Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Rights Thread

Options

Comments

Wibbs wrote: »
    Why be amazed K? Consider the half truths and often utter nonsense that is promoted in mainstream "feminism" and believed by most of the population. The "pay gap" is one. That our streets and homes and workplaces are populated with rapists at a level that would shame a war zone is another. The modern "feminist" credo itself, that women are always agentless victims and men are always at fault is about the biggest lie of all. And that's a near universally culturally accepted one too. This "thoughtcrime" nonsense is in the tuppenny hapenny place by comparison. At worst it's an extension of their other usual nonsense.

Oh, I'm amazed because its a concept that can be turned on anyone. The belief that feminists cannot be accused of thought crimes is the retarded part... or that they haven't even considered how open to abuse the whole thing is. It's like giving dynamite to your enemies, turning around, and pointing to your own Ahole as a grand place to stick it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Ah, waking up today to the latest one - Serena Williams being (rightfully) penalized and then accusing the referee to be "sexist" (last time I checked, her opponent was a woman), because in her head "this doesn't' happen to men". Bullsh1t of the highest magnitude, as it's simply in the rulebook - not too long ago also, Fabio Fognini was EXPELLED from the US open for insulting an umpire (https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/sep/02/fabio-fognini-thrown-out-us-open-obscenities-umpire).

The extremely horrible, worrisome part of this is that the media are, at best, not willing to take a position against Williams and simply tell it how it is - she was losing against a lower rated player, got frustrated and went into full blown "you dont' know who I am!" bullying mode; Some outlets are even siding with her.

A spectacular demonstration of a number of the current "feminism" fallacies: victimhood complex, "men have everything easy" delusion, refusal of responsibilities for one's own actions (it's always somebody else's fault, or "patriarchy!"). Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Right now the William sisters are a powerhouse in the sport, the day will come when they are no more media darlings and things will turn on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭iptba

Here's the latest batch of gender-related hashtags I have noticed trending for anyone interested (I know some are not)
    (Aside: I'm not on Twitter 24/7 of course and don't look back at lists for when I wasn't on)

Mary Robinson
    https://twitter.com/Fiona__Nelson/status/1021474245380063243
    https://twitter.com/drcolleenmurphy/status/1021856634891644928

#womensinspire

#GEHE2018
    European Conference on Gender Equality in Higher Education on ‘Gender in Academia and Research: Countering Persistent and Emerging Challenges to Equality’

#ICPWC18
    The world's first International Congress of Parliamentary Women's Caucuses
    https://twitter.com/OireachtasNews/status/1038885153454612481
    https://twitter.com/FitzgeraldFrncs/status/1038864675876823040
    https://twitter.com/unapower/status/1038853202718994432

• Registered Users Posts: 12,899 ✭✭✭✭JRant

"Climate change is not gender-neutral – it affects women far more. So this is not about climate change, it is about climate justice."

One of the dumbest things I've read on the internet in a long time. Does she think men have hidden gills that allow them to breath underwater or special abilities to withstand drought and famine?

Well if there's one thing we know about Big Bird is that she is willing to walk away from responsibility when the next big gig comes her way.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ah yes, climate change, classic misogyny.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

Don't be so quick to condemn...it's Mary R and a comedienne giving the talk, so it might be a sketch.? It sure sounds like one.

Whats the deal with the women's caucus does it actually have any meaningful impact? Would a male one also be of use?

Calhoun wrote: »
    Whats the deal with the women's caucus does it actually have any meaningful impact? Would a male one also be of use?
    I don’t seen male politicians setting one up any time soon. I think they would get attacked by other politicians, by feminists and by some media commentators.

Defunkd wrote: »
    Don't be so quick to condemn...it's Mary R and a comedienne giving the talk, so it might be a sketch.? It sure sounds like one.
    Reading the article:
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jul/24/mary-robinson-launches-new-feminist-fight-against-climate-change there is no sign it’s a sketch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

JRant wrote: »
    Does she think men have hidden gills that allow them to breath underwater or special abilities to withstand drought and famine?
    Maybe it's a fear that in a post apocalyptic society men's superior physical strength, stoicism and propensity for practical careers might lead to women's role in society reverting to that of child-rearing, home-making, market gardening etc. instead of positions in media, HR, academia and all those other useful areas feminists lean towards... ;)

https://www.facebook.com/HistoryHustle/photos/a.1718941751709144/2011982335738416/?type=3
    I thought this was interesting in terms of the pressure for men to provide.
    I imagine there were other examples of this. If there was a focus on men's history the way there is a focus on women's history, it might unearth other examples.

My mother previously told me about how Irish men in the middle of the 20th century often ended up having to work on building sites and the like in the UK for most of the year to support their family in Ireland and only come home for short periods like a week at Christmas. It sounds like a hard way to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

iptba wrote: »

My mother previously told me about how Irish men in the middle of the 20th century often ended up having to work on building sites and the like in the UK for most of the year to support their family in Ireland and only come home for short periods like a week at Christmas. It sounds like a hard way to live.

Yea, times were tough. A lot of men suffered mentally and emotionally. Yet the picture painted of that period is the suffering women dured at the hand of the patriarchy etc

py2006 wrote: »
    Yea, times were tough. A lot of men suffered mentally and emotionally. Yet the picture painted of that period is the suffering women dured at the hand of the patriarchy etc
    Probably physically also. Physical work like on building sites isn't easy, especially if you may be expected to work even if injured/in pain. And then a lot would have been be exposed to asbestos and the like.

From 2015
    (6 minutes)

Argues that when men are negatively portrayed in the past or in the present, they are effectively negatively portraying you and you shouldn't turn a blind eye to it.

From 2016
    (2 minutes 29 seconds)
    I don't think there is a specific thread on fathers' rights so thought I would post it here. I think the fact that he was male/a father influenced this going to trial

‘Feminist’ denial on all the ways women have it better
    By Karol Markowicz
    September 9, 2018
    https://nypost.com/2018/09/09/feminist-denial-on-all-the-ways-women-have-it-better/

It would be hard to give a definitive answer as to which gender has it worse but this article, by a woman, highlights some areas where men appear to have it worse.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/09/feminist-denial-on-all-the-ways-women-have-it-better/

It would be hard to give a definitive answer as to which gender has it worse but this article, by a woman, highlights some areas where men appear to have it worse.

Well thought piece, statistics not often cited (I had no idea about the commute difference) and empirical observations that everyone makes but fails to draw conclusions from (E.g. I just realized a tennis club I go past every day on the way to work...is exclusively populated by women at 9am).

But sure enough, "gender pay gap" and "patriarchy", because these ladies spending their husband's or parent's paychecks at the tennis club would love to be shoveling manure instead, it's just they aren't allowed 😂😂😂

Just heard the phrase again*: “happy wife, happy life”. This seems to contrast with what might be acceptable to tell women: such an attitude would be criticised and seen as something from the past.

*Admittedly the context here was a sitcom

Just heard the phrase again*: “happy wife, happy life”. This seems to contrast with what might be acceptable to tell women: such an attitude would be criticised and seen as something from the past.

Yeah, please...let's not be like the "feminists" - a comedy is a comedy, something to laugh at without reading much into it :)

• Advertisement

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Yeah, please...let's not be like the "feminists" - a comedy is a comedy, something to laugh at without reading much into it :)
    The comedy is just the latest time I heard it. I have heard it numerous times “in real life”. Maybe let’s not be like the feminists and dismiss aspects of men’s lives.

The comedy is just the latest time I heard it. I have heard it numerous times “in real life”. Maybe let’s not be like the feminists and dismiss aspects of men’s lives.

It's not dismissing, it's just avoiding the "wall against wall" approach that is the go-to strategy these days. Sometimes, things are not meant to be taken seriously, end of the story.

Anybody with an ounce of brain and objectivity will indeed know that there are certain things that "men can't say", which are not only tolerated but encouraged and praised the other way around - a quick look at a specific rhetoric about all men being "potential rapists" is possibly the biggest example. It's about looking in the right places or the risk is that of the "boy who cried wolf" syndrome - which these "thought currents" are already riding on quite intensively...

Exposing the Myth of ‘Happy Wife Happy Life’

February 10, 2018

It may seem like a great idea but this myth can have serious implications to a man, and his marriage.
    https://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/exposing-myth-happy-wife-happy-life-wcz/

Thoughtful article on this, I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

from my kids school earlier in the week, an apt reminder never to interact with kids while being male, even if they might need your help
    Dear Parents,

We have been informed today that two of our Primary School pupils were approached by an unknown middle aged man yesterday afternoon while cycling home, unaccompanied by an adult and outside the school grounds. One of our own teacher’s adult son, who works with children, saw the interaction and was uncomfortable with the incident so he observed from a distance until the children went on their way and the person in question departed in the opposite direction. It may well have been someone the children knew but his feeling was that this was not the case. The guards have been informed and are acting on the information. Please emphasise to your children the importance of not talking to strangers. When possible Primary School children should not go home unaccompanied and if this is not possible then they should be in the company of a friend. Teachers will be speaking to their classes over the coming days and I will keep you informed.

Best regards,

update
    Dear Parents,

An update on the alert we sent earlier this week:

Thankfully we now know that the gentleman in question was known to the children and that there is nothing to be worried about. The Gardaí have also been informed and have assured us that we took the right course of action at the time.

Best regards,

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    from my kids school earlier in the week, an apt reminder never to interact with kids while being male, even if they might need your help

update

Just waiting for them to ruin someones life and be sued. Question i would have for the school is what is a teacher adult son doing around the school? Would he not have easier access to abuse than anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

That is making my blood boil. So, a man talks to two children on a street,the guards are alaterted and everybody gets fearful.

It's very, very strange and very, very unique to Ireland and, maybe, America.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

That is making my blood boil. So, a man talks to two children on a street,the guards are alaterted and everybody gets fearful.

in the US they would least arrest the parents for letting their kids walk home from school unsupervised :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Actually British Airways operate a policy whereby they will remove a child who is travelling unaccompanied from a seat if he/she is placed beside a man travelling on his own.

Modern day "equality" folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

as much as i haate all this fmanist noscience i have to say that there is a genuine diference between mens sport and womans sport. womans sport is really under promoted and funded

Citation needed

• Advertisement

Negative, it's a western society thing, it's the same in other countries, such as Italy - if you're a man and are within 5 meters of a child, you're automatically a paedophile.

Advertisement