Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2019 Japan Travel etc...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

My missus managed to get 4 * Winner A v Loser B QF tickets Cat B.

I got nowt. Madness.

Hoping to hear back from everyone this morning in the group to start doing the switching around.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,696 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Do you only get an email if you're successful? 8810 in the queue to log in here..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Eod100 wrote: »
    Do you only get an email if you're successful? 8810 in the queue to log in here..

I have no idea. I think they have limited capacity on the emails as well because some people got theirs early this morning and I only got mine half an hour ago.

troyzer wrote: »
    I have no idea. I think they have limited capacity on the emails as well because some people got theirs early this morning and I only got mine half an hour ago.

Ah cheers. I just got an email about the general sales ballot so dunno is that a bad sign..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I believe so

• Advertisement

Just got an email there. 5 Cat B semi final tickets. Friend got 5 qf tickets. Waiting on one more friend's result. 3 of us applied for 1/2 pool games each but got none of those. Did well enough though!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Applied for plenty, got one. France v Argentina group game (Cat C).

• Registered Users Posts: 35 rushrovers

Chris871 wrote: »
    Only got Scotland and Samoa games. (First and last group game) so not great! ��

If you want to get rid of the Samoa tickets, I'll happily take them.
    Also if anyone wants to get rid of Ireland-Japan, I'll take them too!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It'll take a while to send out the thousands of emails.

I logged in with no issue a half hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Thank you for taking part in the Rugby World Cup 2019 ticket ballots. To show our appreciation and to give you the best chance of being part of this once in a lifetime tournament, we invite you to take part in an exclusive ticket purchase opportunity before first-come-first-served general ticket sales begin.
    This special opportunity will run for a limited time and is open exclusively to ticket ballot participants who were unsuccessful in securing their desired tickets. It will take place directly before first-come-first-served general ticket sales begin on 19 January 2019.

Sales Period:
    From 20:19 (JST) Tuesday, 15 January 2019 to 23:59 (JST) Thursday, 17 January 2019
    * Japan Standard Time (JST)

Eligibility:
    To be eligible you must have:
    1) Applied for tickets during any of the previous ticket ballot sales phases.
    2) Been unsuccessful in securing either some, or all of the tickets you applied for.

* If you secured all of the tickets you applied for in the ballot sales phases you will not be eligible to take part.

Purchase tickets at:
    Rugby World Cup Japan 2019 Official Ticketing Site
    tickets.rugbyworldcup.com
    * If you are eligible, log in to your account to purchase tickets!

Notes:
    * Unlike previous ticket ballot sales phases where applicants applied for tickets over the course of the ballot period, tickets in this sales phase will be sold real-time, on a first-come-first-serve basis from 20:19 (JST) on Tuesday 15 January 2019.

* Demand for tickets has been unprecedented across all ballot phases. As a result, only a very limited number of tickets may be available for the most popular matches. To have the best chance of securing RWC 2019 tickets, opt for matches with higher ticket availability. This is clearly shown in the ticket availability indicator for each match.

* During 2019 there will be further opportunities to purchase RWC 2019 tickets as new ticket inventory becomes available. These tickets will be a mixture of seats released from ongoing venue planning and configuration, handbacks from the tournament's commercial programme and unions, and tickets that have been registered for official resale by fans who can no longer attend matches. Details will be released in advance of sale.

* Tickets can also be purchased as part of an official Supporter Tour, or as part of a Rugby World Cup 2019 Hospitality Package. Find your Official Travel Agent (OTA) through www.rugbyworldcup.com/supportertours or check out the various hospitality options at www.rugbyworldcup.com/hospitality.

* To avoid being let down, always buy your RWC 2019 tickets through official channels. For more details visit www.rugbyworldcup.com/buy-official.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Just got an email there. 5 Cat B semi final tickets. Friend got 5 qf tickets. Waiting on one more friend's result. 3 of us applied for 1/2 pool games each but got none of those. Did well enough though!

My hopes are raised again somewhat so

No email yet and waiting to hear about SF

Did everyone else just get a category as opposed to section and seat numbers? Or find out after payment I guess?

Did everyone else just get a category as opposed to section and seat numbers? Or find out after payment I guess?

You won't get a section and seat number until next year.

You won't get a section and seat number until next year.

Is that after the general sale?

Is that after the general sale?

Yeah. Anything regarding specifics like delivery dates, resale website, exact seat number etc has all been set for next year. Probably late spring/early summer.

Yeah. Anything regarding specifics like delivery dates, resale website, exact seat number etc has all been set for next year. Probably late spring/early summer.

Ah makes sense, guess people who were allocated tickets now might not take them up so can only finalise that stuff after general sales.

Ah makes sense, guess people who were allocated tickets now might not take them up so can only finalise that stuff after general sales.

Something like that. I have to say though, the seat category I have semi final tickets is in massive. I paid a lot for those tickets but some of the areas in that category are significantly better than areas.

Yokohama is an athletics stadium and I have a corner ticket which can be anywhere up to 200 metres from the other side of the pitch. It's not a great stadium and I'll be fairly miffed if I have crap tickets for the same high price as someone with good tickets.

Something like that. I have to say though, the seat category I have semi final tickets is in massive. I paid a lot for those tickets but some of the areas in that category are significantly better than areas.

Yokohama is an athletics stadium and I have a corner ticket which can be anywhere up to 200 metres from the other side of the pitch. It's not a great stadium and I'll be fairly miffed if I have crap tickets for the same high price as someone with good tickets.

Yeah my sf tickets are close to 400e each so they'd want to be decent for that price..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

I ended up with tickets for Scotland, Russia, Winners QF and Bronze Final. Don't think I'll bother taking them up

Yeah my sf tickets are close to 400e each so they'd want to be decent for that price..!

NISSANSTADIUM20080608.JPG

This is the view from halfway up the corner, it's not great.

Very expensive for a poor stadium. Still, all will be forgotten if Ireland get there and we win.

Are you going to go anyway if Ireland get knocked out before?

• Advertisement

NISSANSTADIUM20080608.JPG

This is the view from halfway up the corner, it's not great.

Very expensive for a poor stadium. Still, all will be forgotten if Ireland get there and we win.

Are you going to go anyway if Ireland get knocked out before?

Ah yeah, I'd be going for the qf and semi. Hopefully they make it but will be there anyways. Guess with last WC, you could chance waiting and see how they get on. Not really an option for flying to Japan!

Ah yeah, I'd be going for the qf and semi. Hopefully they make it but will be there anyways. Guess with last WC, you could chance waiting and see how they get on. Not really an option for flying to Japan!

We're planning the holiday anyway. I'd rather have €800 in my back pocket if they don't get there than watch South Africa Vs England or whatever the matchup is.

But that's just me, I'm not on big money.

We're planning the holiday anyway. I'd rather have €800 in my back pocket if they don't get there than watch South Africa Vs England or whatever the matchup is.

But that's just me, I'm not on big money.

Yeah I get that. Just seems like if I pass them up now, they won't be there when if I want them so worth taking the risk I think.

Yeah I get that. Just seems like if I pass them up now, they won't be there when if I want them so worth taking the risk I think.

That's what I mean though, you might as well take the risk.

I'm just wondering if afte paying for the tickets, flights etc and already being there would you rather go to the matches anyway without Ireland or would you try to flip them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

So dissapointed. I have done two ballots for 6 tickets with accepting cascading tickets and booking with MasterCard. Lost every ticket on both ballots. I guess I won't be going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

So I did not get anything end which was annoying to say the least, had been hoping for Scotland Ireland tickets!Never received an email either, had to spend time in the queue to find out. I will hopefully get something in the general sale for those of us that entered ballots.

So dissapointed. I have done two ballots for 6 tickets with accepting cascading tickets and booking with MasterCard. Lost every ticket on both ballots. I guess I won't be going.
    So I did not get anything end which was annoying to say the least, had been hoping for Scotland Ireland tickets!Never received an email either, had to spend time in the queue to find out. I will hopefully get something in the general sale for those of us that entered ballots.

Dunno if its any good to ye but there's a presale access to general sales for anyone who missed out on the ballot. I think someone posted it here already but if not I can copy and paste email on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

I ended up with tickets for Scotland, Russia, Winners QF and Bronze Final. Don't think I'll bother taking them up

If you do take them up but dont want them all id take the Winners QF off you, as will be heading over anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

bigslick wrote: »
    If you do take them up but dont want them all id take the Winners QF off you, as will be heading over anyway.

Yeah I was about to ask this, can I take the Scotland tickets? Or is the security tight on these. Apologies if it has been missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 aahern

Hi folks, new to the thread. I had no luck in this ballot round but was successful in the priority round. I have 3 extra Semi-Final 2 tickets. Wonder would anyone be interested in swapping for 3 Quarter Final Q4 tickets?

Advertisement