Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solar Panels (PV) with IWA warranty

• 22-11-2018 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hello, we had a rep at our house today who gave us a quote on installing above panels (13 in number). Also included was 2 batteries/inverter and install costs. Company is well known and I am not sure should I name them but met another rep they had at Woodies on exiting their store before today!! Got a price for all the above of nearly 20 grand but was expecting maybe a price of 4, 5 or 6 grand! Def wasn't going to pay that for a couple of panels, etc.
    Then rep spoke of 3800 grant, and then lo and behold a 'subsidy' (had one or two left) which brought it price down to 11,500 (big drop!) and also a Black Friday offer of 250 euro hotel voucher!
    Looking for your opinion/adviceand or thoughts on this. Thanks.
    I'll finish by saying he seemed very disappointed that we didn't go for it there and then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭dathi

lots of threads on here about them they started in solar thermal and now doing same with pv dont understand how people still fall for the"We will give you a discount if we nail our sign to your house/first in area". con plenty of other suppliers out there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,068 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Two words.... walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Camdec wrote: »
    Hello, we had a rep at our house today who gave us a quote on installing above panels (13 in number). Also included was 2 batteries/inverter and install costs. Company is well known and I am not sure should I name them but met another rep they had at Woodies on exiting their store before today!! Got a price for all the above of nearly 20 grand but was expecting maybe a price of 4, 5 or 6 grand! Def wasn't going to pay that for a couple of panels, etc.
    Then rep spoke of 3800 grant, and then lo and behold a 'subsidy' (had one or two left) which brought it price down to 11,500 (big drop!) and also a Black Friday offer of 250 euro hotel voucher!
    I'll finish by saying he seemed very disappointed that we didn't go for it there and then.

Rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭randombar

Camdec wrote: »

Had them out too. Wanted my wife to be there for the meeting too. 14k after grant. Crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 64,702 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Sorry to see those rip-off merchants are still around. Obviously they have enough people handing them their money :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

KCross wrote: »
    Two words.... walk away.

Run away.

They prey on vulnerable and unimformed. The system they quoted is less than 6k after grant. It's a pity we cannot name them. You just know that they have no shame and have ripped people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Camdec

dathi wrote: »
    lots of threads on here about them they started in solar thermal and now doing same with pv dont understand how people still fall for the"We will give you a discount if we nail our sign to your house/first in area". con plenty of other suppliers out there

No, we didn't fall for it! As I said the price dropped from 20 grand down to 11 grand, in less than a minute! But we saw through the con straight away. Thanks for your reply

Advertisement