Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hale flare

Options
  • 06-11-2018 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭

Just got a hale flare. Just wondering are these any good?? I got a tobacco liquid 12mg but find it very harsh on the back of the throat would that mean I should go for lower nicotine or would I be better off trying different flavours( not a big fan of menthol cigarettes but might be different with a vape and could try different flavours).

Just trying to get off the cigarettes so if this hale flare isn't a good one don't mind investing more money in a good one in a few weeks if it works for me..

I'm only taking really small pulls and still find the hit on the throat very harsh.. I really have no idea on these things so any advice would be much appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

I had never heard of the Hale Flare, but after googling I can make a few guesses of what it's like.

From what you've said, you seem to be a beginner so here's a basic idea of what can give you too much of a throat hit on that device with a tobacco juice: your PG level is too high or your nicotine level is too high. Menthol juices can also be a bit hard on the throat, and so can adjusting the settings too high on a device with variable controls (buttons up and down to make it more and less powerful, as opposed to devices with just an "on" button).

When I googled I saw there was two coils with your device, a 1.5 ohm and a 0.8 ohm. As a general rule of thumb, use lower nicotine on a lower ohm coil. So maybe on the 1.5 ohm coil you should be trying 12mg nicotine liquid, and on the 0.8 ohm coil you should be using 6mg liquid. If you still find a throat hit, try dropping down the strength.

But also consider the VG/PG ratio. VG and PG are the base liquids that make up e-liquid. High PG has a harsher throat hit. Your 0.8 ohm coil should have a VG to PG ratio of 70 to 30 (VG/PG 70/30) and your 1.5 ohm coil shouldn't have a higher VG percentage than 50% (so VG/PG of 50/50, 40/60 etc.)

Maybe try a 70/30 6mg e-liquid on the 0.8 coil and a 50/50 12mg e-liquid on the 1.5 coil and see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Phill_M wrote: »
    I had never heard of the Hale Flare, but after googling I can make a few guesses of what it's like.

From what you've said, you seem to be a beginner so here's a basic idea of what can give you too much of a throat hit on that device with a tobacco juice: your PG level is too high or your nicotine level is too high. Menthol juices can also be a bit hard on the throat, and so can adjusting the settings too high on a device with variable controls (buttons up and down to make it more and less powerful, as opposed to devices with just an "on" button).

When I googled I saw there was two coils with your device, a 1.5 ohm and a 0.8 ohm. As a general rule of thumb, use lower nicotine on a lower ohm coil. So maybe on the 1.5 ohm coil you should be trying 12mg nicotine liquid, and on the 0.8 ohm coil you should be using 6mg liquid. If you still find a throat hit, try dropping down the strength.

But also consider the VG/PG ratio. VG and PG are the base liquids that make up e-liquid. High PG has a harsher throat hit. Your 0.8 ohm coil should have a VG to PG ratio of 70 to 30 (VG/PG 70/30) and your 1.5 ohm coil shouldn't have a higher VG percentage than 50% (so VG/PG of 50/50, 40/60 etc.)

Maybe try a 70/30 6mg e-liquid on the 0.8 coil and a 50/50 12mg e-liquid on the 1.5 coil and see how that goes.

Thanks Phil, I'll try what you've suggested above.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭obnicc

Harpy wrote: »
    Just got a hale flare. Just wondering are these any good?? I got a tobacco liquid 12mg but find it very harsh on the back of the throat would that mean I should go for lower nicotine or would I be better off trying different flavours( not a big fan of menthol cigarettes but might be different with a vape and could try different flavours).

Just trying to get off the cigarettes so if this hale flare isn't a good one don't mind investing more money in a good one in a few weeks if it works for me..

I'm only taking really small pulls and still find the hit on the throat very harsh.. I really have no idea on these things so any advice would be much appreciated..

Hi I have a hale Flare Kit, is the exact same as an Innokin T20s Kit, but the two coils you get with the flare are both 0.8 coils so there’ll be no point in you switching the coils around as they are both the same. I’d go down to the next level mg, the nicotine is what gives you the harsh kick at the back of the throat. It’s a nice little kit, I used it for a while and still use the tank on a different battery every now and then.

obnicc wrote: »
    Hi I have a hale Flare Kit, is the exact same as an Innokin T20s Kit, but the two coils you get with the flare are both 0.8 coils so there’ll be no point in you switching the coils around as they are both the same. I’d go down to the next level mg, the nicotine is what gives you the harsh kick at the back of the throat. It’s a nice little kit, I used it for a while and still use the tank on a different battery every now and then.

Thanks gonna go in on Saturday and try out a few with lower nicotine.. I went into a shop yesterday and the person tried to convince me I actually needed 18mg nicotine..They didn't have testers so didn't get anything...

Thanks gonna go in on Saturday and try out a few with lower nicotine.. I went into a shop yesterday and the person tried to convince me I actually needed 18mg nicotine..They didn't have testers so didn't get anything...

They usually try base what nicotine level to suggest on how many cigarettes you would have smoked a day, but generally if you’re using a device that isn’t a bog standard basic starter kit you’re goin to get a bit more of a kick out of it. I’d def say try the 12mg, or buy a 1.5 coil for it, they’re only €3 or so and your still get your high nicotine from the 18mg but with a less harsher throat hit :)

• Advertisement

Got the 1.5 coil as suggested and got a 6mg nicotine tobacco flavour as well as a kiwi and strawberry one. Going ok so far feels much better then the 12mg nicotine one..

Got the 1.5 coil as suggested and got a 6mg nicotine tobacco flavour as well as a kiwi and strawberry one. Going ok so far feels much better then the 12mg nicotine one..

Good to hear, hope it works out for you!

On day four now cigarette free so it's doing the job so far fingers crossed it's lasts..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Nice one,before you know it,2 months will pass & you will be looking to upgrade your vape set-up....lol

Advertisement