Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm conflicted. I want Arnautovic but don't want to alter my team too much. Best way I can think of managing it would be to sell Mitrovic for him and then sell AWB for a crocked Peltier. Not sure if it's worth it though because the gameweek after next sees West Ham home to City, while Fulham have a handy home fixture vs Southampton.

Might instead go with transferring out my budget MF Westwood for Diangana as a low budget way to get into the Hammers' attack. Then go 3-5-2 with Mitrovic benched for Liverpool next week.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Have you 4.3 to spend? Gibbs-White had a good cameo for Wolves yesterday and was on set pieces. Can see him getting minutes at the end of games. One point would be better than none
    I don't after Mitrovic dropped Friday night. Arnie about to go up too.

Good shout though, he was very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Im going to do aguero to arnie and schurrle to mane. Next week ill do salah to sterling. Id prefer sterling over aguero for city coverage. I also want to set myself up to move away from salah so want to get mane in place. Think this week is as good as any to set that in motion.

Think I’ll be doing something similar.

Ward ——> Mane
    Aguero ———> Success

Then either Mane, Salah or Hazard to Sterling the week after, will know more then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I will do Seri to Mané, far and away the biggest step up in quality I have ever done in a single transfer.

I'm conflicted. I want Arnautovic but don't want to alter my team too much. Best way I can think of managing it would be to sell Mitrovic for him and then sell AWB for a crocked Peltier. Not sure if it's worth it though because the gameweek after next sees West Ham home to City, while Fulham have a handy home fixture vs Southampton.

Might instead go with transferring out my budget MF Westwood for Diangana as a low budget way to get into the Hammers' attack. Then go 3-5-2 with Mitrovic benched for Liverpool next week.
    Looks like we are in similar positions. I've considered your move but it leaves Mitrovic with another tough game after Southampton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

To continue my season of boring transfer activity I’m either gonna bank ahead of the int break OR sign a very boring ribena loving midfielder ......

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Think I’ll be doing something similar.

Ward ——> Mane
    Aguero ———> Success

Then either Mane, Salah or Hazard to Sterling the week after, will know more then

Will do this.

Following week Maddison to Mahrez

Week after Salah & Bennett to Mendy & Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Plan was to sell Ings and Fraser but they both looked good this weekend. I'd be fairly happy to give them both another week and am happy with the rest for the team too. Don't know what to do with the 2fts now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Looks like we are in similar positions. I've considered your move but it leaves Mitrovic with another tough game after Southampton.

I've decided against the Peltier for AWB route as I've been burned in the past relying on just 4 defenders. My defence has Mendy and Robertson who could fall victim to rotation so I'm not risking it.

That means for me the remaining best alternative would be Mitro to Arnie, and then sell Brooks for Diangana. Even with Arnie's price rising tonight I can afford this so I'm going to wait for the time being. If Mitrovic impresses tomorrow, I'll keep faith with him; if he blanks then I'm shipping him and Brooks out for the above West Ham duo.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

I'm thinking of doubling up on Liverpool defence, I have Robertson. I don't know who to pick between lovern, Alexander Arnold and Gomez. Help me please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Plan was to sell Ings and Fraser but they both looked good this weekend. I'd be fairly happy to give them both another week and am happy with the rest for the team too. Don't know what to do with the 2fts now

I thought about Ings to Success yesterday but Ings has decent fixtures coming up. Watford & Fulham before United who he could score against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Trying to shoehorn Salah in but it would take a -8 and involve losing Alonso.
    Might have to do without him and captain Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

4 point hit

Edersen -> Ryan
    Schurrle -> Sterling
    Lacazette -> Arnautovic

I still want 3 city players but I need to get Sterling in. I dont want to lose Mendy, so I guess Edersen is gonna get the chop. Ryan is producing and they have some favourable fixtures coming up so hoping that Sterling outscores Edersen over the next while to make up the difference.

Lacazette out for Arnautovic a week too late to help fund the move

-edit-

Would give me a lineup of

Ryan (Speroni)
    Robertson Mendy Alonso (wanB) (Bennett)
    Salah Sterling Richarlison Maddison (Murphy)
    Aguero Arnautovic Success

Success and Murphy interchangeable week on week

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Lemlin wrote: »
    Are you not worried about no Aguero? One good week from him where everyone captains him and you’re in trouble!

Yeah, but you could say the same about Kane, Salah, Hazard etc.
    They're not pokemon, you can't catch them all.
    At the moment, I'm more concerned about no sterling than no kun.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Imagine if they had a mini wild card chip - like get 5 free transfers.

I want Sterling, but I don't want to sell a bunch of players, I can get him with 5 transfers for bang on the money, but only have 1 FT. Sterling is inevitable going to rise this week. decisions to be made.

You also know that Kane is inevitable going to take off at some stage this season and will become a must have.

It's so hard this season with so many midfield players banging in the goals for fun - can't have them all, but need to have as many as you can at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

No idea what transfer to do.

Wanted to gamble on Firmino but he's looking to drop in price so must wait until I do so.

However Sterling now looks like a must have but would have to sacrifice Hazard or Aguero+Maddison for him.

Are many people dumping Hazard for Sterling? Wise move or not?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    No idea what transfer to do.

Wanted to gamble on Firmino but he's looking to drop in price so must wait until I do so.

However Sterling now looks like a must have but would have to sacrifice Hazard or Aguero+Maddison for him.

Are many people dumping Hazard for Sterling? Wise move or not?

Dumping Kun for him.

I don't after Mitrovic dropped Friday night. Arnie about to go up too.

Good shout though, he was very impressive.
    Actually, this is a bit weird. I do have 4.3 to spend but the app thinks I don't. Anyone ever see this before?

Mobile browser appears to be allowing me to make the change. The app won't and is telling me Hudson Odoi is the only player I can afford.

Dumping Kun for him.

Hmmm. I'm leaning towards dumping Hazard at the moment.

Was also trying to see how I could fit Kun, Arnie, Richi and the big 3 (Salah, Haz, Sterling) into my team. It's possible for a -8, but would mean playing one of Success/Billing/Bennet/AWB every week. Not sure how well that would work out long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Making early transfers for the first time this year - hopefully doesnt bite me in the ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Actually, this is a bit weird. I do have 4.3 to spend but the app thinks I don't. Anyone ever see this before?

Mobile browser appears to be allowing me to make the change. The app won't and is telling me Hudson Odoi is the only player I can afford.

I only ever use the mobile site, don't trust the app at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Foster (Hamer)
    Mendy Robertson Alonso (AWB, Stankovic)
    Salah Hazard Maddison Fraser (Gunnarsson)
    Aguero Arnautovic Wilson

I’ll probably bank, then Foster to Fabianski with 1 FT over the break. The other in my pocket in case of injury.

Although I am tempted to reverse my terrible Richarlison -> Maddison move from a couple of gameweeks ago, there’s zero point before Leicester are at home to Burnley and Everton away to Chelsea. Maddison was joint top of chances created (again!) this week, but badly needs to return actual points now or is on the chopping block during the international break.

I only ever use the mobile site, don't trust the app at all.
    Made the change last night on mobile browser. Never seen that before on the app. Hope I didn't make some incorrect transfers in the past due to it not realising I had an extra .1m in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,910 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Gonna ditch the double wolves Defence I think. Looking at Bellerin in for Doherty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I will do Seri to Mané, far and away the biggest step up in quality I have ever done in a single transfer.
    How did you resist the -4 for it last week :eek:
    sheroman01 wrote: »
    Dumping Kun for him.
    It's the most likely route for me to get him in too, Maddison/Aguero to Sterling/Wilson.

Worried though that
    - Sterling was dropped home to Huddersfield and Burnley, games I'd likely have captained him.
    - I sold Aguero for Kane a few weeks back and regretted it immediately. HE also seems undroppable
    - Wilson has Arsenal/City/Pool in the next 5. Is he past his purple patch?
    - Maddison has been close to hauls the past 3 games (balls cleared off lines, hit posts etc), so definitely due with nice fixtures coming up.
    - However, would be gaining the second highest scoring midfielder and attacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Mahrez getting dropped was a killer for me... played 90 minutes in the 3 games before.

Rotation is such a killer in this City team.

Have brought Mane in - captaining him against Fulham seems a good way to go unless he gets injured tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Was planning Mitro to Arnie but have lost .3 on them since Friday on them so will need to use my 2nd FT for it. Will either downgrade Hjoiberg or Lossl.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    It's the most likely route for me to get him in too, Maddison/Aguero to Sterling/Wilson.

Worried though that
    - Sterling was dropped home to Huddersfield and Burnley, games I'd likely have captained him.
    - I sold Aguero for Kane a few weeks back and regretted it immediately. HE also seems undroppable
    - Wilson has Arsenal/City/Pool in the next 5. Is he past his purple patch?
    - Maddison has been close to hauls the past 3 games (balls cleared off lines, hit posts etc), so definitely due with nice fixtures coming up.
    - However, would be gaining the second highest scoring midfielder and attacker.

I have the same thoughts/concerns as you. Find it hard to drop Aguero. What I might actually do is take another week to think about it and do the safest transfer of all time and bring Wilson in for Mitro. Bournemouth playing genuinely good attacking football so I'm hoping his returns keep coming, at least for another few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

Did Mitro > Wilson last night before Mitro's second drop.

Apologies to all - as now that I finally gave in and got him a series of blanks/injuries/suspensions is almost guaranteed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

COH wrote: »
    Did Mitro > Wilson last night before Mitro's second drop.

Apologies to all - as now that I finally gave in and got him a series of blanks/injuries/suspensions is almost guaranteed

Well fck. I just brought Wilson in also.

Advertisement