Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Christmas Trees

Options
  • 20-09-2018 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Where do you get your fake trees from? We're looking for a really good one possibly pre light that looks impressive and will last for years to come. Ideally we would like somewhere we can go to view them but if there's a reputable company with decent listings we'd be willing to source online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I buy from a rubber man
    In a town full of rubber plans

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Where do you get your fake trees from? We're looking for a really good one possibly pre light that looks impressive and will last for years to come. Ideally we would like somewhere we can go to view them but if there's a reputable company with decent listings we'd be willing to source online

I got mine in Homestore and more. It’s 7ft tall and a beast really full as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Ditto Loughc - I got ours from Homestore and more - think it's the Nebraska(?) - it's beautiful, I absolutely love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Another Homestore and More tree owner here and it's perfect

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I got mine here

http://www.irishchristmastrees.com

It was pricey but definitely worth it, we've had it years and it still looks as good as the day we got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

Got ours in BT, its now 14/15 yrs old, still looks fab you get what you pay for in fake trees, buy one that looks realistic not shiny and gaudy with spray snow or anything on branches

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Ditto Loughc - I got ours from Homestore and more - think it's the Nebraska(?) - it's beautiful, I absolutely love it!

Yes Nebraska is the one I have too! :)

Hey tree buddy, I like to think our trees grew up in the same fake Christmas Tree farm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

retalivity wrote: »
    I buy from a rubber man
    In a town full of rubber plans

I prefer the one in the town full of rubber bands

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We got ours (both of them) in Homestore & More. My folks got theirs in Woodies & my sister got hers online through Littlewoods. All are fantastic (ours marginally better though ;) ) and have lasted us years. We've no plans to change ours anyway.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

We have ones from Lidl, house of Fraser and BT. By far the nicest is the BT one and it was the middle price. We’ve had it 7 years and it’s as fabulous as ever, one from house of Fraser is really not holding up as well so will need to replace it.

The Lidl one was to fill an extra space but I think I will be heading to Home store and more to replace in the next year or two

Then I can move the Lidl one to somewhere else and slowly build my fake tree family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
    How have your experiences been with pre lit trees? Do you feel there are enough lights or do you add more? Do the lights last?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have a BT tree, but it's not pre-lit.

I wouldn't want a pre-lit tree because I'm fussy with my lights, and I'd want the option to change them if I wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'd be unsure of buying a pre lit tree. If the lights blow on it they can be a pain.
    Regarding where to purchase I'd recommend having a look around Home store and more, Brown Thomas, Woodies, Local DIY places, even Tesco.
    You'd find one to your taste and you'd get a feeling how sturdy it is.
    What is your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Got our one up the North years ago and its a great one. If you are within driving distance then do a bit of online research and you might get a bargain. Good luck!

Advertisement