Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome Our New Moderator - mickger844posts

• 23-10-2018 8:49am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Please give a great big Weather Forum welcome to our new moderator mickger844posts!!!

mickger844posts has kindly agreed to join the mod team just in time for winter (and the usual craziness)!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Nice one :) and welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sher what Waterford know about the weather? :p

Fair play and best of luck Mick, may the snow be with you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Welcome, mickger844posts.

Get on your Damarts for the Winter & get stuck in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Welcome to modship.

I'm getting the first stupid question out of the way...Will it snow on my road in February and will it be okay to fly on that day?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Welcome to the madhouse. If some of the advance forecasts are to be believed, it's gone to be an interesting sleigh ride for the next few months.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Welcome mickger844posts !

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Just in time for all the madness in the coming months lol fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride mickger844posts :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You better bring us snow mickger844posts......

And welcome :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Welcome mickger844posts!

I hope your first Winter as a Weather mod proves to be as eventful as my first winter in terms of snow storms!

Hopefully plenty of snow for all of us to enjoy this winter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Grand addition to Weather Mod Team indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pointless addition at this time of year - Waterford's snow shield will be in place soon

2Mosj.jpg

(the late snow this year obviously caught everyone out in the Deise Anti-Snow Facility)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Better bring snow like Gonzo did or you'll go down as the worst mod ever.. No pressure :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Pointless addition at this time of year - Waterford's snow shield will be in place soon

2Mosj.jpg

(the late snow this year obviously caught everyone out in the Deise Anti-Snow Facility)! :D

That shield has been blown away forever after the copious amounts of snow this year. Not forgetting snow from a North Westerly in December 2017:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I always thought it was Mickjagger884

• Registered Users Posts: 14,280 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

He's a modest guy, he has a lot more than 844 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Welcome mickger844posts! Best of luck, you'll be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I never trust anyone on boards until they explain their username...

Well mickger844posts?

Oh and good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭mobil 222

Welcome Mickger, Just one question !!!
    'Will it be ok for me to travel tomorrow'
    ' I am flying on Easter Sunday will there be snow '

Sorry that was two questions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

He's a modest guy, he has a lot more than 844 posts.

:D For those wondering about the name i was originally mickger on Boards but in 2010 i believe Boards were hacked and they asked everyone to reset their passwords.
    I didn't have access to the email address i used to set up the account so basically i had to set up a new account to continue on Boards.
    So i kept the mickger part of the name and added my final post number on that account which was 844.

So here i am many posts later ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Lilly Freezing Sage

Typical... We get a new mod and it's now going to rain.... forever:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

so do you like Brennans or Pat the Baker????

sparrowcar wrote: »
    I never trust anyone on boards until they explain their username...

Well mickger844posts?

Oh and good luck:)

Well that exempts me (from having to explain) ...:)

Three rules for moderators:

Always Be Checking

Often Be Deleting

Sometimes Be Drinking

so do you like Brennans or Pat the Baker????

None of the above. Like to keep the Carbs to a minimum :D

Make that four, Never Be Apologizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭jirafa

Nice one ....... mickger844posts ... I'm sure it will be all plane sailing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Fair play to you, the weather forum can be worse than after hours at times,best of luck.
    You will need it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ZX7R wrote: »
    Fair play to you, the weather forum can be worse than after hours at times,best of luck.
    You will need it

JGS6oKW.gif

:D

Advertisement