Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,694 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Are you forced to be here?

Are you ?

Why do you hang around the internet being angry all the time

What's behind it ?

What's behind this facade of right wing hatred ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭MFPM

Connors went on the LLS and described the Guards as scum. Tubs didn't call him out. Seeing as the vast majority of Guards are from the settled community it would be fair to assume he has an issue with settled community.
    Miss Cash is amusing, not sure she has expressed hatred to the settled community usually she is screaming during an interview so hard to know. Although she did make one claim I found funny. She claims the government is robbing her, eventhough the same government is providing her with nearly 52k of taxpayers money for free. I wish the government would Rob me too.

OK so he did just make it up - typical of the type of nonsense that passese for informed discourse.
    Connors went on the LLS and described the Guards as scum. Tubs didn't call him out. Seeing as the vast majority of Guards are from the settled community it would be fair to assume he has an issue with settled community.

What a stretch and a pathetic one at that. There are thugs within AGS no one would dispute that - Connors made a generalisd allegation that he shouldn't have but given the role of AGS in abusing Travellers perhaps understandable and secondly the role of the AGS in the recent evictions it's also understandable. To extrapolate a slur against the settled community on that basis is absurd.
    Miss Cash is amusing, not sure she has expressed hatred to the settled community

So the poster was lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,051 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Edward M wrote: »
    It doesn't really matter though, as long as a percentage of or any reside or use land that they aren't entitled to his statement is valid.
    I know of a few places, outside Ballinasloe and around Galway that there are illegal camps, Spanish Eyes just mentioned around Dublin Airport, I'm sure there are other places.
    Casey statement is valid, you'll have a hell of a job proving otherwise.

That 'travellers are basically people who camp on other people's land'?

I don't think so. It isn't even near the truth of the current situation. The facts don't back him up and he couldn't back it up either. Hence he isn't repeating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I'm voting Renua in next General Election as long as they drop the anti abortion and they actually have a candidate in my constituency (Fingal). I can't vote for any of the main parties again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

tretorn wrote: »
    The travellers are supposed to go to Coolquay, The Ward but the locals are up in arms, there is terrible upset in the community about being landed with a lot of travellers. There isnt enough of the locals to put up a strong protest so the travellers will probably end up there.
    What have the locals against an influx of travellers?
    Surely they would enjoy the benefit of learning the travellers culture and all the benefits they bring to a community?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,990 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

More politically correct nonsense as in people afraid to say what they really think.

nope, just simple good old facts that most people in those countries aren't bigoted toards muslims and jews.
    I note that Hungary hasnt had any terrorist attacks committed by drug crazed unemployed layabout Muslims.

yet. it's irrelevant either way and proves absolutely nothing. out of interest when you refer to "drug crazed unemployed layabout muslims" are you refering to the few who have commited terrorist attacks, or as i suspect, all muslims? because the reality would disprove the latter, and probably parts of the former.
    MFPM wrote: »
    How did you arrive at that conclusion?

they don't agree with him.
    See that's the thing I said SF could give Tubs advice on how to set an ambush considering they have members with such experience. Thanks for confirming. Tripped yourself up there dude.

well no, they couldn't really. being in the ira wouldn't guarantee that one was involved in any of the killings.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The local settled community are a far bigger obstacle to the third runway and have battled against it for years. Have you been railing against them too as they are standing in the way of 'of everyone and our economy right' or is it just Travellers you selectively focus your ire on?

Well no matter what the locals might think, if an Bord Pleanala gives the green light, the squatting Travellers will have to be paid off anyway.

I doubt the locals will get a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The travellers are supposed to go to Coolquay, The Ward but the locals are up in arms, there is terrible upset in the community about being landed with a lot of travellers. There isnt enough of the locals to put up a strong protest so the travellers will probably end up there.
    The people of Coolquay will shortly be benefiting from significant cultural enrichment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

listermint wrote: »
    Are you ?

Why do you hang around the internet being angry all the time

What's behind it ?

What's behind this facade of right wing hatred ?

Not angry at all, basically just amusing myself.
    Not right wing either, more centrist to be honest. Although I see you and a few others like to apportion labels, why? Does it make it easier to dismiss people that disagree with you?
    So anyway you hate this thread it's depressing yada yada, but yet still here why?

Klonker wrote: »
    I'm voting Renua in next General Election as long as they drop the anti abortion and they actually have a candidate in my constituency (Fingal). I can't vote for any of the main parties again.

Good for you.

What are their current policies?

And do you know they have one TD . What's his name?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

That 'travellers are basically people who camp on other people's land'?

I don't think so. It isn't even near the truth of the current situation. The facts don't back him up and he couldn't back it up either. Hence he isn't repeating it.

Unless they reside on their own land then they reside on someone else's.
    Most don't reside on their own land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Ms Cash has expressed hatred towards our democratically elected Government. its impossible to listen to her screeching for more than two seconds but the vitriol is there.

Not angry at all, basically just amusing myself.
    Not right wing either, more centrist to be honest. Although I see you and a few others like to apportion labels, why? Does it make it easier to dismiss people that disagree with you?
    So anyway you hate this thread it's depressing yada yada, but yet still here why?

Your not centerist I've read your posts.

Very heavy on the right wing.

And yes you come across as a very angry person Which is why my post triggered you to respond . It actually caught something in you. So you can't out with the classic... You don't have to be here.

Why are you so negative? Are your friends and family this way? Do you carry this stuff around all the time

Unless they reside on their own land then they reside on someone else's.
    Most don't reside on their own land.

Oh, well then we have a huge problem in this country with people camping on other's land.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can you link to the legislation covering this please?

That's just it. It's the same legislation, but 9 years of having to do this and that is the internal process, because of the protected status and to avoid allegations of racism by the Gardai.

That's just it. It's the same legislation, but 9 years of having to do this and that is the internal process, because of the protected status and to avoid allegations of racism by the Gardai.

Can you link to it?

The Irish Times and some silly thinktank in Washinton are the only people interested in this nonsense( and you of course, PC numpty that you are.)

We saw this on the Presidential debates, who wouldnt have a problem with travellers setting up camp near them. Without even blushing the Presidential candidate bar Peter Casey said they wouldnt have an issue. Hopefully all this individuals will have a halting site installed in their locality soon.

Same with asking people would they mind their daughter marrying a Muslim, who wouldnt advise their daughter against a move like this. Who wants their daughter to have to dress up like a walking birdcage and have no rights in a Muslim country.

your link is just so nonsensical. Muslims marry Muslims and Jews marry Jews, thats the way the world works.
    The Irish Times and some silly thinktank in Washinton are the only people interested in this nonsense( and you of course, PC numpty that you are.)

So the answers weren't to your liking so you dismiss it. If Breitbart published info stating contrary position would you dismiss that too?
    We saw this on the Presidential debates, who wouldnt have a problem with travellers setting up camp near them. Without even blushing the Presidential candidate bar Peter Casey said they wouldnt have an issue. Hopefully all this individuals will have a halting site installed in their locality soon.

It's a dreadful question and it shouldn't be asked because it perpetuates the attitude that there is something inherently wrong with all Travellers which is clearly not the case.
    Same with asking people would they mind their daughter marrying a Muslim, who wouldnt advise their daughter against a move like this. Who wants their daughter to have to dress up like a walking birdcage and have no rights in a Muslim country.

Not all Muslim women dress up like a 'walking birdcage' as you so eloquently put it but if you bothered your ar$e to educate yourself you'd probably know that. You also seem to have great difficulty in understanding the point of the survey and the figures and crucially that it gives lie to the statements in your post.

Lastly did you mange to work out how Travellers aren't held accountable for crime yet are in jail in high numbers - you seem to ignore that post earlier.

nope, just simple good old facts that most people in those countries aren't bigoted toards muslims and jews.

yet. it's irrelevant either way and proves absolutely nothing. out of interest when you refer to "drug crazed unemployed layabout muslims" are you refering to the few who have commited terrorist attacks, or as i suspect, all muslims? because the reality would disprove the latter, and probably parts of the former.

they don't agree with him.

well no, they couldn't really. being in the ira wouldn't guarantee that one was involved in any of the killings.

The drug crazed unemployed layabout Muslims refers only to the Muslims who carried out the attacks. While professing disdain in their racial attitudes towards white people and their drinking of alcohol these hypocrites spent the day in bars drinking and taking drugs. The Muslim youth are over represented in the prison population in France, they live in ghettoes, dont assimilate and then blame French society for the fact that their lives are horrible.

Now, what does this remind me of, hmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

it is being proposed that children should learn about traveler culture and history so that people can understand where travelers came from and learn the trials and tribulations of this ethnic minority throughout history.

I'll be honest here. I have no interest in my kids being taught that it's common for male travellers to fight bare fisted on back roads to sort out family disputes.
    I don't feel they need to learn that education is not considered essential for travellers.
    I don't know what relevance there is to knowing that travellers like to marry early and that a woman's place is in the home/caravan.

The drug crazed unemployed layabout Muslims refers only to the Muslims who carried out the attacks. While professing disdain in their racial attitudes towards white people and their drinking of alcohol these hypocrites spent the day in bars drinking and taking drugs. The Muslim youth are over represented in the prison population in France, they live in ghettoes, dont assimilate and then blame French society for the fact that their lives are horrible.

Now, what does this remind me of, hmmmmmmm

Have you lived in France?

Do you know any of these people?

• Advertisement

Ms Cash has expressed hatred towards our democratically elected Government. its impossible to listen to her screeching for more than two seconds but the vitriol is there.

In her situation hardly surprising although if you could post her comments we could judge for ourselves if it's hatred and not just frustration and anger and on that front she'd be with hundreds of thousands of people who are homeless or on hospital trolleys or waiting lists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

listermint wrote: »
    Your not centerist I've read your posts.

Very heavy on the right wing.

And yes you come across as a very angry person Which is why my post triggered you to respond . It actually caught something in you. So you can't out with the classic... You don't have to be here.

Why are you so negative? Are your friends and family this way? Do you carry this stuff around all the time

All 90/100something of them? Then you arrived at the prognosis you gave. You're funny, slightly condescending but funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Oh, well then we have a huge problem in this country with people camping on other's land.

No we haven't. But if saying it as a truth and someone says it's illegal to say it then there's a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Many of them seem to be of the high decibel variety, and say nothing but repeat shyte at high volume on a loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,990 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

any proof the poster is a "pc numpty" or is this even more of the makey uppy nonsense.

nobody, but given all muslims don't dress like that, your inaccurate rant means jot.
    your link is just so nonsensical. Muslims marry Muslims and Jews marry Jews, thats the way the world works.

no, no it really isn't. people marry who they like these days.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

So the answers weren't to your liking so you dismiss it. If Breitbart published info stating contrary position would you dismiss that too?

It's a dreadful question and it shouldn't be asked because it perpetuates the attitude that there is something inherently wrong with all Travellers which is clearly not the case.

Not all Muslim women dress up like a 'walking birdcage' as you so eloquently put it but if you bothered your ar$e to educate yourself you'd probably know that. You also seem to have great difficulty in understanding the point of the survey and the figures and crucially that it gives lie to the statements in your post.

Lastly did you mange to work out how Travellers aren't held accountable for crime yet are in jail in high numbers - you seem to ignore that post earlier.

I cant tell you how Ms Cash is walking around and helping her self to clothes without paying for them, its very lax of Penneys security staff to let anyone walk out the door with three hundred euros worth of clothes but there you go.
    It would appear that maybe travellers who commit more serious crimes than relieving stores of hundreds of euros worth of clothes are in prison. I cant help you anymore. Maybe if you put in a freedom of information request you can find out the proportion of travellers who are in jail and what they are there for.

Klonker wrote: »

Yep a failed pointless party going no where. You can vote for Keith Redmond - jumped ship from FG to Renua - likely to lose his seat in the locals next year, despicable individual but right up your street I'd say.

Oh they won't drop the anti abortion, anti woman stance but fire away with backing their misogyny.

No we haven't. But if saying it as a truth and someone says it's illegal to say it then there's a problem.

Well, as a defence it is quite weak imo. But maybe he will try that if he gets charged.

All 90/100something of them? Then you arrived at the prognosis you gave. You're funny, slightly condescending but funny.

Not trying to be condescending. I'm trying to comprehend why people are so negative. I couldn't fathom being that way.

Jesus it's like why bring the world down a few notches.

There's no need for it. So what is it that makes people do it.

We all have families would you want your kids going around with this sort of bile outlook on life

I wouldn't. No thanks which is why I question people on it. And why I respond to posters that subscribe to it.

If one person stops and says actually yeah he might have a point there's no need for this unadulterated anger at everything. Then I've at least impacted someone for a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Not the best of performances by Casey last night, but an absolute mess for Tubs and the Pavee Point idiots that tried to ambush Casey

Only one of these 3 parties are looking to be elected though...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement