Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Ads 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

otnomart wrote: »
    Ahh, love the Heathrow ad !

Needs to come with a bloody health warning it’s so cute!! I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Loving the Heathrow ad it’s so darn cute
    Love the song to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Very Ad about the astronaut is good:

The nerd in me loves it and the fact that it shows a girl succeeding in STEM

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Very Ad about the astronaut is good:

https://youtu.be/U3I39nu2N5M

The nerd in me loves it and the fact that it shows a girl succeeding in STEM

Oh I love it! Thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I love the fox in the opening frames of the VISA ad - how did they film that? :-)

and the emphasis on small local business: all nice

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cadbury’s with theirs. I like the concept of the secret Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Loughc wrote: »
    Cadbury’s with theirs. I like the concept of the secret Santa.

That’s cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Very clever ad ideas by Visa and Cadburys!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Jude13

I just got a chance to watch these with the sound on:

Visa, Very and Tesco are good.

The argus one made me laugh when the elf robbed the sellotape.

The heathrow one, mother of god, Ive just checked in to a hotel in Kuwait after a flight here and knowing we can't make it home for Christmas made the room very dusty. I will write strongly worded letter saying you can have a good expat christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

My favourite this year so far is the Heathrow one. Being an Expat, for me Christmas is: Coming Home. And the Teddies, ahhh !

Lidl's I was disappointed; Tesco's I like, everyone can see something they relate to.

Cadbury's is very cute.

Visa's I like too, as I do support my local shops. Day Lewin, the Fox is a Pro as starred in the Guinness ad before !

UK ad this time. Sainsbury’s.

Also It was announced on This Morning that the John Lewis advert will come out this Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Sainsbury's ad is fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I like this one!

Loughc wrote: »
    UK ad this time. Sainsbury’s.

Oh my gosh, I love it! It's so cute! The kid dressed as the plug! :D:pac:

I rewinded the kid as the plug part several times his little running jump onto the socket was brilliant haha.

Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Very dissapointed with the M&S one. Now, granted I'm not a fan of Holly Willoughby as I find her very insincere but wasnt she the face of Very/Littlewoods/Some other online retailer? Strange choice se3ing as M&S are struggling with sales at the moment.

It also makes it look like she's shilling stuff like she does in ads and not an "Xmas concept advert" like previous versions.

• Advertisement

Amazon

That’s actually class.

IKEA

IKEA

I really like that!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The amazon and IKEA ones are great. Love the IKEA one especially. :D
    That's my favourite part of that ad. I went back to see the child plugging himself in, so funny!!

I love the Sainsbury ad !
    The behind the scenes/meet the stars video is also so cute !
    It's up there for me with the Heathrow ad for the ahhh factor.

Not mad on the M&S one, especially after last year's Mrs. Claus one which I loved.

For me the winner this year so far is the Heathrow Bears. Followed by the Sainsbury one, the only thing that slightly puts me off the Sainsbury ad is that I feel its too like the film Nativity and I feel like Ive seen it before (the plug bit makes it though :D) The Marks & Spencer one is brutal especially after the likes of the Paddigton Bear M&S ad this one is just completely forgettable. Have to say I dont really get the hype around Kevin the Carrott either, I did like the truck one but didnt like how in the next one it was just forgotten, I thought it would lead to more of a story.

John Lewis ad 2018, Tune in to ITV at 9.15pm tonight (Thursday, November 15), during Dark Heart, to see the ad play for the first time on television.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

I remember a few years back.... after a long Saturday putting up decorations inside and outside the house , including the tree , it was around ten at night , I opened a can of cold Guinness and sat on sofa , turned on TV and.just relaxed. A few mins later I heard a bong ... the Guinness Xmas as came on . Right then , Christmas started.

So every time I hear that first bong of Xmas , that's the sign Xmas is around the corner.

To me, the best Christmas Ad !

• Advertisement

Advertisement