Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman 2

• 02-05-2018 5:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2

Best gaming for me over 15 years back.

Proffs killer against evil in castle.

As known.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I never played it :(
    The one that got away. Must finally get around to play it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

One of the greatest games of all time.

All the sequels were good too, but sadly none were ever able to match this. And I doubt one ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,292 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Blood Money shines as the best I feel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Is this on the PS3 HD collection? I have that unplayed at home.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Skerries wrote: »
    Blood Money shines as the best I feel

No way. Blood Money is the worst of the entire lot IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Rob2D wrote: »
    No way. Blood Money is the worst of the entire lot IMO.

Why? Blood Money is by far my favourite too so curious how someone could hate it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The only thing I didn't like about Blood Money was the achievements didn't stack so I had to play through it on all four difficulties :pac:

Apart from Hitman 2016, the rest of the series sort of all blends together in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I've tried so hard to like Hitman. On paper it should be a great game but I always find them a bit underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This mode looks like a ton off fun.....please no microtransactions as it'd ruin the randomness of it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,462 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That mode looks like a lot of fun, great idea! I think this thread was for the original hitman 2 but might as well make it about the new hitman 2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Is it Hitman 2 or Hitman season 2?

Either way, can't wait!! :)

marcbrophy wrote:
    Is it Hitman 2 or Hitman season 2?

Hitman 2 as they aren't releasing it episodically. It's 6 big levels but there is a gold edition that has 2 more locations. It's exclusive to Gamestop for 100 euros; shame it's not in Smyths or Amazon.
    I assume this dlc will be in a season pass but I can't find one on stores, yet anyway.
    Only special edition I've bought in recent years was just this week for assassins creed as it was 25 quid extra for 2 games and 2 story expansions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The last Hitman is the best of all, I hope this is as good.

I liked the episodic content and the weekly.player challenges were brilliant.

Seriously under rated game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

https://www.pcgamesn.com/hitman-2/hitman-2-multiplayer-ghost-mode

Dammit gonna have to get it now, that mode sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,230 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1052545010028007424?s=19

Sean Bean as the first elusive target. Brilliant marketing too.

Ah, I was all for forgetting about this until a sale but between that ghost mode and Sean bean, day 1 is tempting!

I never like advertising them but the gold edition has dropped to €80 in Gamestop, got a voucher for the Sniper Assassin too. Wouldn't normally buy there but the 2 future maps are worth it for me if I get as much out of this game as I did season 1. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,230 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ERG89 wrote: »
    I never like advertising them but the gold edition has dropped to €80 in Gamestop, got a voucher for the Sniper Assassin too. Wouldn't normally buy there but the 2 future maps are worth it for me if I get as much out of this game as I did season 1. :o

It's only £35 on TheGameCollection for the regular edition at the moment for anyone who wants that edition.

Could work out cheaper to get that edition from there if the season pass works out at €35 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,187 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I went for the collectors edition

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just picked up the gold edition.

Not sure what way to play this. Loved Hitman's 2016 episodic release format. I would complete the highest rating and do some additional stuff in each location and then wait until the next release.

In this I'll probably just aim for the highest rating for each location before moving on to the next mission and then comeback later and do more.

• Advertisement

Just picked up the gold edition.

Not sure what way to play this. Loved Hitman's 2016 episodic release format. I would complete the highest rating and do some additional stuff in each location and then wait until the next release.

In this I'll probably just aim for the highest rating for each location before moving on to the next mission and then comeback later and do more.

I'd be very interested in how you're finding this if you can post your thoughts the more you play? I feel the exact same way about the episodes. I think if I'd buy this now (not toughing anything til I finish RDR2 anyway), I'd probably play through the mission once and move onto the next and not sure if I'd have the motivation to go back through each. With the episodes, I played the arse out of each level and loved it where I wouldn't have if I had all the episodes in one go.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'd be very interested in how you're finding this if you can post your thoughts the more you play? I feel the exact same way about the episodes. I think if I'd buy this now (not toughing anything til I finish RDR2 anyway), I'd probably play through the mission once and move onto the next and not sure if I'd have the motivation to go back through each. With the episodes, I played the arse out of each level and loved it where I wouldn't have if I had all the episodes in one go.
    I'll be continuing red dead also. So I'll be going back and forth between both games.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    With the episodes, I played the arse out of each level and loved it where I wouldn't have if I had all the episodes in one go.

I think IO were scared they lost sales with the last game's at times confusing* release format; after what happened with Telltale so fast maybe customers will be more wary going forward of paying for episodic games like that up front; obviously IO are hoping people buy this in the first few weeks. As am I, as I worry about the future of the series if this game tanks.

Completely agree with you that Hitman suits an episodic format tho and you gt more value out of it by replaying the levels, over and over until the next episode.

*confusing as the way it was originally planned was 2 packs of 3 levels. Then it released as a season pass or individual episodes after you bought an intro pack. Then you got a full retail release which didn't happen until the season ended and finally a definitive edition which had more content than if you bought a season pass.

You look at how the game is structured on the Xbox store at least it's clear it was originally intended to be episodic. If you had the last game you get the Legacy levels for free which you can play and get new achievements / trophies.

Enfilade wrote:
    You look at how the game is structured on the Xbox store at least it's clear it was originally intended to be episodic. If you had the last game you get the Legacy levels for free which you can play and get new achievements / trophies.

Fwiw. I just put in the disc. Currently a svelte install after Red Dead and a 15GB update/day 1 patch which I imagine is a fair chunk of the content.
    Have to redownload the old season 1 content too. I was hoping it would move it over as I already have it installed anyway. Gonna be a while before I can play now as my OCD wants me to install everything first :(

ERG89 wrote: »
    ...I was hoping it would move it over as I already have it installed anyway.
    Its a remastered version of the first game with new gameplay mechanics brought in from the second game so its a new install.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I waited until Hitman was on sale the last time around and bought all the episodes together. I played through all the levels, got full mastery on all of them, so I won't have a problem with getting all the levels in one go.

I have changed how I play games over the years though, I now work through my backlog, stick to one game until I totally finish with it, or at least until I get my moneys worth out of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The Legacy pack for Hitman 2 is free right now, don't know if it's meant to be free, I thought that you had to own the originals first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,187 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I went for the collectors edition

Pricks in Game stop cancelled my order due to not having it in stock!!! I'd pre-ordered it a while back!!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement

Standard editions are 54.99 in Argos.

Advertisement