Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport T1

Options
  • 24-10-2018 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before, I cannot find reference to it anywhere.

We are flying out of T1 very early this Saturday morning - we intend being in the airport around 04h00.

Is there anywhere decent for a full Irish breakfast..aside from The Garden Terrace. I checked TripAdvisor for eateries in Dublin Airport, and they ( in their right mind imho ) don't advertise Burger King. So, am wondering is there somewhere one can enjoy a good Irish Breakfast without being ripped off.

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

There is a place down by the 300 gates called refuel Ive heard is very nice a reasonable. Believe its called "Refuel"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,559 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Marquette isn’t bad! It’s on the Departures level before the escalator up to the Garden Terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Marquette isn’t bad! It’s on the Departures level before the escalator up to the Garden Terrace.

+1 - best breakfast at the airport and I recall having a breakfast there just after 4am a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

JeffK88 wrote: »
    There is a place down by the 300 gates called refuel Ive heard is very nice a reasonable. Believe its called "Refuel"

+1 for Refuel (beside gate 301). They do a good full Irish breakfast with tea/coffee for €9.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Don't forget you can always check in at T2 and walk up to T1 once airside, this will give you a few more options in T2 (The Slaney).
    I always do my security clearance in T2 regardless of which terminal I'm flying out of. They're always quicker, more organised and your more likely to be queuing behind business travellers who understand the rules than pissed up Ryanair stag and hen parties who don't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The breakfast in The Slaney is awful and obscenely priced, I generally go to T1 for food when flying from T2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Don't forget you can always check in at T2 and walk up to T1 once airside, this will give you a few more options in T2 (The Slaney).
    I always do my security clearance in T2 regardless of which terminal I'm flying out of. They're always quicker, more organised and your more likely to be queuing behind business travellers who understand the rules than pissed up Ryanair stag and hen parties who don't.

I never knew one could walk into T2 to get to T1. Am flying with Ryanair, would be surely one hell of a walk from T2 to the 300's?

Thanks everyone for the heads up. We will give the Marquette a shot. Anything is better than whats up that escalator imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭VG31

I never knew one could walk into T2 to get to T1. Am flying with Ryanair, would be surely one hell of a walk from T2 to the 300's?

It's not that far from T2 to the 300 gates. Lots of Aer Lingus flights depart from there anyway so plenty of people have to do that walk.

T2 to the 100 gates that Ryanair use is a very long walk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Thanks everyone for the heads up. We will give the Marquette a shot. Anything is better than whats up that escalator imho.

Five minutes walk from T2 to T1 and it's always a lovely feeling when you walk past the back of the security screening area and see the mayhem knowing that you've just avoided it.
    I take a lot of early morning flights and I never have breakfast in any of the restaurants, in fact I don't even go to the lounge anymore, a quick cup of coffee with the free chocolate is all I usually need...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

VG31 wrote: »
    It's not that far from T2 to the 300 gates. Lots of Aer Lingus flights depart from there anyway so plenty of people have to do that walk.

T2 to the 100 gates that Ryanair use is a very long walk though.

Ooops and it's the 100's I'm fyling from on Saturday morning, not the 300's as I said earlier.

Oh well, have to get my hiking boots out so haha

Thanks everyone for the heads up - much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,559 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Ooops and it's the 100's I'm fyling from on Saturday morning, not the 300's as I said earlier.

Marquette is in T1 and nearer the walkway to the 100 gates than the 300s!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Its 1.2km very roughly on Google Maps, add a little bit of back and forth to go up and down bits, and you're probably talking about 1.6km or a mile.

15 - 20 minute walk.

And thats to the very far end of the Ryanair pier.

Advertisement