Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

They should have wheeled out the 'nice reasonable knacker' that was on the Brendan O Connor show last week.

Instead, they drew in ignorant Pavees to the 'discussion' .

CLOSE DOWN PAVEE POINT RIGHT NOW!

Ignorant cretins, the lot of them!

See it as an investment to the future of the country.

some journalist should investigate how much of our tax dollars they are getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Just because Peter Casey pays tax in dollars rather than Euro, you shouldn't assume everybody else in Ireland does too.

Or perhaps you should stick to a US forum, where it seems you'd be more at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Go on, ill humour you, draw us the timeline of how this happened?

I was kind of thinking the same, where did this come from, I know we're all giving out about Tubridy but bringing this into it is just off the wall

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Just because Peter Casey pays tax in dollars rather than Euro, you shouldn't assume everybody else in Ireland does too.

Or perhaps you should stick to a US forum, where it seems you'd be more at home.

what are you talking about i am from russia

• Registered Users Posts: 28,988 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Weird how you people who hate Casey are the ones most obsessed with him.

Still rattled after he got 20% of the vote?

no, as it was only 20% . 80% rejected him and his ideology.
    They should have wheeled out the 'nice reasonable knacker' that was on the Brendan O Connor show last week.

Instead, they drew in ignorant Pavees to the 'discussion' .

CLOSE DOWN PAVEE POINT RIGHT NOW!

Ignorant cretins, the lot of them!

See it as an investment to the future of the country.

and how do you think they are going to be closed down? it's not going to happen.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

I'd say there's some ignorant pigs scoffing in the trough there.

Lots of 'educated' ignorant swines with a strong bang of 'their rights' about them.

I wish they would go away from us. just go away.

Just let us get on with our lives in a reasonable way.

Cut off the fat self-entitled self-serving ignorant pig's gravy train Leo.

Do us all a favour, for a change.

CLOSE DOWN PAVEE POINT NOW!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Go on, ill humour you, draw us the timeline of how this happened?
    "Tubridy started in broadcasting at the age of 12, reviewing books for the RTÉ 2FM show Poporama presented by Ruth Buchanan"

From his wikipedia. I don't know too many 12 year olds who land a gig in RTE.
    Tubridy is inside the tent, they look out for their own. He's about as far removed from the average Paddy as Mark Zuckerberg and a child on the trocaire box. Tonight is probably one of his only encounters with travellers in his entire life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

"Tubridy started in broadcasting at the age of 12, reviewing books for the RTÉ 2FM show Poporama presented by Ruth Buchanan"

From his wikipedia. I don't know too many 12 year olds who land a gig in RTE.
    Tubridy is inside the tent, they look out for their own. He's about as far removed from the average Paddy as Mark Zuckerberg and a child on the trocaire box. Tonight is probably one of his only encounters with travellers in his entire life.

What, that's a big leap to make a political connection there lad, get back on topic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Omackeral wrote: »
    Such rich culture. In front of a Garda Station no less, absolute animals. The children have no fcuking chance when they're screamed at to record this sh*t.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=578171705950920&id=100012742868144
    End of Days stuff .

Zombie apocalypse .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Travellers are causing lots of problems in Britain .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

"Destroy all the evidence of who you are!!!!"

He's really able to give that advice as a registered solicitor?

The Traveller's idea of a man of the law. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    I'll presume you're just as outraged at the entire settled community of Ireland for the murder in Athy, the murder in Foxrock, the murder of Gareth Hutch and the abduction and rape in Ringsend, etc.

Add in any amount of crimes committed by members of the settled community.

I guess, by your logic, the only conclusion one can come to is that settled people are scum.

The entire traveller community numbers 30,000.

Remind us what percentage of the prison population they make up. I have forgotten.

That fat traveller girl was shouting at him afterward, and she was being quite aggressive. She did not come across well at all.

I actually think RTE and their traveller partners in crime missed a trick. They really should have got some travellers that could actually speak properly and have manners, and put them in the audience. Like that Beanz Ward fella.

Or Margaret Cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Didn't watch it, knew it was going to be a hatchet job. Looking at Twitter this morning, WOW! RTE are getting hammered for it. Search #PeterCasey or #LateLate and you can barely find a thing that still goes against Casey.

The political media establishment are very, very, very worried. They are panicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I see on Twitter Jennifer Maguire / Zamadildo claims she had a conversation with Peter Casey after the show and asked him about direct provision (the mind boggles) and claims he had no answer.
    He responded that it was a complete lie and they never spoke.
    She's in the RTE family now. Can't see her being too happy if a bunch of travellers moved next door to her in Ranelagh.....
    And we are paying her wages!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I see on Twitter Jennifer Maguire / Zamadildo claims she had a conversation with Peter Casey after the show and asked him about direct provision (the mind boggles) and claims he had no answer.
    She's in the RTE family now. Can't see her being too happy if a bunch of travellers moved next door to her in Ranelagh.....

She is talentless and one of these girls who constantly wants people to laugh at her unfunny jokes.

High maintenance.

In the cushy RTÉ nest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Just watched the interview was expecting worse

Casey really isn't impressive, he has few answers and speaks like a kid who has been half media trained but only remembers mid sentence.
    As a few gave said on here if he wanted to fight back and be nasty he had so many chances - how inclusive are travellers of LGBT, how many are in jail, what's your salary Ryan etc.a few open goals missed

That said I think some of his ideas aren't too bad, helping the working class isn't a natter of taking from welfare, tubirtys binary us vs them world is too thick to see that. Incentivising work doesn't need to mean cutting welfare

The whole thing is much ado about nothing to be honest, the originals comments weren't racist or even that contraversial if you take the whole media ****e away and out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Just watched the interview was expecting worse

Casey really isn't impressive, he has few answers and speaks like a kid who has been half media trains but only remembers mid sentence.
    As a few gave said on here if he wanted to fight back and be nasty he had so many chances - how inclusive are travellers of LGBT, how many are in jail, what's your salary Ryan etc.a few open goals missed

That said I think some of his ideas aren't too bad, helping the working class isn't a natter of taking from welfare, tubirtys binary us vs them world is too thick to see that. Incentivising work doesn't need to mean cutting welfare

The whole thing is much ado about nothing to be honest, the originals comments weren't racist or even that contraversial if you take the while media ****e away and out of it.

Yeah he really isn’t very articulate.

If there was someone who was able to convey his opinions properly they would do well.

But I still admire what he said and for standing by his opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭listermint

mfceiling wrote: »
    Wrong. The left have made a complete balls of things.
    Why do you think Trump, Brexit and the rise of the far right in Europe has happened?
    Because the left have pushed their agendas on to people until they've said enough.
    For lovers of free speech and democracy the left are very quick to shout down anyone not in agreement with them.
    When British people had fears of immigration and the rise of Islam (which was at odds with the Christian/Church of England values of the country) they were shouted down and called racist or intolerant. Anyone with half a brain could see this would come back to bite some day.
    Merhkel thought it would be a great idea to open the borders to all and sundry. Ordinary citizens weren't happy and voiced concerns....yeah well you're racist and intolerant. Unfortunately again if you don't listen to the people then trouble will rear it's head.
    That's the problem with the left...don't listen to anyone else's concerns and then wonder why they turn on you.

We don't have and never had a left government.

Do you even know what a left government is.?

It's this sort of foolish rethoric that really makes it painful to debate with someone.

Here is the real problem people like you labelling centerist governments as left. People like you labelling anything that isn't ultra conservative as left. Anything remotely social is left. If you had your way we'd have no healthcare at all like people in the States.

You are devisive you are deviding people your rethoric your pretending to be the victim. Oh no people won't let me say what I want to say.

Heres a news flash for you. We live in an open democracy. No one is keeping you down.no one is stopping you saying anything you want. There is no reality that backs up your statements.

If you view not being a prick in public as being too liberal then I'd scratch my head at what sort of nation you want to live in. Because there is people that fought and died for the freedom you have today and they are ten times the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,214 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Couldn't possibly be Casey lying no?

Straight to media conspiracy :pac:

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Couldn't possibly be Casey lying no?

Straight to media conspiracy :pac:

Sure tis the media. Isn't it.

And those celebs, who are they to be commenting on normal people stuff sure they aren't people.

Sure the oul deep state.

Must be the EU, Angela Merkel has Michael D in her pocket. They are all out to get me.

In some way I haven't really articulated yet but I'm being surpressed...

Who cares if he doesn't know about direct provision? He doesn't even know the price of milk....

Who cares if he doesn't know about direct provision? He doesn't even know the price of milk....

An awareness of highly topical political issues is kinda par of course for political life.

Erm ....?

listermint wrote: »
    An awareness of highly topical political issues is kinda par of course for political life.

Erm ....?

I would assume most would acknowledge he isn't exactly a political mastermind

• Registered Users Posts: 23,214 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

But most (here at least obviously not the actual majority of Irish people) seem to think he is deserving of a political job despite his lack of any ability for the job.

Which is why I'd question his suitability to ambassador our country.

Which was the job he was applying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

https://youtu.be/ThMli08zEMk

Pavee point please come on here and explain to us what is going on here, outside a garda station no doubt

This was posted some pages back.

Who cares what pavee point have to say . Everyone agrees they are terrible at whatever it is they say they are doing. I.e representing travellers needs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Yer wan in the middle of the two who talked looked like a wild piece. Anyone else get the sense that the people asked to speak had a touch of the "house negro" about them?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=house%20nigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

https://twitter.com/RTEOne/status/1058479139315965952

So Tubridy is nice to the globalist, open borders hack who wants everyone vegan and who has never worked in her life; a complete intellectual charlatan for a group of people that don't have Irish interests in mind, yet he tries to play the tough lad on Casey?

Casey came out of that mess well.

He's doing what Trump does in relation to media:

1: Say something true or what is seen to be true in a hilarious way.
    2: Get the left/the media to freak the fùck out over it.
    3: Hold your position, let them make an arse of themselves, and let people see how much of a freak these people are.
    4: More people come over to your position/agree with you.

Case in point:

https://twitter.com/Donal_OKeeffe/status/1058505518854094848

He will gain in popularity after this and if he follows the above pattern, he'll do even better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement