Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDLES Vicar Street 2nd of April 2019

• 07-11-2018 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Who's going?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

Yep, heading to this, a mate got me a ticket on the Spotify presale. Saw them in the Button Factory and it was killer so really looking forward to this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got tickets yesterday, can't wait!

Buttn Factory was gig of the year, really looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

maximoose wrote: »
    Got tickets yesterday, can't wait!

Buttn Factory was gig of the year, really looking forward to this

It was unbelievably good!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

If anyone has a spare presale code it would be greatly appreciated! Follow them on Spotify but obviously haven't streamed them enough to activate the code

RisingDamp wrote: »
    If anyone has a spare presale code it would be greatly appreciated! Follow them on Spotify but obviously haven't streamed them enough to activate the code

Presale allocation is gone as of yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭fillup

Just got 2 via TM app

Boooom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

In

Hadn't heard of these lads til a mate of mine who was at the Button Factory gig recommended them. Went home that evening gave them a listen then bought both albums the next day. Got tickets in the presale on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Brianjl

The button factory gig was unreal, got tickets for Dublin and Belfast, looks like Dublin is the only date not sold out yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Got tickets for Dublin. Can't wait, had a great time at the button factory gig - lightning in a bottle!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Looking forward to this!

• Advertisement

Low ticket warning!

And sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Great to see them back so soon. The Button Fac show is one of the best gigs I’ve seen this year from 40-odd shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

If it's half as good as the button factory it will be sensational

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

jaysis that sold out quick, wonder if they will play a second show....

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭fillup

Wooderson wrote: »
    Great to see them back so soon. The Button Fac show is one of the best gigs I’ve seen this year from 40-odd shows.

What was so odd about the 40 shows you saw this year?

quaidox wrote: »
    jaysis that sold out quick, wonder if they will play a second show....

They're flat out on this tour, London is the only place that got a second show. The UK and Belfast shows sold out even quicker than Dublin did

fillup wrote: »
    What was so odd about the 40 shows you saw this year?

Take a holiday chief ffs.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Toast

Bah. Managed to miss the tweets this was coming up. Seemed to have very little preannouncement (almost certainly why it want an instant sell out). How do the Spotify presales work? I've had them on enough I'd thought I'd get some notification?

Toast wrote: »
    Bah. Managed to miss the tweets this was coming up. Seemed to have very little preannouncement (almost certainly why it want an instant sell out). How do the Spotify presales work? I've had them on enough I'd thought I'd get some notification?

Do you follow them on Spotify?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Sound Cellar on Nassau St might have some tickets. I've got tickets in there before for gigs that were sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭adam240610

Damn, missed this. Saw them in belgium during the summer, one of the highlights of rock werchter. Of course they're already on viagogo for up to 120 euro each too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Toast

Do you follow them on Spotify?

Even though I've the albums saved apparently not. The disconnect between following bands and adding their various releases to your library was something I never understood about Spotify. I ran one of those follow all saved artists things a while back but must not have had Idles saved then. Must automate it.
    Billy Mays wrote: »
    Sound Cellar on Nassau St might have some tickets. I've got tickets in there before for gigs that were sold out

Thanks, I've often given people this same good advice. I'm in Prague at the moment so can't make it to Sound Cellar but on the upside I will see them tomorrow when they play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

adam240610 wrote: »
    Damn, missed this. Saw them in belgium during the summer, one of the highlights of rock werchter. Of course they're already on viagogo for up to 120 euro each too!

Don't panic. There were people selling tickets at the door of the Button Factory. Theres always tickets about week of the gig.

Even though I've the albums saved apparently not. The disconnect between following bands and adding their various releases to your library was something I never understood about Spotify. I ran one of those follow all saved artists things a while back but must not have had Idles saved then. Must automate it.

I don't know how the spotify presale works, I don't follow them but got the email.

The Nal wrote: »
    Don't panic. There were people selling tickets at the door of the Button Factory. Theres always tickets about week of the gig.

Hmmm.

Panic is never an option for something like a live show, and buying from touts and viagog is obviously nonsense. But getting a ticket for the Button Fac show was a mess - this gig very very different to the "always tickets knocking about" buzz you reference.

By some way the most in demand show I can remember in a while - very different to the majority of shows in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭selassie

Hmmm.

Panic is never an option for something like a live show, and buying from touts and viagog is obviously nonsense. But getting a ticket for the Button Fac show was a mess - this gig very very different to the "always tickets knocking about" buzz you reference.

By some way the most in demand show I can remember in a while - very different to the majority of shows in the city.
    ye I couldn't get a ticket on the day, never seen it like that before to be honest. Probably because the tickets were so cheap that people weren't bothered reselling and any ticket going was snapped up ASAP on toutless and twitter.

Twickets seems to be growing in popularity, another option to keep an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

selassie wrote: »
    ye I couldn't get a ticket on the day, never seen it like that before to be honest. Probably because the tickets were so cheap that people weren't bothered reselling and any ticket going was snapped up ASAP on toutless and twitter.

You could've gotten a ticket at the door at face value.

There won't be dozens of tickets of course but theres always a few about if you're on the ball. Toutless had a couple (you can set up alerts for when they're posted), peeps on social media had a few and there were defo 5 at the door when I strolled in 30 mins before they came on. Assume there were a few more sold earlier outside too.

In 25 years of going to gigs, I don't think I've ever not got a ticket for something I really wanted to go to, regardless of demand. Just need to be committed and vigilant.

• Advertisement

Some extra tickets released just now on TM

Advertisement