Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda & District AC - New Training Ground

Options
  • 07-11-2018 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭

I was going to post this in my log but it might be of interest to others, especially those involved in the running of their club. It took a few years of planning, fundraising, grant applications etc from those on the committee. I wont go into details because I don't actually know! I just want to say thanks to them because it's an absolutely amazing facility and I hope their efforts inspire other clubs to also think big and long term.

Best angle I could find!
    2gtntya.jpg

Pic from the senior xc at the weekend
    3004oj9.jpg

Currently they're laying the all weather track around the outskirts, I believe something similar to what they have in Bohermeen
    2gy8taq.jpg

r219xj.jpg

Google maps view with xc course mapped
    2b61zt.jpg

Jr. Minister for Sport Brendan Griffin dropping by to see how the club are spending their funding
    15nup6p.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

That's fantastic - the xc course is a really great facility to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Sacksian wrote: »
    That's fantastic - the xc course is a really great facility to have.

All the mud being lifted for the track is going into a hill for the xc course, will post a pic when it's done.

A clubhouse then of course is the next big part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

That's deadly. Having somewhere to train on grass at night would be deadly, that isn't just around GAA pitches avoiding sliotars.

Is it open many nights of the week?

Is it near the track?

That's deadly. Having somewhere to train on grass at night would be deadly, that isn't just around GAA pitches avoiding sliotars.

Is it open many nights of the week?

Is it near the track?

Always open to club members with lights on till 9 usually. Not open to public

it's 3km from the track

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

IvoryTower wrote: »
    All the mud being lifted for the track is going into a hill for the xc course, will post a pic when it's done.

A clubhouse then of course is the next big part of it

If there's any mud left over, stick in a dedicated hill for the sprinters - and middle distance runners!

• Advertisement

Update with our finished track, 800m gravel track with internal grass track. Car park added

1zf1yjs.jpg

aosz1k.jpg

Advertisement