Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Planned Outage Monday 9-6pm

Options
  • 22-09-2018 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Got notice of this about 10days ago, its for urgent work. No idea the extent of this as it just says Waterford. Anyone else get a notice through their letterbox.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Where are you? Drunmore road was off Friday morning, it coud be more work on that sub-station

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Ballybricken area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭914

ESB have been doing a lot of work around the ballybricken and surrounding areas over the past few weeks. Replacing poles, wires etc...

So I would say it is to do with switching over to the newer infrastructure that they have put in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Actually that's true they've also be busy on Rockshire road. Clearly a general plan of upgrading in the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,035 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

They were up around cleaboy and hillview last week too

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

They are Spanish or French contractors working for the ESB i think, and they are replacing all the wooden poles with newer metal ones well thats what they done near me and the electricity was back on sometime after 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

They are Spanish or French contractors working for the ESB i think, and they are replacing all the wooden poles with newer metal ones well thats what they done near me and the electricity was back on sometime after 2pm

Did they give you a 9-6 (9hr) notice in your case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Did they give you a 9-6 (9hr) notice in your case?

Yes

Advertisement