Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 12 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mitro to Ings before he drops again.

Ings is a 2 week punt while I try decidw what way to go regarding Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Flapianski

Aguero + Fraser or Sterling + Jiminez? Leaning towards the latter for the next few gameweeks, Bournemouths fixtures are quite tough. Wilson can score against any opposition this season, not so sure about Fraser

Jiminez looks a better option than Ings. More shots, and much better chance of assists

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Brought in Keane because I thought he'd get a cleanie but alas that didn't happen.

So I've got enough beans to swap him out for Alonso now. YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Mitro to Morata anyone?

Have 2.5m in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

Mitro to Morata anyone?

Have 2.5m in the bank
    If you don’t have Hazard or other Chelsea mids then yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

bantee wrote: »

I have Hazard alright. I'm a few £££s short of an upgrade to an Aguero or Kane just at the moment so open to other suggestions.

Other striker is Arnie, with Success for bench fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭bantee

bantee wrote: »

I have Hazard alright. I'm a few £££s short of an upgrade to an Aguero or Kane just at the moment so open to other suggestions.

Other striker is Arnie, with Success for bench fodder.
    How about Lacazette?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Mitro to Morata anyone?

Have 2.5m in the bank

and so it begins a few people taking notice of Morata

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Bye bye mitro.. No cash to bring in Arnie though..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've sold Mitro and Brooks for Arnautovic and Diangana. Didn't want to lose Brooks but had to find the funds. :(

200.gif

"So was Red" - me next week when I see them arrows.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Kinda just rage transferred mitro out for zaha had planned to get rid anyway but can't take any more drops that's all he seems good for lately. Convincing myself that neither spurs or United are very solid defensively so zaha could be a great differential

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I
    Will
    Not
    Sign
    Wilson

So it looks like Murray
    And I already know it’s a mistake :(
    No way he plays all games over Xmas

Only other options are Ings and success
    Success is not even getting 90 minutes now and deeney is out though

I really wanted to bank but Mitro a cert to drop again and Ricky now a doubt ......

Kinda just rage transferred mitro out for zaha had planned to get rid anyway but can't take any more drops that's all he seems good for lately. Convincing myself that neither spurs or United are very solid defensively so zaha could be a great differential

I wish he was an option but he hasn’t scored in ages and palace are not playing well
    So a bit like mitrovic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Drain the Fulham swamp.

km79 wrote: »
    I
    Will
    Not
    Sign
    Wilson

So it looks like Murray

I really wanted to bank but Mitro a cert to drop again and Ricky now a doubt ......

I have Success so I’m looking at Ings and Jimenez as a replacement with preference, just, for the latter.

Hopefully the next Mitrovic drop won’t be for another 2-3 days so we can see if any midweek injuries.

I have Success so I’m looking at Ings and Jimenez as a replacement with preference, just, for the latter.

Looked at him too and he is under consideration
    Would be benched this week though
    Seems a bit mad to sign him and bench him !
    Decent 2 after that though when I may be bench boosting
    Would also free up cash

Hopefully the next Mitrovic drop won’t be for another 2-3 days so we can see if any midweek injuries.

He is almost a certainty to drop tomorrow night
    Fell 10% since the game ended more or less

I wish he was an option but he hasn’t scored in ages and palace are not playing well
    So a bit like mitrovic

Bit like yourself in the sense it was a toss up between him and Murray had hoped to wait and maybe see if sturridge could get a run this week but I am not suffering another drop

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I
    Will
    Not
    Sign
    Wilson

So it looks like Murray

You need to let that one go. He is a good option as he was last year. You just ended up having him after his purple patch and for that dreadful run. He is a cheapish striker playing for an attacking team. People have expectations too high for their cheapish strikers. They are only going to score 10-12 goals a season in most cases. Sometimes they wont score for 4 or 5 weeks thats the reason they play for burnley, southampton, fulham etc and why they are half the price of aguero and kane. If you have a vardy or firmino going 4 weeks without a return thats a big problem but the likes of ings and jiminez it isnt as much of a problem as you have extra money to spend elsewhere as they are in your squad.

• Advertisement

You need to let that one go. He is a good option as he was last year. You just ended up having him after his purple patch and for that dreadful run. He is a cheapish striker playing for an attacking team. People have expectations too high for their cheapish strikers. They are only going to score 10-12 goals a season in most cases. Sometimes they wont score for 4 or 5 weeks thats the reason they play for burnley, southampton, fulham etc and why they are half the price of aguero and kane. If you have a vardy or firmino going 4 weeks without a return thats a big problem but the likes of ings and jiminez it isnt as much of a problem as you have extra money to spend elsewhere as they are in your squad.

I have Fraser so won't be getting Wilson
    I'm leaning towards jiminez

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have Fraser so won't be getting Wilson
    I'm leaning towards jiminez

Different story if you have fraser. People do need to forget wilsons bad run last year. In general apart from that 10 week stretch he has been a decent FF option throughout his PL career.

He is almost a certainty to drop tomorrow night
    Fell 10% since the game ended more or less

And another 10%........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Is it mad to be thinking Mitrovic & Jiminez out to Arnie & Success for a -4?

Mitro away to Liverpool, Jiminez away to Arsenal

Arnie away to Huddersfield, Success away to Watford

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yes,Wolves have Cardiff, Newcastle and Huddersfield in the next 5.

This years real FPL holy trinity

Anyone want to spot the real problem here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Arnie away to Huddersfield, Success away to Watford Success eh, wait?, oh Watford
    Maybe this is what was meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Whoops, away to Southampton. Not used to being hungover in work on a Tuesday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Question: is it madness to go without City defence, even if it meant having the following midfield:

Sterling - Hazard - Salah - Richarlison

I'd be doing the following transfers:

- Mane & Laporte out;
    - Sterling & 4.7 in

There's no doubt it'd leave my defence lightweight:

Patricio
    TAA - Dunk - 4.7 - Bennett - AWB

Actually, I think typing that out has convinced me it'd be a bad idea. I'll look for another route to get Sterling back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Question: is it madness to go without City defence, even if it meant having the following midfield:

Sterling - Hazard - Salah - Richarlison

I'd be doing the following transfers:

- Mane & Laporte out;
    - Sterling & 4.7 in

There's no doubt it'd leave my defence lightweight:

Patricio
    TAA - Dunk - 4.7 - Bennett - AWB

Actually, I think typing that out has convinced me it'd be a bad idea. I'll look for another route to get Sterling back in.

To have that midfield you need to sacrifice up top or Mane for Salah.

Advertisement