Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 12 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

mectavba wrote: »
    Maddison & Hazard > Salah & Diangana worth it for a -4

If I don't get Salah in I only have MAne v Fulham at home, which just seems wrong!

Getting rid of hazard before Everton at home? Not for me and your gonna want him back in 2 weeks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Fabianski
    Mendy, Robertson, Alonso
    Salah, Hazard, Fraser, Richarlison
    Aguero, Arnie, Ings

Subs: Speroni, Gunnarsson, AWB, Kelly

Only .1 in bank. I have 2 transfers and don’t want to lose one.

Thoughts on Robertson to Gomez to free up 1.1?

Gomez has started one more game than TAA. Lads on Scoutcast were talking him up because he covers two positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

Any more news on richarlison?

Any more news on richarlison?

Pauly D reckons he heard he trained all week and was just given yesterday as a rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dempsey wrote: »
    Thinking of this 8 point hit

Maddison -> Mane
    Mitrovic -> Wilson
    Lacazette -> Arnie
    Boruc -> Hamer

Have Begovic & Fraser already

Want Liverpool cover, want Wilson despite alot of people getting burnt before with him. Dont want to give up Arsenal attacking cover but I think its worth it to cover the other 3 for one week at least. Might go for Ozil as a replacement down the line
    Hamer doesn’t play so who’s your other keeper?

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Leno Hamer
    AWB Robertson Mendy Zaba Bennet
    Salah Hazard Ricky Kenedy Hoijberg
    Kun Mitro Ings

3.5 itb I’d planed to use on De Bryne and 2 FT’s

Looking at Kenedy and Mitro out Arnie and Martial In

Could just 1 transfer and do Bilva in for Kennedy but Mitro seems a bigger worry and Martial and Arnie are bigger threats imo. Any ideas lads?

Any input from ye lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Was close to losing a FT a few days ago, now with Maddison and Richardson news/rumours, looking to make a move. Nobody else in the price range appeals so think I’ll upgrade a fwd instead and go 433...

Maddison/Ings - Brooks/Wilson

Little bit worried bout Bournemouth double. Brooks will be first sub most weeks. Other options in the mid are Delofeau and Diangana.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Any input from ye lads?

Team needs some Alonso. I'd do Mitro to Arnie and either Bennett or AWB to Alonso

manual_man wrote: »
    Team needs some Alonso. I'd do Mitro to Arnie and either Bennett or AWB to Alonso

I’m not sure I want that much tied up
    In defense and Chelsea’s next few aren’t they easy. Bit of food for thought tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

2FT:
    1) Mitro & Bednarek -> JimmyZ & Doherty

OR

2) Mitro -> Wilson

Bank FT again, already have Fraser. Not sure about that double up with Bournemouth's fixtures. Have also considered a newcastle def instead of Doherty so I'm not doubling up on Wolves with Jimenez, mainly looking at fernandez or going for Brighton with Dunk.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I’m not sure I want that much tied up
    In defense and Chelsea’s next few aren’t they easy. Bit of food for thought tho!

With the likes of Robertson, Alonso, Mendy and Trippier you nearly need to think of them as midfielders (except they return more points than nearly all mids in that price bracket). I think if you did you my suggested moves you'd have a little change to do Ings to Jiminez the following gameweek?

Your squad certainly isn't in terrible shape. But yeah Arnie and Alonso are the two that jump out at me most that are worth getting

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Any input from ye lads?
    I'm not in the Alonso camp either, for similar reasons

Though one that might be worth a punt is Anderson in midfield. West ham have great fixtures and he's lively - two double digit scores so far this season.

With the likes of Robertson, Alonso, Mendy and Trippier you nearly need to think of them as midfielders (except they return more points than nearly all mids in that price bracket). I think if you did you my suggested moves you'd have a little change to do Ings to Jiminez the following gameweek?

Your squad certainly isn't in terrible shape. But yeah Arnie and Alonso are the two that jump out at me most that are worth getting

Ignore their clean sheets for a second, do you think they are producing the returns that their price tag demands?

Robertson: 0 goals 2 assists - and they were in the first 4 GW's
    Mendy: 0 goals 6 assists - again only 1 since GW4
    Alonso: 1 goal and 7 assists - but again only 2 of these returns since GW 4(both assists)
    Tripper: 1 goal 4 assists - 3 of these since GW4 - so he's a little more consistent.

But if you had a striker or a midfield player of the same price tag with those returns you would get rid of them. There are cheaper alternatives at those teams that will also get you the Clean sheet points. VVD could have had 2/3 goals in the last GW and is 0.5m cheap than Robertson and is more nailed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lemlin wrote: »
    Fabianski
    Mendy, Robertson, Alonso
    Salah, Hazard, Fraser, Richarlison
    Aguero, Arnie, Ings

Subs: Speroni, Gunnarsson, AWB, Kelly

Only .1 in bank. I have 2 transfers and don’t want to lose one.

Thoughts on Robertson to Gomez to free up 1.1?

Gomez has started one more game than TAA. Lads on Scoutcast were talking him up because he covers two positions.

I'm in the same boat as you with not wanting to lose an ft. Would you get VVD instead? I like the security of starts he'd bring over Christmas and it would give some cash to maybe do Ings to Jimenez at some stage. Plus surely he's going to score soon! I think Robertson is the most dispensible of RAM, as pointed out he's only returned two assists and none recently. He is a bonus magnet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hamer doesn’t play so who’s your other keeper?

Begovic

Could go Begovic to premium gk?

I'm in the same boat as you with not wanting to lose an ft. Would you get VVD instead? I like the security of starts he'd bring over Christmas and it would give some cash to maybe do Ings to Jimenez at some stage. Plus surely he's going to score soon! I think Robertson is the most dispensible of RAM, as pointed out he's only returned two assists and none recently. He is a bonus magnet though.

I don't think VVD is worth the extra cash over Gomez or TAA. I would just like to hear opinions re which of those two people think is the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ignore their clean sheets for a second, do you think they are producing the returns that their price tag demands?

Alonso: 1 goal and 7 assists - but again only 2 of these returns since GW 4(both assists)
    Tripper: 1 goal 4 assists - 3 of these since GW4 - so he's a little more consistent.

But if you had a striker or a midfield player of the same price tag with those returns you would get rid of them. There are cheaper alternatives at those teams that will also get you the Clean sheet points. VVD could have had 2/3 goals in the last GW and is 0.5m cheap than Robertson and is more nailed on.
    That's like saying ignore the goals Aguero/Wilson got and they're not performing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That's like saying ignore the goals Aguero/Wilson got and they're not performing.
    It's not, the cheaper alternatives in those teams get the same clean sheet points as the premium guys whereas the strikers alone get their goal points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think VVD is worth the extra cash over Gomez or TAA. I would just like to hear opinions re which of those two people think is the best option?

TAA has not being playing well at all. It’s only a hunch, but I have a feeling that he may be seeing less game time over the next few weeks.

Gomez has zero attacking threat really. VVD had 3 great chances last week. He didn’t take any of them (and only has 1 goal since he joined) but he is still more likely to get attacking returns. VVD is also a guaranteed starter, there will always be a (currently slight) doubt over Gomez playing time.

I’d rank them VVD, Gomez, TAA.

If Gomez is going to be playing a lot at RB but with no attacking threat then Lovern will be pretty much nailed on at CB which, at his price, makes him a more attractive option than Gomez and arguably VvD too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    If Gomez is going to be playing a lot at RB but with no attacking threat then Lovern will be pretty much nailed on at CB which, at his price, makes him a more attractive option than Gomez and arguably VvD too.

Lovren has a habit of missing random games. I can see him and TAA splitting time, with Gomez the most likely of the 3 to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Pete_Cavan wrote:

Lovren won't be a regular until TAA or Gomez is injured. You're right in that he would be the best option if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    It's not, the cheaper alternatives in those teams get the same clean sheet points as the premium guys whereas the strikers alone get their goal points.

Three sheets apiece for TRAM since GW4.
    Compare that to the alternatives over the same period
    Duffy - 2
    Yedlin- 3
    Doherty - 3
    Steve Cook - 3
    Cedric - 2
    Chilwell - 2

Even Balbuena has one and they are only starting their good fixtures.

There’s a real blind spot here on RAM and I think it’s because people are comparing those 3 versus 3 cheap defenders when you actually have to compare them to 5 of which you’re picking 3 every week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Green&Red wrote: »
    Three sheets apiece for TRAM since GW4.
    Compare that to the alternatives over the same period
    Duffy - 2
    Yedlin- 3
    Doherty - 3
    Steve Cook - 3
    Cedric - 2
    Chilwell - 2

Even Balbuena has one and they are only starting their good fixtures.

There’s a real blind spot here on RAM and I think it’s because people are comparing those 3 versus 3 cheap defenders when you actually have to compare them to 5 of which you’re picking 3 every week

Mendy has 3 out of 4 clean sheets in that period. AWB would of stepped in with 2 & Bennett 1 in those 3 games missed so that’s 6 out of 7 for Mendy.

Alonso has 1 goal & 7 assists to add

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Ace2007 wrote: »

7mil alonso got more points this season than 11.4mil aguero so far.
    You just cant ignore that

Mike3549 wrote: »
    But if you didn't have Alonso for the first two weeks, which many didn't, then you missed out on a lot of his points.

Mike3549 wrote: »

I'm not ignoring it, my argument is that you pay a premium for these defenders because of their attacking abilities, but since GW4 they haven't return what they should for the premium you pay.

The money could be use elsewhere to improve your team, and still be strong in defence.

Since GW4 you might as well of had Luiz, VVD, LaPorte and Alderweireld. Players from the same team as TRAM, and would save you around 3m which you could spend elsewhere.

You also have the option of the going to bargain route and getting in all cheap defenders and save 6/7m which could be used to get another premium player.

Like I said take the first 4 GW's away and they haven't performed. Mitrovic for instance was on fire in the first 4 GW's - but everyone is getting rid of him now cause he's not returning goals and there are better value players. They aren't saying well he score 4 goals and got an assist in the first 4 GW's, that he's a keeper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Jaysus lads it's been a while since we had a decent debate like this. Personally I only have alonso and mendy I have lovren instead of robbo and am not convinced by spurs defensively yet but I can see the argument and it is quite valid. Even take stones or laporte instead of mendy your saving 1.1 or. 5 on both and luiz instead of Alonso saves 1.5. Id be more wary of going without alonso tho as previous years may have taught us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

lads whats your thoughts on firmino?
    cant afford salah would like another liverpool player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Marv8

I've got 2ft and 0.5 in the bank.
    I've got Salah and Mane and got Aguero.
    Would ye swap Salah for Sterling or Mane to David Silva or wait til next week? I hate not using a free transfer! I also have Milner.

Advertisement