Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near Thomond Park

Options
  • 14-10-2018 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Probably been done to death but anyway...

Looking for suggestions or advice on where to park for next Saturday's HC game. I will be coming up and down from Dublin. I see there is a Q park in the city centre. Would that be a grand place?

Walking from city centre is grand for us.

Would usually be coming to games from Cork side so not sure where when coming from Dublin and back.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Pepp1989 wrote: »

Looking for suggestions or advice on where to park for next Saturday's HC game. I will be coming up and down from Dublin. I see there is a Q park in the city centre. Would that be a grand place?

Would usually be coming to games from Cork side so not sure where when coming from Dublin and back.

Thanks.

You can park in the Limerick Institute of Technology car park which is right beside Thomand Park and it’s free. I’ve parked there loads of times and I’ve never heard of any issues regarding safety of the cars i.e. break-ins etc

Only thing is that there is not much to do there before the game. Maybe eat first somewhere else and then park there but be aware that it’ll probably fill up quickly before the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

You can park in the Limerick Institute of Technology car park which is right beside Thomand Park and it’s free. I’ve parked there loads of times and I’ve never heard of any issues regarding safety of the cars i.e. break-ins etc

Is it anywhere near Thomond Park though? By the way, it's not free, costs a fiver to park there...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭redved

LIT Literally couldn't be closer, 2 minute walk I'd say. Plenty of park parking in town and walk out would be my preference

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Pepp1989 wrote: »

Thanks.
    Any of car parks in town would be fine. Or get off motorway coming from Dublin at Birdhill and go to Thomond via Birdhill, O Briens Bridge, Parteen.
    You can park in the Limerick Institute of Technology car park which is right beside Thomond Park and it’s free. I’ve parked there loads of times and I’ve never heard of any issues regarding safety of the cars i.e. break-ins etc

Only thing is that there is not much to do there before the game. Maybe eat first somewhere else and then park there but be aware that it’ll probably fill up quickly before the game.
    LIT isnt free for games unless you got there very early on game day.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Any of car parks in town would be fine. Or get off motorway coming from Dublin at Birdhill and go to Thomond via Birdhill, O Briens Bridge, Parteen.

LIT isnt free for games unless you got there very early on game day.

Ah ok. I work on the games (cameras) so I’m there early so that’s the reason i’ve been lucky enough never having to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭leakyboots

LIT is only a fiver, traffic can be heavy enough getting in and out before/after the game, but if you're in no rush it's ideal.

Town is only a 15 min or so walk, plenty of multistoreys. Or you can park at the train station for as long as you want for €4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Car park at Dunnes on Henry Street is right beside the river and you can walk across either Sarsfield or the new bridge from there to Thomond Park, always a bit of craic on the walk to the ground too, it’s about a 10/15 min walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If I'm early for a full house game or going to a low key Pro14 game I try to park close to Ardscoil Rís on the NC road.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,746 ✭✭✭✭phog

On Saturdays there's free on street parking around city hall including the area marked for permit holders, on streets from Mallow St out of town, from The Locke Bar out of town and on the Clare side of the river.

If you're returning to Dublin immediately after the game then I'd suggest avoiding parking too close to the ground as you'll get caught in match traffic unless you head home via Parteen, O'Briensbridge and onto Birdhill.

There isn't much on street parking close to the ground but as mentioned above LIT is an option, turn right as you exit LIT if heading to Parteen as you can go a back road.

PM for details of that route if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Just don't park in the housing estates near Lit the amount of A$$holes that park on green areas and destroy them is beyond a joke. Or park in people's drives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Is it far to walk from the train station to Thomond Park?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Is it far to walk from the train station to Thomond Park?

It's about a 25 min walk.

Advertisement