Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate the race - Round 21 - Abu Dhabi

Options
  • 25-11-2018 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭

To round off the season

Rate the Race 14 votes

0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    21%
    LionbackerAMKCBurkie1203 3 votes
    35%
    ZaphGhost Trainskipper_GAnjobethe_pen_turner 5 votes
    21%
    weekaizerAnesthetizeInviere 3 votes
    21%
    blackdog2Grim.Harika 3 votes
    0%
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

7. Think it was saved by Max having his little issues at the beginning meaning he had a chance to attack.

It's a pity Ocon didn't park his car on track to get a safety car out near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

might have been higher only for the 2 horrendous stewarding decisios

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

might have been higher only for the 2 horrendous stewarding decisios

Was reading today that Alonso cut the corner three laps in a row, whereby Bottas was given his error as a 'joker' (ie, a warning)...something Max has gotten this season to his benefit. Kinda made me a bit less annoyed about the whole thing.

5 for the race itself, it was more boring than not.

who was it that overtook someone then ran wide and off the track. he was given a penalty and only did it once. he gained an adventage so did bottas.
    at least investigate bottas and issue a warning . ignoring it shows haow biased the stewarding is.

look at roman/ magnison incident. racing incident.
    brasil ocon/max did the same but ocon got a huge penalty

your right the last half was boring

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Inviere wrote: »
    Was reading today that Alonso cut the corner three laps in a row, whereby Bottas was given his error as a 'joker' (ie, a warning)...something Max has gotten this season to his benefit. Kinda made me a bit less annoyed about the whole thing.

5 for the race itself, it was more boring than not.

Alonso was penalised 5 seconds each time for the three incidents, Ocon got 5 seconds for leaving the track once fighting Vandoorne. They didn't get a 'joker', Bottas' wasn't even investigated by the stewards. I remain disgusted at the shocking levels of inconsistency.

Still the race was grand, a 6 is about right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,575 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I Have to sat the race was much better than I thought it would be. It was a little boring in the middle but otherwise it was good so a 7 from me.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Inviere

skipper_G wrote: »
    Alonso was penalised 5 seconds each time for the three incidents, Ocon got 5 seconds for leaving the track once fighting Vandoorne. They didn't get a 'joker', Bottas' wasn't even investigated by the stewards. I remain disgusted at the shocking levels of inconsistency.

Still the race was grand, a 6 is about right

I read the explanations and was fairly happy with them tbh. That said, I'm no fan of the 'joker' being a thing. It's just encouraging drivers to breach limits knowing the first time won't come with a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

who was it that overtook someone then ran wide and off the track. he was given a penalty and only did it once. he gained an adventage so did bottas.
    at least investigate bottas and issue a warning . ignoring it shows haow biased the stewarding is.

look at roman/ magnison incident. racing incident.
    brasil ocon/max did the same but ocon got a huge penalty

your right the last half was boring

Presume you mean Romain/Hulk incident?
    First lap incidents tend to be treated a bit more leniently given the cars can be quite bunched together

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Presume you mean Romain/Hulk incident?
    First lap incidents tend to be treated a bit more leniently given the cars can be quite bunched together

sorry your right hulkenberg

Advertisement