Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Christmas Present Would You Like To Get This Year?

Options
  • 30-09-2018 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭

With so much choice around this Christmas i'm wondering what new items that might be on the market would you like to get as a Christms present this year?
    I wonder will someone come up with some new and exciting gadgets, games you do not have at the moment but would love to have. Or maybe something simple like board games or books. It will be Interesting to see what you come up with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Only thing on my list so far is the new Anthony Beevor book based on the war in Vietnam. Have asked the Mrs to get me that. Only thing I can think of at present TBH.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bar winning the euro millions, even though not doing the bloody thing, and apart from all the obvious ones, 'peace', 'such and such yada yada children's hospital' I completely, selfishly just don't want to be busy this Christmas. I have Christmas day off and Stephen's and I am lucky that way but I don't want to be stressing or on the phone for those two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

If I were being really honest I’d love a Nintendo Switch.

But I’ve been thinking about it since I saw this last night. That’s about all I want. I’m lucky that there’s not much I want for (oh of course if I had the money I’d love loads of fancy tech and a new Telly and all that but we don’t NEED it).

That’s quite a nice realization.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Same as every year - socks.

I hate buying them, so the gift is more than just the socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

Oh yeah and socks, not thick ones, really thin ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

I'm due a new pair of slippers and socks. I can expect to see them under the tree on Christmas morning. Ba Hum Bug.

My daughter has told me she has bought my present. I can't wait to see what it is.
    Trying not to get too excited in case it's a new pyjamas, socks or a hot water bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I would love to get some cachemire gloves. I have lost so many gloves down the years, so new pairs are always welcome. And cachemire makes a everyday item a little luxury.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

A house.

But on a more realistic level, an iPad so I can use the Jigidi app to do jigsaws in bed.

Or even more realistically, there's a nice clarins perfume I've had my eye on for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Toots wrote: »
    A house.

But on a more realistic level, an iPad so I can use the Jigidi app to do jigsaws in bed.

Or even more realistically, there's a nice clarins perfume I've had my eye on for a while.

I love Jigidi!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    I love Jigidi!!

Ooooh I love jigsaws. Time to download this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I would like any of the following, listed in order of likelihood from "not a hope" to "definite, probably already sitting in a wardrobe " new phone, good camera, some goodies from bia beauty, books, pyjamas, slippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Apple Watch 4.

I'm hoping to get a Leeds United home jersey or tickets to see Leeds play at Elland Road not asking for much am I.
    What I'm hoping for and what I get on Christms morning will more than likely be two completely different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

A Kipling bag. Need a new shoulder bag, bit of a cash recession going on in our house. Can't really afford a Kip but....Santa, are you reading this thread?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Deviso

Books on Business and Personal Development.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

As family, we ask for what we want (within in reason!)So, from the all the in-laws together:Clinique Happy perfume, body cream and body wash and one house gives us a book voucher. From me to me, will probably be a new rug for my horse (woulsn't dream of spending that kind of money on a coat for myself!) and from my OH, I will get a voucher for my favourite clothes shop and a small surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I would love a cosy robe, fluffy socks, Harry Potter pjs and slippers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Fluffy robe,slippers and a nice shower gel.

But if money was no object,i would really love a new tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Lynx Africa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Pretty sure I'm getting some bright (bordering on obnoxious, which is how I like em) good quality socks & man perfume.
    I'd really love a new bike to take all the effort out of deciding on one myself, but that's unlikely, and always open to another watch.

Would like to get a Switch just to give it a go, but not sure I'd have any time to make use of it, other than that I don't know really.

Any ladies feel like adding some ideas, I'm seriously stuck for my wife this year. I'm just blank. Feel like I've done enough jewellery in the last while (and can't afford eternity ring that she'd like this year). It might just turn into a raid of Dundrum for lots of small things, PJ's, socks, diary/notebook etc. Would love to get her membership, or subscription to something for the year, but no clue what.
    Or maybe a family photo shoot...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Stability and maybe some love.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Any ladies feel like adding some ideas, I'm seriously stuck for my wife this year. I'm just blank. Feel like I've done enough jewellery in the last while (and can't afford eternity ring that she'd like this year). It might just turn into a raid of Dundrum for lots of small things, PJ's, socks, diary/notebook etc. Would love to get her membership, or subscription to something for the year, but no clue what.
    Or maybe a family photo shoot...?

What are her interests? Cooking? Music? Running? I always find the best presents when I really consider a person's interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

northgirl wrote: »
    Stability and maybe some love.

hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

What are her interests? Cooking? Music? Running? I always find the best presents when I really consider a person's interests.

Part of the problem is that both of our lives are really all about the kids at the moment, there's not a lot of hobby time. Stuff for the house and kids, although practical at the moment, are just crap presents.

She has been trying to get into running, and I have been trying to think of something for that. I'm sure I'll figure it out

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Part of the problem is that both of our lives are really all about the kids at the moment, there's not a lot of hobby time. Stuff for the house and kids, although practical at the moment, are just crap presents.

She has been trying to get into running, and I have been trying to think of something for that. I'm sure I'll figure it out

Maybe some new running gear - leggings, tops, a jacket, earphones, those yokes to hold your phone in on your arm, new running shoes?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm still thinking about what I'd like for Christmas this year to write my letter to Santa :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Playstation classic <3

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

natashaob6 wrote: »
    With so much choice around this Christmas i'm wondering what new items that might be on the market would you like to get as a Christms present this year?
    I wonder will someone come up with some new and exciting gadgets, games you do not have at the moment but would love to have. Or maybe something simple like board games or books. It will be Interesting to see what you come up with.

I don't really mind what you get me to be honest, just don't spend over 500 quid on me.....anything beyond that is excessive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm hoping for a pair of Dr.Martens.
    Fingers crossed now!

Advertisement