Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Marquee tent erected on Dunmore Road serving alcohol and food!

Options
  • 09-09-2018 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about the large Marquee tent that seems to have been erected in the field between the Island View housing estate and The Riverside Cottage (Beckett's Bar) on the Dunmore road?

There are lights in trees and cars and it seems to have hosted a party of some sort on Saturday night with loud music and a band etc.

It was going on until after 2am and seems to have been serving alcohol and food as well.

Surely this is illegal to set this up in a field like this in a residential area without planning permission, liquor license etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭2SWEET

A wedding perhaps? And maybe they did have planning permission and license or do you know that they didn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

reni10 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the large Marquee tent that seems to have been erected in the field between the Island View housing estate and The Riverside Cottage (Beckett's Bar) on the Dunmore road?

There are lights in trees and cars and it seems to have hosted a party of some sort on Saturday night with loud music and a band etc.

It was going on until after 2am and seems to have been serving alcohol and food as well.

Surely this is illegal to set this up in a field like this in a residential area without planning permission, liquor license etc.?

Has beckekks bar got a license?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Hoboo

The outrage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

No planning permission notice up and when asked who was responsible for it the staff out there said they knew nothing as they were just working there!

Sounds dodgy to me!

No planning permission notice up and when asked who was responsible for it the staff out there said they knew nothing as they were just working there!

Sounds dodgy to me!

Do you need planning permission to put up a tent ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Planning issues to Local Authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

OP is just jealous they didn’t get an invite.

heroics wrote: »

It’s was a Waterford harvest festival event
    He needed a ticket not an invite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

No jealousy, I would like to do it too!

Setup a few bands in a tent in a prime location, buy a few thousand cans to sell and make a fortune!

No planning permission needed, no liquor license needed, no security wages to pay, no tax, no bother!

Nice little earner...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭oceanman

heroics wrote: »
    yep, he sounds jealous to me...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Setup a few bands in a tent in a prime location, buy a few thousand cans to sell and make a fortune!

No planning permission needed, no liquor license needed, no security wages to pay, no tax, no bother!

Nice little earner...

Go ahead so, if you think that's what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Nice little earner...

Your head is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Santan

as far as i was told its a private wedding on the old becketts land, using their bar license but supplying their own food, but not sure

Advertisement