Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solid Enigma2 Image Required for SAB Unix triple tuner

Options
  • 23-09-2018 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,
    Recently purchased a SAB Unix triple tuner(which is same as Amiko Alien 2) but the image thats on it that i think is built from OpenPli.This image is crashing every day so need a rock solid image - any recommendations welcome.

I basically want the receiver for Saorview and UK FTA channels,but with Auto Timer,Timeshift.Dont need IPTV or anything too exciting.Most important thing is that its Rock Solid enigma2 Image.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I use OpenVIX. It's never let me down

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fdiddy110

As far as i am aware OpenVix doesnt work with SAB/Amiko receivers, but i am open to correction on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

fdiddy110 wrote: »
    As far as i am aware OpenVix doesnt work with SAB/Amiko receivers, but i am open to correction on this.

Well the branch is called vix4e2 and I'm using it on an AA2

Ya also tried that image but similar problems im having.Do you have any issues with the restart message "Your receiver has encountered a software problem and needs to restart"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

openATV is my favourite. On an AA2/Sab use as few plugins as possible and be wary of some Sky like skins.

• Advertisement

is my favourite. On an AA2/Sab use as few plugins as possible and be wary of some Sky like skins.

I tried 6.2 version of OpenATV but for some reason it wouldnt tune in Saorview channels.

Do you have an image that i can use from your own setup - i presume you have the Amiko Alien 2?

Thanks

I find openATV 6.2 is still buggy on several different makes of box and prefer 6.1

PM sent for image.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

I use Hyperion 4.5 and find it great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Having had an AA2 I can honestly say there is no such thing as a solidly stable image for it. Hyperion was probably the closest to stable but even with that the box was always glitchy and sluggish especially on Saorview terrestrial channels. Trust me, I sold and setup quite a few. I only replaced my Mams one 2 weeks ago. Having an SH4 chipset meant none of the main dev groups supported it for very long, others like OpenVix avoided it.

If you've only bought the box new I can tell you it's a very bad buy, the Tiviar Alpha combo is a much better box, faster, has a broadcom chipset and space for an internal drive and is only £100. The latest OpenATV and OpenVix are available for it.

I find openATV 6.2 is still buggy on several different makes of box and prefer 6.1

PM sent for image.

Many thanks for this - have loaded it up and seems to be stable at this stage - fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

Having had an AA2 I can honestly say there is no such thing as a solidly stable image for it. Hyperion was probably the closest to stable but even with that the box was always glitchy and sluggish especially on Saorview terrestrial channels. Trust me, I sold and setup quite a few. I only replaced my Mams one 2 weeks ago. Having an SH4 chipset meant none of the main dev groups supported it for very long, others like OpenVix avoided it.

If you've only bought the box new I can tell you it's a very bad buy, the Tiviar Alpha combo is a much better box, faster, has a broadcom chipset and space for an internal drive and is only £100. The latest OpenATV and OpenVix are available for it.

I am beginning to think the box is not up for the job - just installed OpenATV from Gerry - thanks.Seems to be solid now(fingers crossed).

I was looking to purchase that Tiviar - but now have paid €200 for the AA2.:rolleyes:

What set up do you have and is it very stable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

How is the OpenATV image from Gerry on the Saorview channels?

Is it really slow to change channels on Saorview and slow to bring up the menu's etc. after a button press on the remote when you are on a Saorview channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

openATV is my favourite. On an AA2/Sab use as few plugins as possible and be wary of some Sky like skins.

3 files in your link, all on to a USB and install?

What plugins then?

It really is and always has been a piece of sh1t box, dunno how it sold so well or why their was such a big thread for it on here.

Started following that Tiviar thread but weary of buying another box recommended on here.

Kuva wrote: »

Started following that Tiviar thread but weary of buying another box recommended on here.

The Tiviar is rock solid, very fast and has internal storage. I've had mine running for weeks sometimes recording/streaming using 2 or 3 tuners without a needing a single reboot in weeks. It just never locks up, it's perfect. I'm on the same image since April and have yet to see a green screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

The Tiviar is rock solid, very fast and has internal storage. I've had mine running for weeks sometimes recording/streaming using 2 or 3 tuners without a needing a single reboot in weeks. It just never locks up, it's perfect. I'm on the same image since April and have yet to see a green screen

60 pages to read, ugh, where do you buy with a HDD in it? I'll order and by the time I've it read it'll be here, I can't put up with Amiko anymore.

60 pages to read, ugh, where do you buy with a HDD in it? I'll order and by the time I've it read it'll be here, I can't put up with Amiko anymore.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/tiviar-alpha-plus

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Wanaknowmore

Hi,

I have just swapped out an AA2+ box for the tiviar and second High Horses recommendation for it. It is just much faster in operation. I have also noticed that I am getting slightly higher LNB signal strenght readings as well.

My AA2 box had run an older OpenAtv image for for over 2 years without problems. I have reflashed it to OpenAtv ver 6.2 and it has been used in one of the bedrooms without reported issues/grief for nearly 3 weeks.

The AA2 has its frailties. As said earlier, limit plugin use and settle back when switching between Saorview and FTA channels. Its just slow. I never checked how the original spark SW handled this channel switching and whether it would be quicker (though you lose 7 day EPG).

3 files in your link, all on to a USB and install?

What plugins then?

It really is and always has been a piece of sh1t box, dunno how it sold so well or why their was such a big thread for it on here.

The 3 files listed on the site are 3 daily update versions. You only need 1. Extract it to your USB drive. You should end up with a folder called enigma2 containing 2 other files.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Hi Folks,

Hard drive packed up on by triplex using Hyperion 4.5. I'm trying to set up a usb drive so there's enough memory for the EPG. I've formatted usb to ext4 but for the life of me, I can't get it to mount. It's been too long, the old brain cells not can't remember. I think I'm missing something simple enough. I seen on my other boxes I can initialise but I don't see it here.

Advertisement