Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you buying?

Options
  • 12-10-2018 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭

Now that we are well into the hangover and bear after the insanity last December and January, are you buying and what are you buying? (classically people lose interest in crypto during these "low" periods)

I've been looking at quite a few coins, but one that caught my eye is Elastos. EOS seems constantly mired with issues and hacks (I have no idea how it has that high a cap) but Elastos seems to be an excellent competitor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

BNB. The upwards pressure for that coin is great with the quarterly profit token-burn, trading fees are low, much choice to be had with fairly good liquidity. It's one of the "safer" ones because you know the token's constantly being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

grindle wrote: »
    BNB. The upwards pressure for that coin is great with the quarterly profit token-burn, trading fees are low, much choice to be had with fairly good liquidity. It's one of the "safer" ones because you know the token's constantly being used.

Thanks for the reminder, so many on the "list"

What do you think of Huobi and/or Bibox if you don't mind me asking? Both have decent volumes as exchanges

They're okay if they work out - great if there's a bull-run but Kucoin (the first big Binance competitor with it's own token) had it's volume destroyed once more of these token exchanges popped up and I think the same could happen to them as more of them come online.

Binance has the same kind of first-mover advantage in terms of token-fuelled exchanges that ETH has as a smart contract protocol with most devs revolving around it or like Bitcoin has as the crypto brand. It's the pinnacle right now - maybe more can coexist and flourish if crypto gets bigger but who knows what happens in the meantime? Projects and exchanges can die on the regular if they're not being run properly or they're scammers.

Like any kind of gamble you should place the larger bet on one the most likely to win with smaller bets on some contenders that might turn out good. If they die you lose a small amount of money but Binance probably stays strong, if they pop the windfall likely more than covers the possibility of Binance getting relegated to the B or C-League. Maybe weight the amounts bought depending on cap and volume, definitely figure out exactly what's going on with the token. The Huobi token seems to have excessive requirements for their fee discounts which doesn't bode well for upwards pressure unless you truly believe institutional investors will be attracted to the exchange and use it a lot.

I'd agree, plus Binance seem to have the community strongly on their side due to their due-to-earth decision making. They seem to be very aware of the community and it's needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭beaner92

Not buying yet. I still open a new ETH short every quarter because futures contracts dont roll over. And i will continue to do so until BTC hits 3000 usd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,784 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

beaner92 wrote: »
    Not buying yet. I still open a new ETH short every quarter because futures contracts dont roll over. And i will continue to do so until BTC hits 3000 usd.

When do you think that will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mariomaker

Im riding the ethos (BQX ) wave. I was lucky to ride the OCN wave and sold at the top

I am accumulating icx on the dips (token burn and staking full mainnet approaching by year end).

ICX is been shilled at the moment and has not pumped yet. ICX charts look great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

mainly low volume infrastructure projects with a real high risk but low buy in, low market cap all successfully retesting their resistance turned to support levels.

Unless they absolutely mess up Constantinople, I think Eth is a good buy at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mariomaker

ETH is okay but your not gonna get the returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Just closed swing trades on LSK, ZRX (up near 40% on the surely predictable news of a CB listing after it was already listed on CB Pro?? Was expecting more like 15% max, closed most of my position below that) and DERO (270% in 8 days! Feels a bit like late 2017 again..) this morning.

Still mantaining a position in NANO I bought in the 29300 > 26900 sats range now up 10%+ in 1-3 days, will probably start selling that soon, there's still upside potential there I think for NANO to get to 43-45K sats in the next week.

ICX + OMG - Just bought positions and set lower buy orders for these two, I think they both look prime for a breakout upwards in the next few days as long as BTC doesn't plummet again bringing the market down with it. XVG isn't looking too bad either and historically it has a huge fan-base much like XRP & TRON that makes any break-out a large pump in price but I don't think their tech is all that competitive anymore and the development is very slow so a drop could be on the cards too.

Mariomaker wrote: »
    ETH is okay but your not gonna get the returns.

Any reasoning why? Or in comparison to what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Unless they absolutely mess up Constantinople, I think Eth is a good buy at the moment

Yep sold last week and bought 49 earlier and will dump again at 200..

Advertisement