Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,913 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Jennifer McGuire hasn’t tweeted since that accusation.

Seems she’s been put back in her box in her little sheltered d4 hideout.
    She should remember we pay her wages. Creating a load of haters for the sake of virtue signalling will not help her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

Omackeral wrote: »
    If their arguments and accusations are weak, a well reasoned debater will expose them.

omg how new are you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

We know exactly how it was achieved. Because Casey went where no other self respecting candidate would go. (to their credit)

Is there 10% in any society that is prejudiced and biased? Of course there is, and a certain type of politician will exploit that. Look around you in the world. Not hard to spot.

Name any politician of any party that doesn't exploit something.

Adams exploited people of nationalist persuasion.
    Ahern exploited people...as many people as he could.
    Haughey exploited the entire state for his personal enrichment.
    Varadkar exploits voters all the time.
    Labour exploited voters by picking Marriage Equality from a list of suggestions from the Citizens convention.

Casey is just someone who went a different route, remember what Irish people thought of Adams back in the 80s...I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

She should remember we pay her wages. Creating a load of haters for the sake of virtue signalling will not help her.

none of them in RTE see us as paying their wages.
    They funnel all their money through their company accounts and pay sodall tax.
    No employee of RTE should be allowed to do that.
    If you don't like the offer frak off and get a job somewhere else.
    Ryan should be paying around 200k tax on his salary..but guaranteed I'm probably paying more tax than he is.

• Advertisement

Jennifer McGuire hasn’t tweeted since that accusation.

Seems she’s been put back in her box in her little sheltered d4 hideout.

if rte had any decency she'd be getting her long overdue p45 on monday morning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

You have already displayed an alarming trait of manipulating the truth. Done with you on the subject. The poster had the cahonas to admit they were wrong about the legislation when I posted the correct Act governing the issue and that they were wrong to say that travellers got special treatment in law. You clearly don't have the same integrity.

Just keep digging and trying to troll.

traveller specific treatment in law

Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act
    Section 10 of this act empowers local authorities to remove Travellers, who are camped unofficially, to an unofficial site anywhere within a five mile radius of where they are

Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act 1998

The Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2002
    This Act criminalizes trespass on public and private land. Section 24 of the Public Order Act as amended by the Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 2002, provides that: This law was introduced at a time when over a 1,000 Traveller families were camped on public land due to the lack of provision of Traveller accommodation, and where they had been no real progress in relation to the provision of transient accommodation. Its introduction put vulnerable families in fear of being moved on by the Gardaí and put an end to families being able to practice their rights to be nomadic.

https://www.exchangehouse.ie/faq_legislationtimeline.php

all from the same link you haven't read or understood yet .

still no sign of the boys then ?

refusing to admit when your wrong is something you and your people are uniquely skilled at :)

I’m shook this thread is still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

So I can’t have an opinion because I don’t have cancer or a drug addiction?????

What are you rambling on about???

My post obviously went completely over your head so.

You suggested that the poster having travellers as the least of their worries was ridiculous. As if someone doesn't have bigger worries in their lives than travellers.

your link is malware

uh no it’s not. Now Francy and i don’t see eye to eye on.. anything. But it’s rather unjust to tell someone they’re posting malware when in reality it’s just urban dictionary. I mean, the two are more or less interchangeable and just as infectious I suppose. But all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I really hope by the next election Peter Casey has a new party set up and a candidate in cork which I can vote for.

if rte had any decency she'd be getting her long overdue p45 on monday morning

This just gets funnier and funnier.

Some randomer should get her P45 for a tweet but Peter Casey can say what he likes?

Get a grip on your life will you.

RaichuMGS wrote: »
    I’m shook this thread is still going.
    Look at the views, most popular thread of the year?

fin12 wrote: »
    I really hope by the next election Peter Casey has a new party set up and a candidate in cork which I can vote for.

the word on the street is casey will join up with renua and then take over the world

Look at the views, most popular thread of the year?

Maybe it’ll get a part 2 when it hits 10k posts? :pac:

Genuine question. Why? Do you think he's going to eradicate the traveller population?

when the thread reaches 10,000 posts it will self-destruct

mynamejeff wrote: »
    traveller specific treatment in law

Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act
    Section 10 of this act empowers local authorities to remove Travellers, who are camped unofficially, to an unofficial site anywhere within a five mile radius of where they are

Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act 1998

The Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2002
    This Act criminalizes trespass on public and private land. Section 24 of the Public Order Act as amended by the Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 2002, provides that: This law was introduced at a time when over a 1,000 Traveller families were camped on public land due to the lack of provision of Traveller accommodation, and where they had been no real progress in relation to the provision of transient accommodation. Its introduction put vulnerable families in fear of being moved on by the Gardaí and put an end to families being able to practice their rights to be nomadic.

https://www.exchangehouse.ie/faq_legislationtimeline.php

all from the same link you haven't read or understood yet .

still no sign of the boys then ?

refusing to admit when your wrong is something you and your people are uniquely skilled at :)

AND here is the post many moons ago where I posted that entire Act, which the poster accepted proved he/she was wrong. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108529078&postcount=9699

Just stop digging lad. It's done and you are a busted flush on this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

AND here is the post many moons ago where I posted that entire Act, which the poster accepted proved he/she was wrong. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108529078&postcount=9699

Just stop digging lad. It's done and you are a busted flush on this.

scroll up and you ll see where ive pointed out and posted the relevant laws .

its easy if you try ,

is eotrs shift over then ? whos on next ?

BBFAN wrote: »
    Genuine question. Why? Do you think he's going to eradicate the traveller population?

Sorry he stands for a lot more than his views on travellers. He says exactly what all the rest of us are thinking. I’m sick of these fake fu*ckers we’ve had for years in government.

• Advertisement

uh no it’s not. Now Francy and i don’t see eye to eye on.. anything. But it’s rather unjust to tell someone they’re posting malware when in reality it’s just urban dictionary. I mean, the two are more or less interchangeable and just as infectious I suppose. But all the same.

Don't be worrying about me. That was like swatting an annoying fly tbh. :)

Sorry he stands for a lot more than his views on travellers. He says exactly what all the rest of us are thinking. I’m sick of these fake fu*ckers we’ve had for years in government.

Yet again a Caseyite claims to be speaking for the whole country. :rolleyes:

thread has 800 posts a day since 17 october
    francie has 80 posts a day on this thread since october 17 10%
    well done mate

Oh sorry 342 thousand of us.... it’s hard to get ur message across when you live in such a corrupt country.

Casey taking over Renua and then Renua having a policy on ending the TV license would be a good start. I think I would join the party and canvass in the rain for them if that happened. Anything to wipe that smirk of that prick Tubridys face.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hopefully not. And I say that as the second highest contributor. A lot of pure poison in here!

Casey taking over Renua and then Renua having a policy on ending the TV license would be a good start. I think I would join the party and canvass in the rain for them if that happened. Anything to wipe that smirk of that prick Tubridys face.

And Leo Valdakar.

renua has no Candidates in my area but i will stand for them
    i'm well known and liked in the area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He needs to setup a completely new organisation, going with a basket case will finish him. I won't vote for him if he joins any current political party.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hopefully not. And I say that as the second highest contributor. A lot of pure poison in here!

link?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement