Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Final Space [TBS'][Animation] (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 20-02-2018 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭

Final Space [TBS'][Animation]

TBS’ Final Space Release Date Set
    TBS is adding to its block of animated comedy with a new series called Final Space, which will begin its run on February 26, 2018 at 10:30pm, directly following longtime hit, American Dad. The series comes from creator Olan Rogers who will write and produce the series with David Sacks, who is known for his work on 3rd Rock from the Sun and many other notable comedies.

Final Space, based on Rogers’ 2016 video short of the same name, follows a spaceman named Gary who is serving a prison sentence and meets and quickly befriends a mysterious alien named Mooncake. The problem is that his completely adorable new friend is sought by the evil Lord Commander who wants to use Mooncake’s untapped powers for nefarious purposes.

Rogers will voice Gary, starring alongside such notable actors as David Tennant, Fred Armisen, Tom Kenny, Tika Sumpter, Coty Galloway, and Steven Yeun. Final Space will be produced by Conan O’Brien’s Conaco along with New Form and in association with Turner’s Studio T.

First two episodes/chapters have leaked online.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

I watched the first episode of this and thought it was crap. Then I watched the 2nd episode (as you do) and I thought that was crap as well, yet I was drawn in. Now 6 episodes in and I'm totally hooked. I think it took me a while to adjust to its sense of humour. It feels a bit like american David Brent in the 25th century.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,830 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This is now on netflix, the animation is terrific, I have watched the first 2 episodes really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

I've just watched the whole series and honestly I don't know why. I guess I wanted something to fill the Rick and Morty sized hole in my life, but this isn't it.

I thought the story line was lacklustre, the humour hit and miss and I couldn't bring myself to care much about the characters, especially the romance between Gary and Quinn. I just don't think there was anything special or innovative about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I've been enjoying it so far. Has a nice style to it, some good humour, right amount of silliness. It's an easy watch.

Don't think it's right to look to it as a R&M replacement. Both animated and involving space adventures but R&M is...different.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Really enjoyed this. My only complaint was the main character was a little too wacky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

5555555555 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this. My only complaint was the main character was a little too wacky.

Really enjoyed this myself, even enjoyed Gary's wackiness. Hope there's a second season

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Shut up Kevin! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Kirby wrote: »
    Shut up Kevin! :p

Poor Kevin!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭corkie

24 Jun. 2019 | Is moving to Adult Swim for Season 2

Returning this month!

Selection of New TV shows and returning shows. Just a small collection! (incl. up to 28th July).

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched Season 1 on Netflix. For what it's worth, it will probably be after the season 2 finale before season 2 appears on Netflix (October/November time).

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/final-space-season-2-netflix-release-schedule/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Chookity! I think this is excellent, probably my favourite new animated show. Much prefer it over Rick and Morty.

The animation is gorgeous too when you compare it to other new-ish animated shows like R&M, Disenchantment, Bojack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

One of the few shows I barely managed a single episode; the main character totally set my teeth on edge, the constant blustering self-narration not gelling with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's alright, I think for most people it's the poor mans Rick and Morty. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. If Rick and Morty didn't exist, I doubt I'd even have given it a chance. Though on the flip side, without R&M, it probably wouldn't exist.

Season 3 has now started to Air.

Last season ended 23 Sep. 2019, so big unexplained gap?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

I really like this show. I’m on season 3 and just found out it was cancelled.

any chance Netflix might take it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,031 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Gone for good now as the IP is a tax write off so can never reappear.

a terrible waste for a great show.

Advertisement