Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just donated a computer and some hard drives. You can too!

Options
  • 18-09-2018 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi,

I was given a flier about the TUS Computer Refurbishment Programme the other day. Since I am moving at the moment, and I had an old PC lying around that needed to be recycled, I dropped it off up there this morning, along with some spare hard drives I had lying around. I only wish I had known about it earlier, because I dropped off a pile of old PC's and parts to the recyclers only last week :(

I got talking to the lads, and it turns out they are very short of PC's and parts. It seems to be a great way to "upcycle" any old pc's that may be lying around in the back of cupboards or in attics, gathering dust monsters.

So please have a root around, and bring them along to the Manor Saint John Youth Services building (Google Maps Link) on Mondays or Tuesdays between 9AM and 5PM.

BTW - I have no link to TUS, I am just impressed with the work they are doing, and would like to help :)

ps. Cannot figure out how to get the fada over the U in TUS. Every time I put it in and preview, it strips it out :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Thanks for the PC tip, I have a pile of them to go. You can ad a fada to any vowel by pressing the alt gr button and the vowel:

á é í ó ú Á É Í Ó Ú

TÚS

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Nice one. I probably have a few bits and pieces lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭TeRmInAlCrAzY

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Still doesn't work for me, but maybe because I am using Opera browser.

Even when I copy and paste from your post ....

ú Á

All are stripped except those 2. Madness!

Anyway, if you need any help getting the PC's in to them, I can help :)

Advertisement