Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Hope you guys managed to sleep.

TA at the prospect of another day that'll drag on, and haven't had enough sleep myself.

A child misbehaved yesterday, and now I've to go full on investigation to deal with it today. Tis all down to bad parenting and I know that whatever I do will not be enough to create change (child goes home = everything undone).

TA at bad parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Awake on early train to work, shattered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

On the way to school. Also shattered.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    The mileage on my car is at 112,354 and I'm TA I didn't notice when it was 112,345

I am still annoyed i missed 80085 a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Ta that I slept so well and am in such good form while everyone else seem in such bad form. Even the cattle are grumpy this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at having to get up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA'd I can hardly walk after dance class Monday night. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

First porridge of the season made it a bit too thick, oh well will take a few days to get the measure right, tomorrow's another day

Seven Worlds will Collide

TA'd I've totally gone off porridge and it's really porridge weather..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The breakfast of the gods :cool:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Trying to wake up in the mornings. I don't know how some people can be so chirpy in the morning. Also, nightclub music on the radio in the morning, well it is a station aimed at teenagers. Swift change to Newstalk or Radio 1, volume very low.
    People giving out about the weather, is it really a surprise to you that it gets colder and darker at this time of year? It's only rain, if you had the right coat on you wouldn't be wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

When Facebook have a birthday reminder for someone who died a few months ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Could whoever stole my Mojo please return it.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The search function in Outlook isn't returning everything, the bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,167 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

When Facebook have a birthday reminder for someone who died a few months ago :(

I got a friend suggestion on FB the other day. The person had died earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Getting emails from these Santa kingdom places, that's ok as I've kids but why do they want adults to pay €10 and more seeing as we have to go to supervise our kids who's tickets are on average €15 each.
    It's not as if we drop them off and collect them later.

Unwell- going home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When the till/cashier says thats 2.98 please and then hand you back 2 from a fiver.

Tell me its 3 euro and stop with this ****e please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,704 ✭✭✭donegal_man

SAMTALK wrote: »
    When the till/cashier says thats 2.98 please and then hand you back 2 from a fiver.

Tell me its 3 euro and stop with this ****e please

When I asked my sister in law who works for a major retail chain about this she said they have to tell you actual price as you're entitled to refuse to allow it to be rounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Boots Clubcard and their silly rules. Ya can't use your point towards an item of higher value, and they have other silly rules about it as well. I originally bought stuff off you and rightly earned the Points as per your brilliant idea of bringing in the Card system in the first place. So just let me use my goddamn points!

What was so annoying too was that I was so close to being able to getting something effectively for free off them! It was like a mere 40c higher than the points amount I had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Boots Clubcard and their silly rules. Ya can't use your point towards an item of higher value, and they have other silly rules about it as well. I originally bought stuff off you and rightly earned the Points as per your brilliant idea of bringing in the Card system in the first place. So just let me use my goddamn points!

I am sure I have used my points as part of a bill and paid the balance with cash ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

How lazy I've become. Really fcuking irritating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Immaturity :mad:

I really dislike being referred to as Lad! I am 38 not 18!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

That ad on the radio for the all new Toyota hybrid. Yer mans voice that says the savings you make on tax and insurance, sure that's the price of a holiday. Don't know what it is but it annoys the sh!te out of me. Also the Katie Taylor soundalike at the end saying people just want to know is there savings on fuel and of course there is.... ugh

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am sure I have used my points as part of a bill and paid the balance with cash ?

No you can only buy something exact value or less.

I love my boots card. I worked for a big retail company and their store card, which we had to practically force on people, was just a big scam imo. But with my boots card I don't touch the points until Christmas and there's always the price of a gift there or whatever bits I'm buying for my christmas night out at least. But it is a shame you can't put them towards something more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

northgirl wrote: »
    TA'd I can hardly walk after dance class Monday night. :rolleyes:

Yeah sure, ''dance class'', is that what the kids are calling it these days? :pac:

TA'd that my head feels like it's going to explode, stupid sinuses.

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Yeah sure, ''dance class'', is that what the kids are calling it these days? :pac:

TA'd that my head feels like it's going to explode, stupid sinuses.

Yep, this is one amazing class.

Not as amazing as what will happen if the "other class" works out :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Want to go for beers. Can't afford it.

Don't care. Bad day.

CONFLICTED!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

There is a trending hashtag on Twitter right now about the reprehensible decision to use a person's thong as defense in a rape case. Some people are tweeting pictures of their thongs in protest. I don't have a problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is someone tweeting a picture of their two white thongs absolutely covered in sh*t stains. Not something I want to see while eating my lunch. Absolutely revolting. Talk about lacking self awareness :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement