Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer at underage for GAA

Options
  • 14-11-2018 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just looking for a bit of advice or direction.

My son first registered for a GAA club where he attended national school. The reason to register him at this club was so he could play football with his school friends. Its a small club struggling with numbers at all grades.

Now after 7 years of playing with this club no teams exist for him at U13 level upwards. My home club that I played with and I'm still a member of is where I want him to go. He also wants to transfer to them now that he has finished in national school and heading for secondary school. Can he transfer under "father rule". Also I've been told he can tog out for whoever he wants since he has not played any competitive U13 football. Not sure on this though. Whats the deadline for transfers? Can he be refused a full transfer? Permission slips is something we are not interested in. Any information on the process appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

If he played an official U13 game then he has to get a transfer
    The current club can object

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dorchul30

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    If he played an official U13 game then he has to get a transfer
    The current club can object

OK thanks.. He has played zero games at U13. He has just finished playing U11 this year.

no transfer needed then afaik
    you just join the new club
    I'd inform the other club out of courtesy

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

Just bring him to the new club. Don't worry about transfers. Maybe let the current club know out of courtesy but at the end of the day he's your child so do what's best for you.

My club at home doesn't have a ladies/girls set up. My sister was playing soccer for a team and the GAA coaches came down to ask if any girls would play GAA. Of course she went off to play with her friends but we got a letter and txts off the nearest club saying she should be playing with them and they'd be going to the county board etc etc. My mam basically replied saying F off and we never heard another thing about it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

If no team exists for him from U13 up, then there may be no need to transfer at all. In wexford, there is a term "isolated player" for players who may not have an age group to play in for their team. This leaves them free as an exemption to play for a neighbouring club but without having to transfer. It means the player can stay with his "home" club but play elsewhere so at least they can stay within the club and play when teams are there and when they get to adult level.

Just might be another option for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 davmur

Hi guys. Just joined this forum so forguve me. My 10 year old was in an amalgamated team which has split up. He is registered with team A who have no team now for his age group. He wants to continue playing with team B who are his freinds and have a team, they provided most of the amalgamated team. I thought under rule 6.4 he didn’t need a transfer as he hasn’t played under12 grade yet. Now I’m told it’s a grey area. Can anyone help me out. He will probably give up hurling if he can’t transfer. Thanks

davmur wrote: »
    Hi guys. Just joined this forum so forguve me. My 10 year old was in an amalgamated team which has split up. He is registered with team A who have no team now for his age group. He wants to continue playing with team B who are his freinds and have a team, they provided most of the amalgamated team. I thought under rule 6.4 he didn’t need a transfer as he hasn’t played under12 grade yet. Now I’m told it’s a grey area. Can anyone help me out. He will probably give up hurling if he can’t transfer. Thanks
    No transfer needed, unless there is a strict parish rule in place
    Just bring him to the other club

Advertisement