Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THE GPA

• 15-11-2018 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

We need to talk about this "group" and how they are funded and what they spend the money on.

No GAA organisation has ever been as secretive about its spending

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

https://www.gaelicplayers.com/Portals/0/Publications/GPA%20ANNUAL%20REPORT.pdf

Page 27.

Maybe try UFOs. I recommend Roswell if you like conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dollar bill

https://www.gaelicplayers.com/Portals/0/Publications/GPA%20ANNUAL%20REPORT.pdf

Page 27.

Maybe try UFOs. I recommend Roswell if you like conspiracy theories.

Them accounts prove nothing

12 Staff taking home that ludicrous salary is the first red herring.

No mention of what fee's it pays the third party company who runs the "helpline"

Not an ounce of information on the fee's to the "consultancy" firm who runs their "leadership" programme

How about the private company who run the fundraisers in the U.S

Little said about the "finders fee" the GPA paid Paul Flynns ex employers when they recommended him for the CEO gig.

I have no doubt they do good work but they are ridiculously over funded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

It was blatant pay off to get GPA inside the tent. Nothing less.

Don't really object as it beats listening to strike threats. Whole thing is in my opinion part of the marketing agencies ploy to have big names on their books.

And what part of "player welfare" would possibly have justified flying Paul Flynn to a makey uphurling match in Boston!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭thesultan

Ate they ever spoke on club fixtures? No its money for the elite. No promotion? Can they pay for coaches to go coach in weaker counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dollar bill

Wonder how the GPA will act on these proposed rule changes when the players seem quite unhappy with them

• Advertisement
Advertisement