Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Question: is it madness to go without City defence, even if it meant having the following midfield:

Sterling - Hazard - Salah - Richarlison

I'd be doing the following transfers:

- Mane & Laporte out;
    - Sterling & 4.7 in

There's no doubt it'd leave my defence lightweight:

Patricio
    TAA - Dunk - 4.7 - Bennett - AWB

Actually, I think typing that out has convinced me it'd be a bad idea. I'll look for another route to get Sterling back in.

I have that midfield + Fraser. I sacrificed aguero for it though still have mendy and Alonso at the back. It was a gamble but I'm happy enough with it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Just on Sterling, I'd be wary of bringing him in this week, particularly if it means taking a -4. The Utd game at the weekend could be a cagey affair with limited points on offer. Sterling could be rested after the internationals, depending on game time, and kept for the important CL game which follows, as was the case last time. Personally, I'll be waiting for after the internationals and see how much game time he gets before acting on Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Question: is it madness to go without City defence, even if it meant having the following midfield:

Sterling - Hazard - Salah - Richarlison

I'd be doing the following transfers:

- Mane & Laporte out;
    - Sterling & 4.7 in

There's no doubt it'd leave my defence lightweight:

Patricio
    TAA - Dunk - 4.7 - Bennett - AWB

Actually, I think typing that out has convinced me it'd be a bad idea. I'll look for another route to get Sterling back in.

I think going five budgets in defence is a viable option, allows you a lot of extra money further up.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GeordieRebel

Have two FTs this week. Happy with the team except for Knockheart who is contributing nothing. Have 7.5 to spend to replace him. Looking at Maddison or Moura. Can also bring in Martial for either the week after. Will wait until Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Have two FTs this week. Happy with the team except for Knockheart who
    is contributing nothing. Have 7.5 to spend to replace him. Looking at Maddison or Moura. Can also bring in Martial for either the week after. Will wait until Friday.

Dont go for Maddison, he is the most infuriating player in the game this year!

Cannot wait to dump him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Dont go for Maddison, he is the most infuriating player in the game this year!

Cannot wait to dump him!

Maddison pi$$ed me off at the start of the year because he was getting incredibly fortunate returns (and I didn't have him) but I have to say that he has had some terrible luck lately and deserved a good few returns. Shades of Tadic about him this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Vardy to Morata ?

seems a no brainer on balance of past form but Vardy has nicer fixtures starting with Burnley home this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Greetings!

Would Paterson (cardiff) to Demarai Gray be a wise move?

Have just enough to do it and Leicester's next fixtures look nice: Burnley (H), Brighton (A), Watford (H), Fulham (A)

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Green&Red wrote: »
    I think going five budgets in defence is a viable option, allows you a lot of extra money further up.

It also means clean sheets and any attacking returns are bonuses, as you don't expect it, whereas if your all aboard TRAM, you probably have a quarter of your budget invested, so you really need them to be returning points week after week going forward.

Having one playing keeper and then 5 playing budget defenders could mean having a front 7 made up of any of the following big hitters Salah, Sterling, Hazard, Marital, Richardilson, Fraser, Aguero, Morata, Arnie, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Did Mitrovic and Fraser to Arnoutovic and Brooks. I know brooks is a bit of a sideways move but I needed the funds to get Arnie in. I’m hopeful that brooks can at least match Fraser. Arnie is a no brainer-on form and has a great run of fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have two FTs this week. Happy with the team except for Knockheart who is contributing nothing. Have 7.5 to spend to replace him. Looking at Maddison or Moura. Can also bring in Martial for either the week after. Will wait until Friday.

I think Felipe Anderson is worth a punt.

West Ham are scoring goals, attack minded under Pellegrini & have some nice fictutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭macraignil

bezuaua wrote: »
    Greetings!

Would Paterson (cardiff) to Demarai Gray be a wise move?

Have just enough to do it and Leicester's next fixtures look nice: Burnley (H), Brighton (A), Watford (H), Fulham (A)

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Could work out good, but looks to be a bit sideways a move to be honest and not seen enough of Leicester to give an informed opinion on how good Damarai Grey is playing. Just looking at highlights Ndidi looks to be just as good a shot at a lower price but he does usually play a bit deeper in midfield. Found it difficult to identify a good midfielder around that price myself and Fernandinho is leading the points scoring at that price point if you have a spare slot for a Manchester city player. Decided myself to go for a very cheap 5th midfielder (Hojbjerg) and invest the cash saved elsewhere in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,355 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm close to losing/wasting a FT, there's nothing at all I want to do at the moment.

Ederson (Hamer)
    Mendy Robertson Alonso Trippier (AWB)
    Hazard Mane Richarlison Maddison (Gunnarson)
    Aguero Arnie (Ings)

Was toying with Maddison/Aguero to Sterling/Wilson, but have about 5 reasons not to and generally transferring in the two players that scored well last week is a recepie for disaster.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'm close to losing/wasting a FT, there's nothing at all I want to do at the moment.

Ederson (Hamer)
    Aguero Arnie (Ings)

Was toying with Maddison/Aguero to Sterling/Wilson, but have about 5 reasons not to and generally transferring in the two players that scored well last week is a recepie for disaster.

Any suggestions?

Maybe use it as an excuse to get rid of a misfiring Ings? Otherwise team looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ederson (Hamer)
    Aguero Arnie (Ings)

Any suggestions?

I might end up wasting a transfer too unless there's any big injury before the weekend. Can't remember the last time that happened, I'm normally having to take hits! I suppose it's a good sign though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Shedite27 wrote:
    Ederson (Hamer) Mendy Robertson Alonso Trippier (AWB) Hazard Mane Richarlison Maddison (Gunnarson) Aguero Arnie (Ings)

Shedite27 wrote:
    Any suggestions?

If it was me I'd swap Gunnarson for Diangana who's looked really good for West Ham (if you can spare 0.1).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Dearg81 wrote: »
    If it was me I'd swap Gunnarson for Diangana who's looked really good for West Ham (if you can spare 0.1).

Take a chance on Huddersfield and get Lossl, Shedite27?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭macraignil

Ederson (Hamer)
    Aguero Arnie (Ings)

Any suggestions?

Only difference to my team at the start of this week was I had Begovic instead of Hamer and Hojbjerg instead of Gunnarson. After the Saturday games and repeated no return from Maddison I got rid of Begovic for Hamer to fund Maddison to Martial. Maddison might do great this week but I've lost patience with him and think there could be better players to consider around that price. If Martial is out of your price range then Pereyra or Anderson from West Ham might be worth considering.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Keep Arnie or bring in AUB?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Aub is you can afford it.

• Advertisement

Who are your other strikers? I wouldn’t be shelving Arnie he has form and fixtures

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Aub is you can afford it.

I can If I swap out arnie or kun
    Green&Red wrote: »
    Who are your other strikers? I wouldn’t be shelving Arnie he has form and fixtures

kun and jos from newcastle is on the bench, I'm thinking swap out kun bring in AUB?

Patricio

Robbo Alonso Fernandez (Bennett, AWB)

Hazard Salah Richy Maddy (Ward)

Arnie Wilson Aguero.

Was all set for a -4 of Aguero & Ward to Mane & Success

Having second thoughts now due to form. Not worried about lack of city coverage as intentions to bring in Sterling Mahrez & Mendy over the next 2 weeks (another hit) for Salah, Maddy & Bennett.

I really don’t want to lose Salah but will have Mane cover & 3 City players is near on essential.

Other moves im looking at are

Jimenez for Wilson (allows Maddy to Mahrez week after or Bennett to Mendy).

Maddy to Felipe Anderson but kind of want to give Maddy one last go this week due to it being Burnley.

Could just do Hazard to Mane.

Too many options not enough definites

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

kun and jos from newcastle is on the bench, I'm thinking swap out kun bring in AUB?

So you want to sell arnie AND aguero but keep Kane ?
    Madness

I wouldn’t do either of those, id hold off until GW16 for Arsenal

km79 wrote: »
    So you want to sell arnie AND aguero but keep Kane ?
    Madness

Never said anything about kane :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Never said anything about kane :confused:

Sorry mixed up 2 posts
    Either way if you are intent on selling aguero and Arnie
    Don’t
    It’s madness

km79 wrote: »
    Sorry mixed up 2 posts
    Either way if you are intent on selling aguero and Arnie
    Don’t
    It’s madness

Not I meant selling kun bring in AUB and keep arnie, I'll keep both and bank for the week I think.

Maddison Out!!! That changes things

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Patricio

Robbo Alonso Fernandez (Bennett, AWB)

Hazard Salah Richy Maddy (Ward)

Arnie Wilson Aguero.

Was all set for a -4 of Aguero & Ward to Mane & Success

Having second thoughts now due to form. Not worried about lack of city coverage as intentions to bring in Sterling Mahrez & Mendy over the next 2 weeks (another hit) for Salah, Maddy & Bennett.

I really don’t want to lose Salah but will have Mane cover & 3 City players is near on essential.

Other moves im looking at are

Jimenez for Wilson (allows Maddy to Mahrez week after or Bennett to Mendy).

Maddy to Felipe Anderson but kind of want to give Maddy one last go this week due to it being Burnley.

Could just do Hazard to Mane.

Too many options not enough definites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 2FT and planned on Mitro/Hojberg to Arnie/4.4. But with the Maddison news I think I'll move him on but for who is the Q, Pereyra? Have Wilson so not keen on doubling up with Brooks/Fraser

Advertisement