Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Flight Training Centre

Options
  • 03-10-2018 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Edit- Atlantic Flight Training Academy

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this school?

I was in touch with them earlier today to enquire about the Ryanair training program.

There is an aptitude test and interview to gain entry to the course, at a few if 500 euro or so, and lasts for 5 hours. The fee if you do get onto the course is 83k with a guaranteed job with Ryanair.

Compare this to the national flight centre charging 75k for an integrated atpl with no affiliation with any airline it doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

It's not a guaranteed job, that's for sure. You will be put forward "if you're good enough" and still have to pass a final interview when finished the training.

Save your money, go modular (and save a ****e load of money) and get into Ryanair the normal way. They're crying out for lads at the moment - regardless of where you do the training.

---

By the way, I love this line.. "Applicants that choose this career path will continue to follow Ryanair’s instructor career path with the airline and can expect to become Ryanair SFI’s & training Captains once qualification criteria are met."

What a load of b.. You can become those regardless if you do this course or not - must be desperate I suppose to get people on the books..

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wills21

b757 wrote: »
    It's not a guaranteed job, that's for sure. You will be put forward "if you're good enough" and still have to pass a final interview when finished the training.

Save your money, go modular (and save a ****e load of money) and get into Ryanair the normal way. They're crying out for lads at the moment - regardless of where you do the training.

---

By the way, I love this line.. "Applicants that choose this career path will continue to follow Ryanair’s instructor career path with the airline and can expect to become Ryanair SFI’s & training Captains once qualification criteria are met."

What a load of b.. You can become those regardless if you do this course or not - must be desperate I suppose to get people on the books..

Can I ask where you done your modular training? (I noticed you post on another thread that you went that route)

I'm a bit overwhelmed with the amount of schools out there and the difference in price

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

Just my 2 cents worth, but whether you go down the Which route you go down depends on your personal circumstances.
    If you have a half decent job the modular route is cheaper and less risky.

Bother NFC and Altlantic imo are pretty much the same in terms of the quality of training they deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

If you are willing to spend that amount of money would you not crunch the numbers and see what Oxford or Jerez are charging. Both of these schools would have a much bigger range of airline contacts than the Irish training schools mentioned. Eggs in one basket etc.

Advertisement