Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon Coveney Verbally attacked by the Connolly Youth Movement

Options
  • 06-10-2018 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Tensions around the housing crisis reached boiling point in Cork on Monday night after protestors interrupted a Brexit briefing from Tanaiste Simon Coveney.

Security had to be called to a lecture theatre in University College Cork last night after a heated discussion on housing between the Tanaiste and members of the Connolly Youth Movement.

Video of the incident is below
    https://youtu.be/vvOPQ8jUhkA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

The CYM have taken over a semi-derelict vacant building in Cork and have turned it into a habitable space. I went in and visited them last time I was home, I thought they were sound lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Last time I passed by UCC it had had a hell of a lot of money pumped into it over recent years. I passed by my own old college Carlow IT and it has changed completely from the crap 1970s building I attended 20 years ago.

And this guy tells Coveney that he has sh*t on their generation!

Then he talks about failures in their seven years of government, I had emigrated seven years ago things were so bad here, back then we thought we would never have to build a house again and we couldn't pay public servants.

Seriously. F*ck off, spoiled brat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

CYM a crowd of fools. The youth wing of the Communist Party. Enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Edgware wrote: »
    CYM a crowd of fools. The youth wing of the Communist Party. Enough said

Surprised you didn't have your comment deleted like mine was lol

Mod must be a fan of them

Advertisement