Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jmayo wrote: »
    Well it looks like some of the media and the fooking gimps they have on are playing it that the 20% are rural hicks, not much education, racists and so voted for Casey.

Even fianna fail linked ass***s like Noel Whelan can't help themselves but use the rural voters slant.

And that traveller solicitor (talk about two leeching groups in one) Joyce is on and lists off all the things the poor travellers have to put up with, but he neglected to mention what ordinary decent people have to put up with from them.

At least Fitzmaurice had the cojones to mention some of Casey's voters were the ones not sleeping well in their beds last night.
    Delicious to see those lads hurting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

There seems to be a lack of tallies - is that usual? Or like the turnout not much interest?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

markodaly wrote: »
    No, because that would be a silly silly argument. I did not state that and you know I didn't but I suppose its an easy get out of jail card for you.

I used her as an example, in fact, I said so in my post 'A classic example'.

People like her, demanding more and more is a big problem in this country. She is a symptom of what is wrong. There is deep-seated entitlement in the country across much of our society. Yet you want to introduce NHS style health service in the country. Good luck to that when we can't even sack the dross in the HSE to make way for more frontline staff, see that sense of entitlement again.... but yea ignore it away and tell us all your grand visions for Ireland from that University College Cork ivory tower of yours. Us plebs will listen and say 'Yes mam' like good Catholics of the past.

Of course you dont because that would make the argument a dead rubber for you. Best talk around the problems eh?

Feel better now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I think I would be on the same lines as yourself on that (as I suspect many would).

To be honest neither left or right are "well represented, the left are a bunch of jokers!

I certainly agree about the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

jmayo wrote: »
    Well it looks like some of the media and the fooking gimps they have on are playing it that the 20% are rural hicks, not much education, racists and so voted for Casey.

Even fianna fail linked ass***s like Noel Whelan can't help themselves but use the rural voters slant.

And that traveller solicitor (talk about two leeching groups in one) Joyce is on and lists off all the things the poor travellers have to put up with, but he neglected to mention what ordinary decent people have to put up with from them.

At least Fitzmaurice had the cojones to mention some of Casey's voters were the ones not sleeping well in their beds last night.
    It's an attempt to put the toothpaste back into the tube to be honest.

Every single one of those media commentators should be asked the following questions:

Would you let your children trick or treat in an encampment?
    Would you be happy to leave your car parked for a week in an encampment?
    Would you object to an encampment next door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I
    Since 2001 they have received over 1 billion from taxpayers money.

When questioned if this was a good use of taxpayer money Minister Creed claimed "Bord na gCon [Irish Greyhound Board] estimates that the greyhound industry employs over 10,300 people" but quickly had to withdraw that by announcing "Bord na gCon has informed me that it currently directly employs 128 full time staff and approximately 720 part time staff".

128 f/t and 720 p/t employees = 16 million from the taxpayer. :mad:

I hope your not a teacher because your math is terribly off.

Horse racing in Ireland is a €2 Billion industry, employs 28,000 people both directly and indirectly.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/19/sport/horse-racing-ireland-brian-kavanagh/index.html

A €61 million to support such an industry is to anyone is a good investment. But then again the likes of Brid Smith with their old school Marxism and class warfare dont give a **** about all this, they just view the industry through the eyes of class.

If this is what you envisage of what left-wing is, then no wonder the exit poll had them at 1%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

About time this thread got serious
    Now THIS is an important decision....
    Without a doubt....the boots, They are fab!

Feel better now?

So you are just here to be contrarian. Ducking and diving the hard question. Surprises me not that you wont pin your flag to a mast like most 'left' wingers you want your cake and eat it.

I want the NHS in Ireland.
    But I have no idea on how to pay for it.
    Fools gold sums you up.

I hope your not a teacher because your math is terribly off.

Horse racing in Ireland is a €2 Billion industry, employs 28,000 people both directly and indirectly.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/19/sport/horse-racing-ireland-brian-kavanagh/index.html

A €61 million to support such an industry is to anyone is a good investment. But then again the likes of Brid Smith with their old school Marxism and class warfare dont give a **** about all this, they just view the industry through the eyes of class.

If this is what you envisage of what left-wing is, then no wonder the exit poll had them at 1%.

I'm not an American so I don't do math at all.

And I mainly commented on greyhound racing but sure go ahead. You seem to need to get a lot off your chest.

So you are just here to be contrarian. Ducking and diving the hard question. Surprises me not that you wont pin your flag to a mast like most 'left' wingers you want your cake and eat it.

I want the NHS in Ireland.
    But I have no idea on how to pay for it.
    Fools gold sums you up.

That's it sweetie.
    Get it all out.
    It's not good for your mental health to bottle it all up.

Maybe when you have calmed down we can have a discussion where you don't try and insult me but until then you just vent k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Never once is the question ever asked as to where their taxes went and is it maybe possible that those taxes are being spent on other people who have allowed themselves to become too dependent on the state for everything. 1.7 million spent on Traveller's houses that they wont even occupy - How many operations would that have paid for I wonder.

Remember as well that the houses were built together as little mini estate to accommodate one family of travellers.
    How many people on the social housing list get to demand newly built houses exactly where they want them and right beside their friends and family? And yet they were not even good enough....

And people say that travellers don’t get special treatment? Pull the other one.

By the way living together ina little mini estate does nothing for integration with other members of the community... state sponsored ghettos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

And I mainly commented on greyhound racing but sure go ahead. You seem to need to get a lot off your chest.

Seems more like you using dodging tactics when presented with facts to be honest!

You work in education, do you not?

No wonder the kids today are clueless Zombies.

and tell us all your grand visions for Ireland from that University College Cork ivory tower of yours. Us plebs will listen and say 'Yes mam'

How are things on planet angry today? Is this a spoonful of anti-intellectualism being added to the boiling broth as well? Any public servant bashing yet? We could follow Jeremy Clarkson’s advice and have them publicly executed.......

That's it sweetie.
    Get it all out.
    It's not good for your mental health to bottle it all up.

Maybe when you have calmed down we can have a discussion where you don't try and insult me but until then you just vent k.

Oh I want to have a discussion, but you just want to go home with the ball because the game has not panned out the way you expected.

So, ill go easy.

You want an Irish NHS, how are we to pay for it?
    The floor is yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Pretzill wrote: »
    I don't think that is fair. He is not the oldest president in history.

Pretty sure it’s fair to point out a probability... we all die, pointing out that we’ve just elected a 77 year old isnt exactly a matter of fairness. Anyways, he won’t have to worry about nursing home fees, we’ve just picked up the tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Are you not going to make a donation to Pavee Point?

Glazers Out!

You work in education, do you not?

No wonder the kids today are clueless Zombies.

That's the spirit!

Don't forget to breathe.

Oh I want to have a discussion, but you just want to go home with the ball because the game has not panned out the way you expected.

So, ill go easy.

You want an Irish NHS, how are we to pay for it?
    The floor is yours.

How do we pay for the health service now?

The HSE has an annual budget of 16 billion.
    If we cannot provide an NHS style service with that amount of money then it's not my 'math' that's the problem.
    We pay agency nurses 20% more than those directly employed. That is insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Not a big fan of labelling either to be honest, I have lots of different views on lots of different topics, one size never fits all.

But again, there is a gap for the right wing in Ireland, our partys tend to be either centre, or left wing. The right is very poorly represented here and as such there is an opportunity.

I don't know where you stand, but I'm not even saying that this is necessarily a good thing, I tend to favour right wing economics but not social policy, so I wouldn't have a whole lot to gain anyway.

Fine Gael should be that party, but they are too busy clinging into power by any means necessary

Varadkers about turn on "for those who get up early" has lost them my vote for the next GE at least. If he had stood up to FF or whoever based on wanting to keep that promise and the government had collapsed I suspect they would have done very well at the next election.

Next GE I will be more likely to go for someone who does good local work as I don't like any of the parties current positions.(and policies will be decided by the media agenda of the day anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

gaius c wrote: »
    You're a dab hand at statistics it seems.

How ate you getting on with these ones?

The all black schools are in West Dublin.
    Take a spin in your car to Tyrellstown about 230pm on any school day.
    Check out daily court reports and see the proportion of non natives up on all charges including welfare fraud, insurance fraud, theft, money laundering, rape and other sexual abuse charges, domestic violence, spouse and partner murder.

The information is there but none so blind as those who can’t see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Connors tweet is over the top, but he is right about one thing. Populist politics has worked in the US and UK recently, and this is only going to embolden the far right to start whipping up hatred to get backing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,751 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So what travellers and others criticised Peter Casey for doing that person in the tweet has more or less done the same by casting all politicians as racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭ozmo

Anyone else catch this?

Vote counter on RTE puts on wrong Pile.. :)

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Connors tweet is over the top, but he is right about one thing. Populist politics has worked in the US and UK recently, and this is only going to embolden the far right to start whipping up hatred to get backing.

Populist politics isn't a right wing only thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Did you answer the question re health insurance for your father Bannaside.

You moaned that the consultant wouldn’t admit him to a private hospital so does he have a good quality VHI policy that covers private hospitals.

If not he has no right to a bed in a private hospital, those beds are for people who pay a thousand euros for health insurance.

tretorn wrote: »
    The all black schools are in West Dublin.

Those damn Kiwis coming over here taking our schools. :mad:

tretorn wrote: »
    Did you answer the question re health insurance for your father Bannaside.

You moaned that the consultant wouldn’t admit him to a private hospital so does he have a good quality VHI policy that covers private hospitals.

If not he has no right to a bed in a private hospital, those beds are for people who pay a thousand euros for health insurance.

I answered.
    He has the top VHI package.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

hurler32 wrote: »
    It’s becoming quite clear that Casey is getting huge votes in areas where there are travellers as these areas are beating the brunt of traveller crime and robbing . Hearing 45-46 % of the vote in parts of Limerick
    It’s alright saying travellers are great people if your living in donnybrook or foxrock where there aren’t any .
    Surely Foxrock and Donnybrook are offering Halting sites as we speak .

Their spokes persons are all over the airwaves proclaiming how much they want to live next to travellers .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement