Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I have to work New Year's Eve this year :( I've never worked over Christmas before, I always make a point of making sure I am off from the 23rd to the 2nd. But I need the extra day for next year :(

I'm not going to lie - part of me died inside when I agreed to it :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

I feel it's over rated, if that helps in anyway, most likely not. What time do you finish? Is it a night shift?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Nah, it'll only be 9-5. And I'll be WFH for it. And we aren't big NYE people anyway. I think last year I was in bed before 12 (Rock n Roll!) - it's more the working when the kids are off tbh. It'll be grand

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Nah, it'll only be 9-5. And I'll be WFH for it. And we aren't big NYE people anyway. I think last year I was in bed before 12 (Rock n Roll!) - it's more the working when the kids are off tbh. It'll be grand

NYE is the best day to work over the Christmas. And as you’re WFH you can work in Christmas PJS with Christmas music blaring :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

New Home wrote: »
    At this rate, I think it would be nice to have a "Christmas Books" thread. :)

I agree, all Christmas Books Conversation moved to this lovely new shiny thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057927228

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I put my Now Christmas CD on in the car this morning, did my weekly shop picked up some of the 4 for 20 offers on biscuits/crisps/sweets from Dunnes this morning, I had to go hunting for the box of King Crisps they weren't as obvious as the other offers

Dropped into this nick nack shop that I do go to I always get some artificial flowers that are in bouquets for the Graves, they aren't sure if they will be getting more in for Christmas so I picked up 2 just incase they also sell loose artificial Christmassy flowers so I am sure I could buy some loose ones and add to the ones I got. My friends mam hopefully will be able to do some Holly Christmas wreaths for me too for the Graves.

I agree New Years Eve is so over rated, my least favourite with Halloween :)

Seen these Christmas dresses in the nick back shop I’m getting one just not sure which one

The reindeer is my favourite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I would rank them reindeer, snowman, santa

Reindeer is my favourite too! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I will wait for another week or two before taking out my vacuum packed bag of Christmas clothing. We have a birthday in the family this week so we let that go first and then we can start Christmas proper. The turkey order will be going into Marks this weekend though.

Bought a festive jumper yesterday. I was between two. I bought the cheaper one, meaning I can buy a second one if I see one that takes my fancy! Some nice ones out there, but lots similar to ones I have (or similar designs to T-shirt’s that I have) so I’ll have to double check my own stuff before buying more. Also I am a teacher, so I need to make sure that any I wear for school would be appropriate. I don’t think Gin-gle bells would be appreciated by the principal!!

LOVE Christmas.

sullivlo wrote: »
    LOVE Christmas.

Welcome Sully! :)

How have you not posted here sooner! We all LOVE Christmas here too so you're in some fantastic company here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy Friday! My playlist is all over the place this morning. Santa Claus is Coming to Town followed by Steps and Vampire Weekend.

Happy Friday! My playlist is all over the place this morning. Santa Claus is Coming to Town followed by Steps and Vampire Weekend.

Ha my playlist isn't too dissimilar. I think it's time to setup a Christmas tunes 2018 playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Time to break my duck & join in the chat I reckon!! Have Christmas socks on today :D

Time to break my duck & join in the chat I reckon!! Have Christmas socks on today :D

Welcome!! :D

Oh yes I think it's time for Christmas Socks to enter the general socks circulation for the next couple of months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

We are away to Gran Canaria from 17-27th Nov, so the tree goes up this weekend :D

We are away to Gran Canaria from 17-27th Nov, so the tree goes up this weekend :D

So jealous on both counts.

That's perfect cause when you comeback to the miserable Winter weather here you'll have the warm glow of the tree all ready to go to keep you cozy and warm :)

sullivlo wrote: »
    I will wait for another week or two before taking out my vacuum packed bag of Christmas clothing. We have a birthday in the family this week so we let that go first and then we can start Christmas proper. The turkey order will be going into Marks this weekend though.

Bought a festive jumper yesterday. I was between two. I bought the cheaper one, meaning I can buy a second one if I see one that takes my fancy! Some nice ones out there, but lots similar to ones I have (or similar designs to T-shirt’s that I have) so I’ll have to double check my own stuff before buying more. Also I am a teacher, so I need to make sure that any I wear for school would be appropriate. I don’t think Gin-gle bells would be appreciated by the principal!!

LOVE Christmas.

Yay Sully is here!!

So as some of you may know myself and Lough take part in online games (specifically Werewolf) over in forum games. The mods there have agreed to post in here if any elves from here decide to sign up to a new game (next one starting next week). So if any of you would like to spend our days killing wolves and lynching people then ye should sign up (all info on how to play the game can be found in the fourm games section)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057925031

Happy Friday all - I am heading to Disney on Ice tomorrow - always a sign Christmas is coming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Didn't know where to put this but Arnotts is looking very Christmassy this year - lights everywhere! Hopefully their windows are just as good, they are always much more attractive to me than the likes of the artfully arranged Brown Thomas.

https://twitter.com/EyeOnDublin/status/1060611739983794176

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Wow...Arnotts look amazing......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Loughc wrote: »
    Welcome Sully! :)

How have you not posted here sooner! We all LOVE Christmas here too so you're in some fantastic company here! :)
    I love Christmas. It’s the best. But I don’t let myself get too “into it” until mid November because I just run out of energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

4 for 20 dive in
    D3ISXiW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,873 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

SarahLil wrote: »
    Seen these Christmas dresses in the nick back shop I’m getting one just not sure which one

Probably a stupid question , but what / where is the nick back shop?:o

They're fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Happy Friday Elves !

Thought this working week was never going to end, a lot of aggro...
    Popped into town after work, my local Claire's has finally brought in the Christmas stock, and I bought earrings !
    Here they are: https://www.claires.com/silver-glitter-christmas-tree-stud-earrings---green-15684.html
    Just what I wanted (something small to wear to work, for that bit of understated cheer)

In a local shop, got two packs of lovely paper napkins, one with Santa and the other one with Rudolf.
    Will start using them today with my dinner !
    Again just something small to cheer up the flat in the run up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I said the kids could watch a DVD this evening.
    They insisted that I put on Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer film.
    Sure, who was I to argue? :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question , but what / where is the nick back shop?:o

They're fab!

It’s called Dazzle it is in Charlestown Shopping Centre exit 5 M50 the shop is pretty much Christmas stock at the minute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

I may be buying some of 'The Snowman' collection of outdoor lights from The Range over the weekend....will update if I do!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

VH1 right now - 40 Greatest Christmas Songs.
    Yes I know it's bound to be on a billion more times in the next few weeks but it's a Friday night. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement