Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDR2/Gamestop midnight launch?

• 18-10-2018 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Anyone know of any Gamestop stores opening this Thursday night for a midnight launch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Ring your local one,some will be but not all..

I imagine this game is gonna be 70/30 download/Physical disc split,so shops that have alot of pre-orders will probably open..

Any xbone x bundles?
    could be tempted !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

William St in Limerick is anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Any xbone x bundles?
    could be tempted !

They said on monday they .are

William St in Limerick is anyway.

That could be interesting ,given the characters hanging around there at night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

bigphil2 wrote: »
    That could be interesting ,given the characters hanging around there at night :)

Never had an issue with a midnight launch there! Never any hassle either. Most people wait in cars outside it and only join the queue if it starts getting big.

Never had an issue with a midnight launch there! Never any hassle either. Most people wait in cars outside it and only join the queue if it starts getting big.

thats the sensible way,i heard that one of the Call of Duty Midnight launches in Game on Cruises st years ago, there were some of the local characters hanging around.. i remember there being hassle,not bad just more annoying,i used to work there too.i felt sorry for the lads that worked there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

So those of us that get a physical copy... is the 70GB odd download an actual download or an install thing? How long do large install files like this take for physical copy's? Just asking as i havent bought a PS4 game ina few years, if i gotta wait hours to download/install stuff before play the game on Friday i might get digital instead!!!

Nodferatu wrote: »
    So those of us that get a physical copy... is the 70GB odd download an actual download or an install thing? How long do large install files like this take for physical copy's? Just asking as i havent bought a PS4 game ina few years, if i gotta wait hours to download/install stuff before play the game on Friday i might get digital instead!!!

i think just the patch will download day 1,but dont quote me,if in doubt,go digital.. you can start downloading it straight away

• Nodferatu wrote: »

If you buy physical it could take an hour or two to install from disc. Some reported Spiderman took 50 mins to install from disc and this is bigger. They're saying it comes on two discs so you'll have to swap halfway.

On top of that there will likely be a small day 1 patch which needs to be downloaded...a few gigs I assume. Will not take too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's on 2 blu-rays, so it'll only be the patch that needs to be downloaded!

Advertisement