Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Optilase Referral

• 22-08-2018 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

If anyone is considering getting laser done with Optilase, let me know and I will give you my referral details. You get 100 quid off and I will get 100 back.

I'm also happy to answer questions that anyone who wants my referral may have! I got mine done just over a year ago in the Cork clinic and I can hands down say it is the best decision I have ever made! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

peachypyro wrote: »
    If anyone is considering getting laser done with Optilase, let me know and I will give you my referral details. You get 100 quid off and I will get 100 back.

I'm also happy to answer questions that anyone who wants my referral may have! I got mine done just over a year ago in the Cork clinic and I can hands down say it is the best decision I have ever made! :)

What was your prescription? I'm -1.5 and going to Interview stage of Garda... I reckon if I get passed i'll fly fitness, but medical will probably force me to get laser...

I'm necessarily nervous about procedure I'm just worried about recovery, what was recovery like? And do you mind asking how much you ended up paying per eye total including all? I know the advertised prices are probably not at all what you end up paying total.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

bottar1 wrote: »
    What was your prescription? I'm -1.5 and going to Interview stage of Garda... I reckon if I get passed i'll fly fitness, but medical will probably force me to get laser...

I'm necessarily nervous about procedure I'm just worried about recovery, what was recovery like? And do you mind asking how much you ended up paying per eye total including all? I know the advertised prices are probably not at all what you end up paying total.

I had this done, -2.5 in both eyes. Recovery was quick, had some dry eye for a couple of weeks which cleared up itself but was just uncomfortable not painful or anything.

I paid €2900 total around 3 years ago. Let me know if you’ve any further questions

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I had it done for the same reason.
    Was - 2.5 in one eye and I think it cost €1800.
    I found the whole thing a walk in the park to be honest, the idea of it was terrifying though!
    Happy to answer any questions you have if you want to drop me a PM.

jive wrote: »
    I had this done, -2.5 in both eyes. Recovery was quick, had some dry eye for a couple of weeks which cleared up itself but was just uncomfortable not painful or anything.

I paid €2900 total around 3 years ago. Let me know if you’ve any further questions

You also had it done with Optilase? What type of laser eye surgery did you have?

You also had it done with Optilase? What type of laser eye surgery did you have?

Yeh optilase. I had PRK which is slower recovery but cheaper, I’d go for LASIK myself which my girlfriend did and she was absolutely fine 24 hours later just needed to keep doing the prescription of drops etc.

PRK took me around 3 days to be able to walk around and do things in a room with light, had it done as they recommend this if you do combat sports. If you don’t then 100% pay the extra few euro for LASIK as it’s a much more comfortable recovery.

• Advertisement

jive wrote: »
    Yeh optilase. I had PRK which is slower recovery but cheaper, I’d go for LASIK myself which my girlfriend did and she was absolutely fine 24 hours later just needed to keep doing the prescription of drops etc.

PRK took me around 3 days to be able to walk around and do things in a room with light, had it done as they recommend this if you do combat sports. If you don’t then 100% pay the extra few euro for LASIK as it’s a much more comfortable recovery.

Have to get PRK for the gardai as far as I know.

Kablamo! wrote: »

Clear the 4 days following in your schedule. First 48 hours are extremely boring, you have what feels like something in your eyes so you can’t open them for long and any light will drive you nuts even when wearing the visor they give you. Day 3 and 4 still uncomfortable with normal light in the room but after that it’s absolutely fine. Not going to lie, first few days are extremely extremely boring you just have to be in a dark room doing absolutely nothing bar listening to radio, podcasts, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I got it done 11 years ago. I found them very good. My prescription was very bad maybe something like -4.5 and -4.75.

Ended up getting a top up after a few months.

It is life changing :)

So if you had gotten the other treatment done well in advance, they'd deny you?

So if you had gotten the other treatment done well in advance, they'd deny you?

Couldn't tell you that I'm afraid. Suppose you could always get it done and say nothing!

• Advertisement

Couldn't tell you that I'm afraid. Suppose you could always get it done and say nothing!

Yeah, I'm thinking it wouldn't be an issue if it was months in advance. Surely you are not restricted to "no combat sports" and the like for the rest of your life because you went for LASIK and not PRK?

Anyway, I've an interview to get through first, but the laser I'll want anyway! Glasses do my head in and I hate contacts!

Yeah, I'm thinking it wouldn't be an issue if it was months in advance. Surely you are not restricted to "no combat sports" and the like for the rest of your life because you went for LASIK and not PRK?

Anyway, I've an interview to get through first, but the laser I'll want anyway! Glasses do my head in and I hate contacts!

The sooner the better so! You won't regret it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

@peachypyro please refrain from making duplicate threads for optilase referrals

Advertisement