all the time. Countless people doing videos explaining how it worked. Even US tech sites were doing numerous articles about it. It eventually got shut down so it did have an impact, a huge one. Whereas the stories about the Christmas bonus had little impact because it's still there.

It definitely has gotten more coverage than those. The double Irish was huge international news. A few years back it was in the news all the time. Countless people doing videos explaining how it worked. Even US tech sites were doing numerous articles about it. It eventually got shut down so it did have an impact, a huge one. Whereas the stories about the Christmas bonus had little impact because it's still there.

It had results for sure. I read the article. I would like to see this kind of issue raised as much as other less important, (beyond handy distraction) news items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

So whats the point of the thread? There was a loophole, US authorities have dealt with it, Revenue are dealing with it, job done...

Over three billion of Apple tax money sitting in an account, that we don’t want. Let’s go after the whiskey boys for tax.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

OP, you need to provide more to discuss if you want to start a thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement