Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamespot and Fortnite

Options
  • 06-10-2018 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

So I used to get my gaming news from www.gamespot.com as I found it quite good.

In the last few months though literally every second article is related to Fortnite! Also, their glowing review of the game only raises suspicions.

I wonder have they been paid off or something

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah it's one of the biggest games in the world, so the interest is there. Other games sites are the same. IGN and Nintendo Life also come to mind....

Fortnite does NOT need a leg up from games sites. It's doing fine on its own, whether you like it or not (I assume not!) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Creative83

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah it's one of the biggest games in the world, so the interest is there. Other games sites are the same. IGN and Nintendo Life also come to mind....

Fortnite does NOT need a leg up from games sites. It's doing fine on its own, whether you like it or not (I assume not!) :)

I have nothing against the game at all, not my cup of tea but I do know it's very popular.

But it's coverage on Gamespot is absolutely rediculous. Every second article and every day?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mr E wrote: »

This.

Epic is printing money and I am even shocked to see ads for Fortnite. Why do they even need it?! Everyone knows about, even people who don't play games. I doubt Epic is paying anything to gamespot at all, but gamespot just chasing a dragon as it is hot topic.

As Mr E said: Hate it or love it. Fortnite is big and popular. Important thing is that its still a very good game with very very good business model. Epic deserves every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Fortnite is big and popular. Important thing is that its still a very good game with very very good business model

Finished 4th recently which is my best ever. I wish there was a ranking system where I could play against people who don't play it every day or better still I wish I could play against bots

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Creative83 wrote: »
    I have nothing against the game at all, not my cup of tea but I do know it's very popular.

But it's coverage on Gamespot is absolutely rediculous. Every second article and every day?!

Websites are user driven. If people are reading Fortnite articles, then they'll produce more Fortnite content.

I can't remember what website revealed it, but they talked about why they did so many Destiny articles every day, the readership figures were off the chart for any Destiny article.

I think it was 80% of their pageviews were coming from those articles, and no website is going turn down that kind of traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No paid off, just chasing the clicks. Fortnite is the biggest game in the world, there's a whole generation of kids who play it and nothing else, IGN are just trying to provide the content that the audience they're chasing want.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's the Minecraft of the moment, it's kid friendly and kids are easy to get clicks out of, so it's easy money

Advertisement