Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whiskey

• 25-10-2018 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of trying a whiskey havent had one in years .I only ever drank powers and bushmills but never really liked them ...Can anyone recommend a nice one that would be easy to drink

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Not much point buying an expensive bottle if you may not like it.
    You should and yourself if you would like the peaty taste of Scotch or something smoother like an Irish whiskey.
    Will you try it neat or with a small drop of water? Some drinkers like a bit of ice, others don't.

I enjoy neat Jameson as a regular drink. A bottle will cost about €25-30.
    It's good quality without being mad expensive. You can obviously spend more than this.
    You could get one of those gift sets with three small baby bottles and try them e.g. Teeling or some top class Irish Distillers...
    https://www.obrienswine.ie/single-pot-still-gift-4-x-50ml.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I'm thinking of trying a whiskey havent had one in years .I only ever drank powers and bushmills but never really liked them ...Can anyone recommend a nice one that would be easy to drink

Inishmore Honey Liqueur Whisky or Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey might be enjoyable if Powers and Bushmills didn't do the trick. If you don't like either of them have an Irish coffee.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

I'd recommend West Cork 10 year old single malt.

It's great value at €30 in Dunes and a smooth light tasting whiskey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,156 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Jameson Crested, you can usually pick it up on offer for under €30.

Bushmills 10 year old single malt, on offer at €38 in Dunnes.

Plus keep an eye out for in Dunnes for their miniature sets.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If you are in Dublin the Celtic Whiskey Shop have a great selection of taster bottles so you could buy a few to try before you invest in a full bottle.

If you are adventurous and like something with a Smokey taste I'd recommend trying Bowmore 12 yr old. I think you can't go wrong with Redbreast 12 year old and Bushmills 12 yr old single malt. Good luck and enjoy the testing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

So far i tried green spot didnt like so maybe irish whiskey arent for me..
    Jack Daniels i liked ...will keep trying until i find my flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭picachu

I wasn't too keen on Greenspot on first taste either.... half way through the bottle i started to appreciate it :)

Maybe try Jameson Caskmates - if you like JD you'll probably like the sweetness in caskmates

also Redbreast is far easier to drink than Greenspot in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I would agree Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition is dangerously easy to drink. Tullamore Dew is also easy going and regularly on offer. If you want try something smokey/peaty then Connemara is currently on offer at O'Briens.

Advertisement