Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

S max, 3rd row seating.

Options
  • 20-10-2018 12:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hi.

In regard to s max and indeed all these type cars with a 3rd of seating.

The 3rd row, I presume only children of a certain age can sit in these seats. I.e. the children have to have grown out of boosters etc ??
    Or can a booster indeed be used in the 3rd row seats?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Hi.

In regard to s max and indeed all these type cars with a 3rd of seating.

The 3rd row, I presume only children of a certain age can sit in these seats. I.e. the children have to have grown out of boosters etc ??
    Or can a booster indeed be used in the 3rd row seats?

I know with the Ford Galaxy of 2006-2015 you can get 2 adults into the 3rd row, so the S-Max being only slightly smaller I reckon you could manage that also. Kids in booster seats can also sit back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

You can use boosters in the 3rd row of an S Max. The seats don’t have isofix, so you just need to strap them in with the seatbelt. But they’re fully functioning seats that can take a child or adult.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Thanks.

Overall, is the s max a reliable car?

Thinking of 2015, but I see a new one came out in 2016. Worth the extra money to go for 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ford are fairly reliable across the board.

Up to you with newer model if you feel the need for it and if you plan on selling on at some point it would help.

Thanks.

They are a big enough ‘block’ of a thing and heavy I presume.
    Is MPG fairly crap?

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Is MPG fairly crap?

anyone on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Thanks.

Is MPG fairly crap?

I had a spin in the 2016 model (2llitre 180hp) and it was a very nice cab.

I'm coming from a 5 series 3litre f10 model so to give you some comparison.
    Not sure on mpg but it was a lot better than my 42mpg for mine.
    Just be aware that sync 2 was still standard on the initial 2016 models etc so they lack carplay or android play etc..that was only introduced later on for sync 3 models which came very late 2016/early 2017.
    But I have to say I'd definitely looking at getting one early next year.

The UK have a great stock and one guy on here brought in a 2017 smax vignale for I think it was 27k cleared.

Blazer wrote: »
    I had a spin in the 2016 model (2llitre 180hp) and it was a very nice cab.

I'm coming from a 5 series 3litre f10 model so to give you some comparison.
    Not sure on mpg but it was a lot better than my 42mpg for mine.
    Just be aware that sync 2 was still standard on the initial 2016 models etc so they lack carplay or android play etc..that was only introduced later on for sync 3 models which came very late 2016/early 2017.
    But I have to say I'd definitely looking at getting one early next year.

The UK have a great stock and one guy on here brought in a 2017 smax vignale for I think it was 27k cleared.

Thanks. 180 bhp - nice, plenty poke there.

42+ mpg is also decent.

Thanks.

Is MPG fairly crap?

Any more real world comments on MPG?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

I ran a 2008 2.0 140 bhp diesel model for 10 years, 400,000 km.

Averaged close to 7.0 l/100km or 40 mpg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

About the same for my current 2010 2.0 140 bhp diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭BnB

Quite similar - We had a 2007 2.0 140bhp, which I bought in the UK when it was a year old and we kept it for 9 years.

It was an absolutely rock solid family car. We did have one big issue in that we had to put a new gearbox into it when it was only about 2 or 3 years old - but then apart from that it never gave trouble at all.

MPGs I'm not really sure as it was my wife drove it most of the time and we never really measured it. But it certainly wasn't noticeably bad

We probably would have bought a new one last year if the sales staff in local Ford dealer hadn't been so utterly utterly shoite (I visited the showroom 3 times looking for a quote and never once got anyone to get back to me). We ended up getting a VW Tiguan allspace this year instead.

I would say that the back 2 seats are for kids only. Yes an adult can fit in them but they wouldn't be that comfortable, particularly for a long journey. If you want to fit adults in the back row, you need to go the next size up to a Galaxy or something like that.

The other thing I would say about them is that when the back two seats are up, you still have a fairly usable space behind them for a boot. A lot of other cars in the sector, when you use the back two seats, they go right up to the back window and you have feckall space behind them.

But in general, if you are looking around 2014 - 2015 I think they are the best people carrier in the market

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I forget the MPG but we had a 09 SMax for 5 years, did everything, the short runs the long ones, never an issue of any description, rock solid.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement