Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kronenbourg 1664 blanc

Options
  • 26-01-2018 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Presumably Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc launched in Ireland last August. Does anyone know where I can buy a tray of this? I haven't seen it in any supermarkets in Dublin.

If needed I'm happy to drive to Newry if it's available up there too. I think Sainsbury's used sell it but it's not on their website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

re-launched :P

The only place I saw it was in the George

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

I have only ever seen this in Sainsburys, Newry OP

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TheTomahawk

The George probably have it on draught, though. But thanks. I think...

When did you last see it in Sainsbury's Newry?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's only draught and bottled in the Republic, so you won't be able to get a tray of cans. I haven't seen the bottles anywhere: it may be on-trade only too.

Thanks.

Bottles is fine. :-)

Any publicans here know if this is only on-trade in Ireland?

• Advertisement

It appears is available in Sainsbury's in Newry

15x275ml for £11
    4x440ml for £4.75

Availability in Dublin is still preferred, but at least that's an option.

Tomahawk...saw it just before Xmas in Sainsburys. Bottles only, no cans (well, I didn't notice!).

If you looking for them, call sainsburys, they usually very helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭donaghs

The George probably have it on draught, though. But thanks. I think...

When did you last see it in Sainsbury's Newry?

Where are you based? Have you tried contacting decent Dublin off-licensed like Redmond’s it McHughs?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

I love this beer

Love it too but have committed myself to one month AF....why, I do not know :pac: miss my beer!!!

• Advertisement

So it turns out that Sainsbury's sell Kronenbourg 1664, not Kronenbourg 1664 blanc. Annoyingly the guy on the phone didn't tell me that it wasn't blanc, so it was only when I asked the guy at customer services (when I couldn't find it on the shelves) that he confirmed that they don't actually sell 'blanc'. It appears that neither do Tesco, Asda, Dunnes, or anyone else.

That was an unfortunately waste of a tank of petrol.

So, has anyone else any ideas on where I might be able to buy some of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nowhere sells it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Spotted a tap in the bar of terminal one Dublin airport

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Beresford Hotel on Store Street has a tap

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

Seen it on tap at 41bar navan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The gf got a pint of it in pillar bar (lafeyettes) last night, I tried it, thought it was muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cainmia

The Hill Pub in Ranelagh has it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Marker Hotel had some on Wednesday, so it is still definitely around

• Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Saw it recently on Opium on Wexford Street.

It's been pushed by Diageo. There's a chance they might be marketing it as on trade only.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

On tap in Vicar St

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

oblivious wrote: »
    re-launched :P

The only place I saw it was in the George
    The mercantile had it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Is this a pseudo-wit beer like Breo (remember that?!)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jellybean520

This thread is a few months old now but I've got to get hold of this beer somehow.

I'm based in Cork so heading up to Newry for a slab of Blanc isn't an option....although it may come to that.....

I absolutely adore Blanc. A few pubs in Cork had it during 2018 but I assume these were just sampler kegs and once they were consumed, that was the end of it. None of the 3 pubs that had it earlier in the year have it any longer. It's not available in Tesco or any of the other supermarkets. I've not tried off-licences but I'm assuming they would not have it either.

I have no time for the usual dishwater that all pubs stock and everybody seems to drink.

How can I buy this in bottles or cans?

Or does anyone know what pubs in Cork still have it on tap?

I contacted Kronenberg directly a while ago and they told me that this is only available in pubs on tap. They don't sell bottles or cans of blanc, either in pubs or shops, unfortunately. (Despite their advertising showing a bottle...!).

Many pubs so have it, though. But I couldn't tell you which.

Is there a specific email address you have for them? It would be great to get a listing of what pubs have it on tap currently in and around Cork, rather than having to physically go into every pub to check out the taps.....and just be disappointed like I have been doing.

Shame we can't get it in bottles for home use though. I could drink this all day long.....I'm sure that's a bad idea but I find it sooooo refreshing and tasty. I've always been a wheat beer fan anyway. I like Hoegaarden and Blue Moon. I'm not as into the German wheat beers but they are ok.....but when this Blanc showed up, it was love at first taste.....and now it's gone again....at least where I have been drinking.

Is there a specific email address you have for them? It would be great to get a listing of what pubs have it on tap currently in and around Cork, rather than having to physically go into every pub to check out the taps.....and just be disappointed like I have been doing.

I contacted them via Bookface.

[url]Https://facebook.com/1664BlancIreland/[/url]

Cool, thanks. I shall continue on my relentless quest! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Deep South in Cork still have it in draught it's permanent there!

Oh fantastic, thanks. It's been 2 years or more since I was in there but thanks to you, it's time to re-visit. Going to head in tonight!

There's a noticeable stream of drool suddenly trickling down from the left side of my mouth :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement