Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

planning permission

• 09-11-2018 7:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭

I am interested in the solar pv grant program

My 1952 house is eligible for the grant. It is a bungalow, renovated in 2014.
    The roof is four sided pitch, with the optimum south facing pitch already filled with evacuated tube panel for solar thermal hot water. Works great!

While renovating the house, we constructed a separate “log cabin” detached garage on concrete plinth within the rere garden, within the curtilage of the house.

The sloping pitch of the flat roof is ideal for a solar PV array.

However, the 4kwh array I have in mind will cover more than 50% of the garage roof.

Question: can I combine the roof area of the detached garage with the roof area of the house and thus avoid the need for planning permission?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Question: can I combine the roof area of the detached garage with the roof area of the house and thus avoid the need for planning permission?

No.

Advertisement