Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development in Carrickpherish

• 23-10-2018 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all, does anyone know what is happening on the Carrickpherish road opposite the ongoing Frisby construction site? Is it more houses, i cant find anything on the internet about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

08mor wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone know what is happening on the Carrickpherish road opposite the ongoing Frisby construction site? Is it more houses, i cant find anything on the internet about it.

Beside the travellers? If so it is social housing if not isnt there some pharma company building out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 08mor

alta stare wrote: »
    Beside the travellers? If so it is social housing if not isnt there some pharma company building out that way.

I passed that way the other day and there is a site being set up at the moment opposite the new frisby social housing estate, West pharma are further down. Its probably more housing, i am just wondering if its social housing again or mixed development.

08mor wrote: »
    I passed that way the other day and there is a site being set up at the moment opposite the new frisby social housing estate, West pharma are further down. Its probably more housing, i am just wondering if its social housing again or mixed development.

I did hear another development pharma related was happening out that way. Not too sure tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Azatadine

That traveller set up is some dump. I don't know how they thought it was a good idea to set up a halting site on that road which is an entrance to the city. Now there are a few pharma companies just down the road from it and it looks terrible in terms of business visitors. That whole road is pretty bad.

Azatadine wrote: »
    That traveller set up is some dump. I don't know how they thought it was a good idea to set up a halting site on that road which is an entrance to the city. Now there are a few pharma companies just down the road from it and it looks terrible in terms of business visitors. That whole road is pretty bad.

I wouldn't like to be living beside them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

All travellers sites should be very small more than a couple of units and it's like Mogadishu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

who owns all that land they keep their horses on?

When they're not loose on the road....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭dzilla

Great to see Racism alive and well in Waterford :/

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

As far as I have seen, they are laying down a water track, there are putting in 5ft diameter pipes for new water supply.

• Advertisement

dzilla wrote: »

Have you seen the halting site? It's filthy and there were burned out cars there until a few days ago. Horses tied up by the side of the road (with no grass to eat). Those horses are often loose too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Since when did they become a 'race'?

At the very least get your terminology correct!
    Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another,

Ethnic origin kid.

Ethnic origin kid.

Ah, so you do know the word! (thanks grandpa)

That makes your post even worse, that you deliberately used the 'racism' card!

Ah, so you do know the word! (thanks grandpa)

That makes your post even worse, that you deliberately used the 'racism' card!

Why don't you educate yourself before your embarrass yourself any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

You're the embarassing one in fairness. It's not racism when it's all true what's been said

The place is a disgrace up there

Burned out Peugeot 206 in a field across from the halting site

Moved to the fence by the side of the field and two little scrotes beating the shíte out of it with a hammer

Horses literally anywhere - on the road, in fields they don't own

New settlement which I'm sure isn't an officially sanctioned one just up from the school on the opposite side of the road

I feel sorry for anyone who has to live along side this

lassykk wrote: »
    You're the embarassing one in fairness. It's not racism when it's all true what's been said

The place is a disgrace up there

Burned out Peugeot 206 in a field across from the halting site

Moved to the fence by the side of the field and two little scrotes beating the shíte out of it with a hammer

Horses literally anywhere - on the road, in fields they don't own

New settlement which I'm sure isn't an officially sanctioned one just up from the school on the opposite side of the road

I feel sorry for anyone who has to live along side this

Who burnt out the car?

Not to mention the amount of times they rob stuff from the council yard behind it.

Oh my!
    You really are showing yourself up.
    Here is a little help in your education grandpa

The traditional definition of race and ethnicity is related to biological and sociological factors respectively. Race refers to a person's physical characteristics, such as bone structure and skin, hair, or eye colour. Ethnicity, however, refers to cultural factors, including nationality, regional culture, ancestry, and language.

I can only hope you can read and understand that ...... although it might be a forlorn hope.

Oh my!
    You really are showing yourself up.
    Here is a little help in your education grandpa

The traditional definition of race and ethnicity is related to biological and sociological factors respectively. Race refers to a person's physical characteristics, such as bone structure and skin, hair, or eye colour. Ethnicity, however, refers to cultural factors, including nationality, regional culture, ancestry, and language.

I can only hope you can read and understand that ...... although it might be a forlorn hope.

Thanks for the Wikipedia extract. All down to ones interpretation

• Advertisement

Thanks for the Wikipedia extract. All down to ones interpretation

No. Race and ethnicity have different meanings, which you know well.

That you still try to excuse yourself with such says more about your original intent than anything previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Who burnt out the car?

Well, it was burned out in the field where they keep their horses and the young fellas beating it with a hammer walked across the road in front of me from the halting site so I don't think you need to be Sherlock Holmes

They've previously had cars with the windscreens and all the windows smashed at the entrance to the halting site so you're hardly suggesting someone just brings them along to the halting site to give them a bad name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

And also the sulkys going up and down Carrickperish road at all times

They seem to have set up another little area on the other side of the road just above the gaelscoil in the last couple of weeks. Just moved on in. How they are getting away with it is beyond me.

Azatadine wrote: »
    They seem to have set up another little area on the other side of the road just above the gaelscoil in the last couple of weeks. Just moved on in. How they are getting away with it is beyond me.

They get away with it because:

Cops are afraid of them
    Council are afraid of them
    Revenue are afraid of them
    Ethnic group

Pretty much no one can say a bad word about them because the PC brigade start crying. Pavee Point start making noises about inequality bla bla bla.

The reality is, a good chunk of those people are vermin who do as they please while us normal citizen toe the line. Those fu(kers answer to nobody and it is a bloody disgrace. If anyone else done what they do they would be in court or jail in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

I feel sorry for the poor people who paid good money to buy houses in estates like Mount Suir.
    A disgrace that the area has allowed become such a ghetto. The travellers should have been put out of site away from decent people. Somewhere like up by the Roanmore gaa pitch up in gracedieu.

I feel sorry for the poor people who paid good money to buy houses in estates like Mount Suir.
    A disgrace that the area has allowed become such a ghetto. The travellers should have been put out of site away from decent people. Somewhere like up by the Roanmore gaa pitch up in gracedieu.

Are there no decent people living on that road?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

There are decent people living on the road. (and property prices are so low because of the neighbours that its not a bad place to get yourself started)

I myself am not on that road, but close to it and have travelled it several times a day since it was built.

Never had any direct trouble with the travellers... however :

Virtually every square inch of gating and fencing around every field on that stretch taken apart, whether they are permitted to be there or not... held up with string, blocked up with cars etc.. to allow horses in. Several dozen times I have had to slam on the brakes because an untethered horse stepped into the road in front of me.

On 3 separate occasions, I have driven past a burning car at the entrance of the halting site. Memorable because you feel you are getting sunburned despite being 10 metres away from it and in a car going past.

The volume of horse poop is staggering. You are often held up by Sulky's... sometimes going side by side taking both sides of the road.

Debris e.g. broken kids toys, bikes etc.. can be seen 1km in either direction from time to time.

It does rather annoy me when they stop two of their vehicles coming opposite directions outside the site and have a chat through the windows blocking traffic both ways for 3 minutes... this has happened a number of times, most recently last week.

Chased by their dogs whilst they watch whilst on a bike (dogs donn't bother me.. might bother others, kids etc... will likely cause an accident if it hasn't already). Do quite a bit of bicycle mileage >10,000km per year... have had more punctures due to debris on that road (broken glass, nails, metal etc..) around the entrance of the site than I have gotten in all of the roads of Co. Waterford, Kilkenny, Wexford etc.. combined.

No sense of civic pride.. halting site itself is slowly falling apart... they don't look after it at all.. it was fine for the first couple of years and now it is slowly turning into what I imagine the titanic would look like if they raised it from the Seabed.

Like I said at the start.. been there many times, jogging, on a bike in Spandex, driving etc.. never any abuse directed towards me, so definitely not as bad in my opinion as they are made out to be.

However, whatever semantics you use around race, ethnicity etc.. irrelevant...it doesn't really matter to me... because objectively based on what I see every day you won't convince me that they have any respect for other peoples property, the laws of the land, road users, pedestrians, general public safety and indeed their own property (that's the one that is the most alien to me). Not that I haven't seen the exact same thing in settled people from time to time (although rarely as consistently)

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    There are decent people living on the road. (and property prices are so low because of the neighbours that its not a bad place to get yourself started)

I myself am not on that road, but close to it and have travelled it several times a day since it was built.

Never had any direct trouble with the travellers... however :

Virtually every square inch of gating and fencing around every field on that stretch taken apart, whether they are permitted to be there or not... held up with string, blocked up with cars etc.. to allow horses in. Several dozen times I have had to slam on the brakes because an untethered horse stepped into the road in front of me.

On 3 separate occasions, I have driven past a burning car at the entrance of the halting site. Memorable because you feel you are getting sunburned despite being 10 metres away from it and in a car going past.

The volume of horse poop is staggering. You are often held up by Sulky's... sometimes going side by side taking both sides of the road.

Debris e.g. broken kids toys, bikes etc.. can be seen 1km in either direction from time to time.

It does rather annoy me when they stop two of their vehicles coming opposite directions outside the site and have a chat through the windows blocking traffic both ways for 3 minutes... this has happened a number of times, most recently last week.

Chased by their dogs whilst they watch whilst on a bike (dogs donn't bother me.. might bother others, kids etc... will likely cause an accident if it hasn't already). Do quite a bit of bicycle mileage >10,000km per year... have had more punctures due to debris on that road (broken glass, nails, metal etc..) around the entrance of the site than I have gotten in all of the roads of Co. Waterford, Kilkenny, Wexford etc.. combined.

No sense of civic pride.. halting site itself is slowly falling apart... they don't look after it at all.. it was fine for the first couple of years and now it is slowly turning into what I imagine the titanic would look like if they raised it from the Seabed.

Like I said at the start.. been there many times, jogging, on a bike in Spandex, driving etc.. never any abuse directed towards me, so definitely not as bad in my opinion as they are made out to be.

However, whatever semantics you use around race, ethnicity etc.. irrelevant...it doesn't really matter to me... because objectively based on what I see every day you won't convince me that they have any respect for other peoples property, the laws of the land, road users, pedestrians, general public safety and indeed their own property (that's the one that is the most alien to me). Not that I haven't seen the exact same thing in settled people from time to time (although rarely as consistently)

I was referring to the the Gracedieu road where the GAA pitch is that the original poster wants a halting site put out of site. I can count 25 - 30 houses at least on that road. But hey they must not be decent folk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I was referring to the the Gracedieu road where the GAA pitch is that the original poster wants a halting site put out of site. I can count 25 - 30 houses at least on that road. But hey they must not be decent folk.

Sure they must all be from Stonehaven boss :pac:

Advertisement