Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black & White Whisky deal?

Options
  • 13-10-2018 1:23pm

Not a drinker myself but my Mum gets a few bottles of Black & White in every Christmas for visitors etc. It's gotten quite expensive at around €27 a bottle. Is there anywhere that might do better pricewise?

Bizarrely I found a seller on Amazon DE that the total comes to €80 delivered for the 4. Not sure if it's even legal though to get it from Germany?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Customs may retain the German one if found

• Registered Users Posts: 28,259 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I have seen it for €25 in local (Dublin) off licence, but haven't seen it in any supermarkets where you might be able to use vouchers etc

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Yeah think I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and get it from some off licence around town for the full price. Thanks anyway. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Does Dunnes sell it? Think they do

Buy two, get a ten off 50 voucher, buy two the next day with it (they aren't active same day). You may even be able to find a ten off 50 someone doesn't need for the first transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I had a look on Tesco & Sainsbury.. couldn't see black&white.

But I'm sure that if you can find it up north, it'll be a lot cheaper.

Now.. all depends on how often you travel up north.
    I'm sure some off licence up north must sell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,259 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Do let us know if you track it down in Dunnes etc or whereabouts up North.

I have seen it in more pubs in Dublin than offies ... perfect nightcap.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement