Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spice Girls - Croke Park - May 24th 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

• 16-11-2018 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 27 Discokiiid

24th May, first date of tour is in Dublin!!!!

Tickets on sale 22nd November

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The plan on Ticketmaster is currently just general pitch standing, but there should be Spice Circle Premium Standing (that's what they're calling it) appearing before the onsale date.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

Does anyone know of anyway to get early access? This will probably sell out very quickly going by the way the UK dates went.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Does anyone know of anyway to get early access? This will probably sell out very quickly going by the way the UK dates went.

Can't see anything about a pre sale yet, I don't think the UK had a presale.

I think someone mentioned a possible 2nd date if demand is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Demand will be there as loads will come over from UK who didn't get tickets.
    Hotel prices will soar.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

how much are tickets likely to be?

make an ideal Christmas pressie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Demand will be there as loads will come over from UK who didn't get tickets.
    Hotel prices will soar.

No way this sells out Croke park. Tickets still available for 2 dates in Manchester / Cardiff didn't sell much today and thats me just having a quick look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Seve OB wrote: »
    how much are tickets likely to be?

make an ideal Christmas pressie

60 girl powers and a couple zig a zig ahs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

MCD website has [EXTRA DATE] after Croke Park, so guess Friday and Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

There are loads of tickets left for the UK gigs,they have held back a huge amount to push VIP/platinum sales.
    Ticketmaster are in cahoots with them with their propaganda
    Ticketmaster UK’s MD Andrew Parsons said demand for Spice Girls was off the chart. They have smashed through Ticketmaster UK’s records becoming the busiest ever sale. There were millions of people on our site searching for tickets, with a queue at one point of well over 700,000....from what we saw, they could have played nearly every night for a year.

Every night for a year really ,and they havent even sold out 10 gigs yet .

People will be giving these tickets away next summer for cents on the euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is that not just referring to the new sets of dates on the Tour?

3 Croke Park shows already planned including this date, so they’ll want to be careful before adding a forth!

Am very open to being corrected :o

• Advertisement

The poster and video says "Only Irish date" so probably just the one show.

The poster and video says "Only Irish date" so probably just the one show.

On a Friday ?
    Two day gap to Cardiff so they can easily add a second night but it would be a big risk.

Zardoz wrote: »
    On a Friday ?
    Two day gap to Cardiff so they can easily add a second night but it would be a big risk.

Yeah I don't know why they didn't just do the Saturday if it's only 1. I guess the Saturday is reserved if demand is there.

No way this sells out Croke park. Tickets still available for 2 dates in Manchester / Cardiff didn't sell much today and thats me just having a quick look.

Would disagree.
    Population of ROI 4.8 million, NI another 1.9 million for 1 concert (currently)
    of 80,000.

With Westlife already doing 2 concerts and only "3" allowed, if they go for a 4th concert (2nd Spice Girls), could see lot of objections from the residents around Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

boyznoise wrote: »
    No way this sells out Croke park.
    so what % do you think will sell? 60%?

tickets are from €59.50, there will be 6.85 on that as fees.

Think talyor swift was twice that, but she was far from selling out, though it was fairly full. I know a guy in a football club that got over 200 free tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Smitherines

How much do people think standing tickets will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I'd be surprised if you see much change from €90.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

Would disagree.
    Population of ROI 4.8 million, NI another 1.9 million for 1 concert (currently)
    of 80,000.

With Westlife already doing 2 concerts and only "3" allowed, if they go for a 4th concert (2nd Spice Girls), could see lot of objections from the residents around Croker.

Judging by demand in UK, home country/most popularity and some nights far from being sold out. What makes you think this will be an instant sell out and that there will be demand for second night which will sell out too? These tickets will be given away for free in 10-20s this time next year to GAA clubs, schools, radio stations etc for the 1 night they fail to sell out. Don't be fooled by TM making tickets unavailable the first week etc to push platinum and VIP and then a miraculous production hold drop from the heavens.

Don't think they would sell out a 2nd concert tbh but do think they will sell out the 1.
    Do agree about T/M holding tickets back to make it look like it is sold out and then people panic and start to buy VIP/Platinum tickets at absurd prices.

I see a UK gig with £60.50 seated and £77 standing. Irelands cheapest is 59.50, so likely to be 75-79euro going by that. plus 6.85 on top.

The rolling stones standing were 77 including the 6,85. Those struggled to sell so they will hopefully have learned their lesson, if the UK gigs are struggling a lot they will also know they cannot get away with it anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I thought a work colleague was taking the p*ss when I heard the Spices were playing Croker.

Geri Halliwell cancelled a date at the Point a few years back due to poor sales.

What makes them so confident as to demand?

Geri Halliwell cancelled a date at the Point a few years back due to poor sales.
    I can't find the price they were asking, it was 2005. It does not surprise me she could not sell out the point back then (or ever). I would be far more surprised if croke park is cancelled due to poor sales.

Her on her own is nothing compared to what the group could pull in. Westlife are doing 2 nights in croke park this year, Brian McFadden was playing whelans this month for 23euro.

This selling out will come down to price. There seems to be lots of interest on the MCD facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I thought a work colleague was taking the p*ss when I heard the Spices were playing Croker.

They have sold an incredible amount of tickets in the UK. The demand is there, no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It's not The Spice Girls without Victoria!

Not going.

It doesn't look like there will be a pre sale. Not sure why they do that for big gigs.

It doesn't look like there will be a pre sale.
    Not sure why they do that for big gigs.

+1

Also worth asking the question why T/M have it at 8 per person?
    Makes no sense to be allowed to buy that many tickets.

+1

Also worth asking the question why T/M have it at 8 per person?
    Makes no sense to be allowed to buy that many tickets.

What do TM care ,their job is to sell tickets .
    A 2nd date will be added if necessary.
    Tickets for this will be going for buttons next summer.

Not without permission it won't.
    2 Westlife and 1 Spice Girls = 3 concerts and that's the amount allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,338 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As a group they are popular, still a shame without Posh, even if they will probably lip sync mime :P

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Their poster said "only Irish date". Not that that is set in stone, but my money would be on 1 date.

https://www.facebook.com/mcd.productions/posts/10157005877234548

Advertisement