Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Surfing

Options
  • 19-10-2018 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Did you ever see anyone do it or did you ever do it yourself??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Looks like a very handy way to make a few €'s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭p to the e

You'd want to have a severe brain injury to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

People used to do it in the subway in NYC.

Looks like an accident waiting to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I honestly can't believe what I am reading. 550k for knowingly jumping onto the side of a tram door as it moves.

What did she expect to happen here?

It's honestly official judges have lost there minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The Luas moves far too slowly for this to be any sort of thrill ride, where's your sense of adventure? Assuming this means riding on top of it like I think it does, go InterCity or go home :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

She got a severe brain injury from it ??
    Yet she had a kid recently - hmmm she's only 20, so we can expect she'll have 5 more minimum - no doubt she'll claim an allowance for them (that 500k has other places to be pissed away for sure).
    Unsustainable, Irish society is truly ****ed, and this vermin needs to be removed from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

She got a severe brain injury from it ??
    Yet she had a kid recently - hmmm she's only 20, so we can expect she'll have 5 more minimum - no doubt she'll claim an allowance for them (that 500k has other places to be pissed away for sure).
    Unsustainable, Irish society is truly ****ed, and this vermin needs to be removed from it.
    You sure she got the brain injury and not yourself?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I honestly think the judge should've been given that award because obviously he has some form of a brain injury

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

What judge?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Is there a story or a link here that's missing or am I just silly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

We love rewarding irresponsible behaviour in this country.

hope this is appealed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I could understand a dumbass judge giving money away like that, but why would Veolia settle for that amount out of court?

Half a million approved but I can't see any mention what injuries she got apart from a bump on the head? What is the money supposed to be compensation for? Why didn't Veolia let it go to a ruling?

What judge?

From the new article:
    Approving the settlement, Mr Justice Cross said it was not necessary for the court to tell Ms Kelly she did a “silly thing” as she knew that. However, he commended her for her honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I see the brain trust has become a mother ...shudders

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

At least she knows how to lay on her back.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

What a dump we have become

We must be literally mad to put up with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

No surprise really with that judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Every time one if these stories is put up I think "That's ridiculous. You couldn't get any worse than that". Yet here I am open-mouthed again with a judgement that defies any kind of sense. It's almost excusable that some people don't look where they're walking and get money as a result, but when someone does something incredibly stupid and gets injured, expects somebody else to reward... sorry, compensate ... them for their stupidity, and then the state actually buys this ****... I .... I ... aaaarrgghhh!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,301 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

antodeco wrote: »
    I honestly think the judge should've been given that award because obviously he has some form of a brain injury

The judge made no award.

Strange the amount of people who totally misread the story but are quick to throw in a brain-injury joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Would you have to pay tax on that settlement?

The judge made no award.

Strange the amount of people who totally misread the story but are quick to throw in a brain-injury joke.

He approved the settlement as per the above quote I posted...

It's amazing how many people selectively read an article, and miss a specific quote and are quick to insult a poster..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

She is a stupid person and that child she had will have no chance in life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

It's amazing how many people selectively read an article, and miss a specific quote and are quick to insult a poster..

Can a judge refuse to approve a settlement that has been agreed between plaintiff/defendant? I've never heard of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Utterly disgraceful, there is no way she should have been given money, she fell off the side of the Luas where she should never have been in the first place. Brain injury or no brain injury it was her own fault

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

She is a stupid person and that child she had will have no chance in life

Is she though? Every morning getting up early and squeezing ourselves onto overcrowded public transport, working all day and many times late into the evening saving up so we can afford a tiny house, and if we're lucky, two kids.

She'll be sitting on her fat arse getting a cut of our wages for her entire life. That settlement will get her a nice house next to her mam that she'll probably fill with kids.

Can a judge refuse to approve a settlement that has been agreed between plaintiff/defendant? I've never heard of that happening.

Good point, don't know. My assumption is yes, because otherwise the statement if "approved the settlement" is a moot point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Peter Casey will sort these out in his second term once he boxes off the travellers in his first.

Casey for emporer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

99,999 posts?
    da3e0eeca688.png

Advertisement