Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 5 Captain Poll

• 13-09-2018 6:13am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Aguero for me.

GW 5 Captain 147 votes

Kane(LIV)
    0% 0 votes
    Salah(tot)
    1% 2 votes
    Mane(tot)
    1% 2 votes
    Vardy(bou)
    0% 1 vote
    Hazard(CAR)
    0% 0 votes
    Alonso(CAR)
    12% 19 votes
    Zaha(hud)
    4% 6 votes
    Aguero(FUL)
    0% 1 vote
    Aubameyang(new)
    76% 112 votes
    Lukaku(wat)
    1% 2 votes
    Walcott(WHU)
    0% 0 votes
    Arnautovic(eve)
    0% 1 vote
    Ings(BRI)
    0% 0 votes
    Other(comment in thread)
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Going for hazard again this week

Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Aguero for me, easy choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Torn between Kun and Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Are the people who were auto captain Salah doing it again this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,698 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Lots of speculation about Sarri converting Hazard into a striker, I wonder is he tempted to try Hazard up front at home to Cardiff?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Lots of speculation about Sarri converting Hazard into a striker, I wonder is he tempted to try Hazard up front at home to Cardiff?

This has been discussed many times before
    But as a non owner I hope he does
    It’s a negative

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm tempted by Alonso as he's not really playing as a left back. I'd expect him to be higher up the pitch then most left midfielders against Cardiff at home and he's become even more dangerous with Hazard in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Are the people who were auto captain Salah doing it again this week?

Yes. Even though its the 12.30 match!

:D

• Advertisement

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Yes. Even though its the 12.30 match!

:D

12:30 Match
    Away to Spurs

Whilst Aguero/Hazard have handier fixtures. Good luck :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Kun's the man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

km79 wrote: »
    This has been discussed many times before
    But as a non owner I hope he does
    It’s a negative

How is it?

Agüero

Chesty08 wrote: »
    How is it?

His best position is left of front 3
    It's where he normally plays
    It's where his best output comes from
    He isn't as effective with his back to goal

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

His best position is left of front 3
    It's where he normally plays
    It's where his best output comes from
    He isn't as effective with his back to goal

Mertens wasn't a striker before Sarri got his hands on him and he's definitely not the type to be playing a traditional/old school back to goal striker.

I think Hazard will excel as his central striker, if he makes that switch. And I think it's only a matter of time before we see it. Can't see Morata lasting long under him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Half tempted to go slightly left field with sterling probably will be kept on kun though

PARlance wrote: »
    Mertens wasn't a striker before Sarri got his hands on him and he's definitely not the type to be playing a traditional/old school back to goal striker.

I think Hazard will excel as his central striker, if he makes that switch. And I think it's only a matter of time before we see it. Can't see Morata lasting long under him.
    It has been tried over the past 2 seasons
    He didn’t play as the traditional back to goal striker
    But he was still not in his best position which is coming in off the left
    Playing a one Two with the striker before scoring it Home

I typed these exact words last season as a reason why I wasn’t getting him in before a good run of fixtures ...........

He is playing football at the highest level for a fair while now and it hasn’t been as a striker for a reason

This is a bit like the Kante debate which has gone very quiet for some reason ......

This is a bit like the Kante debate which has gone very quiet for some reason ......

What's the debate? He is playing higher forward this year than last year that's a fact. The only debate is if he'll be an option at 5.5?

If Hazard is playing central then the real winner will probably be Pedro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dearg81 wrote: »
    If Hazard is playing central then the real winner will probably be Pedro.

Ye exactly it would mean a front 3 of willian hazard pedro. Guaranteeing a start for pedro who is a far more selfish player than hazard and more of a natural goalscorer. Cant see it happening this week with willian only back from brazil duty .

I typed these exact words last season as a reason why I wasn’t getting him in before a good run of fixtures ...........

He is playing football at the highest level for a fair while now and it hasn’t been as a striker for a reason

Conte and Sarri have two completely different styles of play.I wouldn't be comparing Hazard's central position under Conte to Sarri. To me it is similar to Salah under Klopp, further forward and more central but still wide as a 3 at times.
    He most definitely won't be a backs to the goal striker.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Conte and Sarri have two completely different styles of play.I wouldn't be comparing Hazard's central position under Conte to Sarri. To me it is similar to Salah under Klopp, further forward and more central but still wide as a 3 at times.
    He most definitely won't be a backs to the goal striker.

And I don’t think it will have a major positive impact on his output . Again.
    He has played the vast vast majority of his career in a different position for a reason imo

I don't think anyone really considered Kante??? Many joked but I don't think anyone on here went for him... despite it being clear as day that his role now is very different under Sarri. Much more freedom, getting into advanced positions regularly etc. He still wasn't a viable option.

Re Hazard, I don't think you can base it on his past two seasons. As Chesty mentions, completely different managers and styles. Personally, I think we'll see a front three of Pedro - Hazard - Willian in the near future from Sarri... and I would have faith in Sarri / Hazard delivering on that, as well as the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Aguero ainec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

10 minutes to go, will I keep it on Alonso? Resolve is waivering, seemed like genius last Monday.

Chickened out! Aguero it is.

10 minutes to go, will I keep it on Alonso? Resolve is waivering, seemed like genius last Monday.

Chickened out! Aguero it is.

I chickened out too. Aguero is the safe boring pick and we'd be in trouble if he banged in another hattrick and didn't pick him. They'll probably both score in or around the same amount of points so best not to over think it.

Played off the left
    Got two goals by playing a one Two with central striker
    Case
    Closed
    ;)

Played off the left
    Got two goals by playing a one Two with central striker
    Case
    Closed
    ;)

1st goal. Central position for the step over, checks right and finish from RHS.

2nd Goal. Alonso to Pedro on LHS. Pedro into Giroud & Hazard both central.

3rd Goal. Central, from the peno spot :)

Still reasonable doubt!

• Advertisement

1st goal. Central position for the step over, checks right and finish from RHS.

2nd Goal. Alonso to Pedro on LHS. Pedro into Giroud & Hazard both central.

3rd Goal. Central, from the peno spot :)

Still reasonable doubt!
    I didn’t mean he scored from the left hand side
    But I suspect you already are aware of this :D

Advertisement