Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder's Arse - Ignorance or Bliss?

Options
  • 19-11-2018 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭

While at a local Christmas fair yesterday, I was confronted by a fairly severe case on builder's arse when one of the stall holders went to retrieve an item from a crate on the ground.

Although, mostly a male issue, it's not exclusively so. Last week at my child's indoor soccer match, one of the soccer-moms was providing most of the spectators with at least 3-4 inches of arse-crack display every time she crouched down on her hunkers - which was often.

I've often wondered if the Builder's Arse Brigade are unaware or simple unconcerned with their public displays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

You're no crack OP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

It begs the question - Do they have underwear on?!?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

To the tune of "A Woman's Heart":

Me arse is low,
    Me arse is so low.
    As only a builder's arse can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,689 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Or deliberate display. I used to work with a woman who did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

As a man who has permanant builders arse syndrome I am well aware of it. Sometimes I have to bend down and folk will get an eyefull. Such is life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Builder's Bottom: a well-known ailment. You never know when this syndrome will strike.

The vital precaution is to make sure of fresh, clean underwear. Preferably white or blue, NOT grey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Nice bit of an aul arse crack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

This lad in a cafe in Liffey Valley had a severe case of builders arse to, never seen such a thing when being made a cup of coffee.. He bent down to get the cups or something and jaysus! It turned me off my coffee knowing someone practically mooned me when preparing my coffee. This was recently to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I was with my kids one day and saw a case of builder's arse, my kids noticed it too and looked at me while stifling laughs and sniggers. I decided to be a cool Dad and quip "What's the crack?! Wink wink!". They burst in to hysterics with no subtlety whatsoever giving the game away completely.

Now every time we encounter a builder's arse I regret that day because they point and loudly shout "look Dad, what's the crack!" laughing their heads off and I have to scuttle off with a big beetroot head on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Don't stop there ffs.... showing customers her arse? her work colleagues? just you? who? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

As a man who has permanant builders arse syndrome I am well aware of it. Sometimes I have to bend down and folk will get an eyefull. Such is life.

Why don't you just buy yourself a pair of properly fit trousers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Why don't you just buy yourself a pair of properly fit trousers?

Or a belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Is it just me, or are you compelled to look at it when you know it is going happen. Like above, the guy in Liffey Cafe, it's really hard to stop yourself looking even though it's so gross. There's something curious about the human condition that makes us look at these types of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Cordell

Plumber's cleavage.
    It's like a fat one topless on the beach - you know you shouldn't look but you cannot stop yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is why belts were designed for clothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Surely it's not too difficult to ensure, through sensible choice of clothing, that half of one's backside won't be revealed when bending or squatting - particularly if one is engaged in activity which will frequently necessitate assuming such a position.

I suspect many offenders get a sexual thrill out of "accidentally" exposing their buttocks to others in this way, comparable to those who expose their genitals. They're "Arse-Flashers"!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

RobertKK wrote: »
    This is why belts were designed for clothing...

Trousers have loops for belts though.. I would debate that clothes were designed for belts, not belts for clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Bring
    Back
    Braces

R94qGdD.jpg

(It's the only way to be sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Pictures or it never happened :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

A man in work is constantly showing his arse off to everyone. He's like an over grown baby. The funny thing is that he wears a belt and has his trouser hanging over him and is constantly pulling them up when he walks. He is right in my line of vision from my desk and when he stands up 30% of the time his arse is on full display with the jeans tucked under his cheeks likes on the cover of FHM or something. Its like looking into a black hole. Its vile. People in the office have said to him as well as my self on multiple occasions and he has complained about people calling him out on it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Its like looking into a back hole.

That's exactly what it is! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

On a hot guy its really sexy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Surely it's not too difficult to ensure, through sensible choice of clothing, that half of one's backside won't be revealed when bending or squatting - particularly if one is engaged in activity which will frequently necessitate assuming such a position.

I suspect many offenders get a sexual thrill out of "accidentally" exposing their buttocks to others in this way, comparable to those who expose their genitals. They're "Arse-Flashers"!

All the better when it shows a thong. Careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

A man in work is constantly showing his arse off to everyone. He's like an over grown baby. The funny thing is that he wears a belt and has his trouser hanging over him and is constantly pulling them up when he walks. He is right in my line of vision from my desk and when he stands up 30% of the time his arse is on full display with the jeans tucked under his cheeks likes on the cover of FHM or something. Its like looking into a back hole. Its vile. People in the office have said to him as well as my self on multiple occasions and he has complained about people calling him out on it. :rolleyes:
    I have a similar colleague, a larger gent with a fair old belly (not that I'm one to talk). His usual dress code is baggy dad jeans. Unfortunately, he has the seat right beside my path to the loo or for coffee, and his crack is obviously visible on every trip.

Should I say something?

That's exactly what it is! ;)

meant black hole :p

I have a similar colleague, a larger gent with a fair old belly (not that I'm one to talk). His usual dress code is baggy dad jeans. Unfortunately, he has the seat right beside my path to the loo or for coffee, and his crack is obviously visible on every trip.

Should I say something?

Depends on what your company is like regarding confrontation as you dont know how most will react in the work place. First , I would say it in a civil manner and in the nicest way possible and take it from there, they might not realise this. With my situation, I did the above and he continued to do it. My work has an acceptable dress code policy (or something) I brought it to my bosses attention and it turned out that I wasn't the only one that had an issue with it. The other just never bothered to try resolve directly with crater-hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had a colleague like this. In the canteen, if he was sitting with his back turned to me on the bench in front of me I would get a full view of his hairy crack and ample cheeks. One time I inadvertently walked in on him as he was sitting on the bog. All I saw was these hairy legs and a hand coming forward to shut the cubicle door. I've heard of exhibitionists who get a thrill from this behaviour so I'm assuming he was one.

On the other hand though, being an ass man myself I love it when someone I fancy accidentally shows a little bit of crack when they bend down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭LeBash

Ahhh showing the auld vertical smile is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RiseitekiMind

I'm not ashamed to say as a young lad I always liked catching a glimpse of my female colleagues cracks. It was like as if the rarer and more risque cleavage. Also helps iv always been an ass man. Boobs are grand but there's nothing like a good arse :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Isn't builder's crack what the social media crowd call manspreading?

Advertisement